This topic has been locked
Mr. Pink™ Jan 11, 2017 @ 5:52pm
Steam Card Not Activated
So I recently bought a steam card from Walgreens in Ruidoso, New Mexico and I was on vacation, but I got back home and tried to redeem it, and it says it's not activated. I called walgreens in the state I'm in and they said they don't sell any steam cards. I have no idea where the receipt is.... I've tried making a ticket on steam, but it wouldn't work. Please help me!
< >
Showing 1-15 of 18 comments
76561198218426745 Jan 11, 2017 @ 6:10pm 
Unfortunately, Steam cannot assist you with a card that has not been activated. You would need to go back to the seller for a refund, or to have the card activated/replaced.
Mr. Pink™ Jan 11, 2017 @ 6:47pm 
How would I get it replaced without the receipt?
76561198218426745 Jan 11, 2017 @ 6:48pm 
In all likelihood you will be unable to receive assistance from the store without the receipt, as they cannot know whether you purchased the card or stole it.
milk Jan 11, 2017 @ 6:48pm 
Originally posted by Mr. Pink™:
How would I get it replaced without the receipt?
You can't. What's the issue with the card itself?
Mr. Pink™ Jan 11, 2017 @ 6:53pm 
You can't. What's the issue with the card itself? [/quote]

Whenever I try to redeem the card, it says it has not been activated. I think there was a mistake when I purchased it, but I guess that's 50 dollars down the drain in that case...
milk Jan 11, 2017 @ 6:58pm 
Originally posted by мιʟκмαn:
You can't. What's the issue with the card itself?
Whenever I try to redeem the card, it says it has not been activated. I think there was a mistake when I purchased it, but I guess that's 50 dollars down the drain in that case...
The only scenario possible with the card is that someone claimed it before you did but I don't see how that's possible if you purchased the card from a store. Either way, the only people who can help you with this are the people who you bought from, without a receipt though, it might make things difficult.

Edit: When you bought the card, did you scratch it from behind or was it already scratched?
Last edited by milk; Jan 11, 2017 @ 6:59pm
76561198218426745 Jan 11, 2017 @ 7:00pm 
The only scenario possible with the card is that someone claimed it before you did but I don't see how that's possible if you purchased the card from a store.

This error is fairly common, and occurs when the card is not properly activated at point of sale. It's usually resolved by going back to the store you bought from, but in this case — both because it's another state, and the lack of receipt — the OP is out of luck, unfortunately.
Mr. Pink™ Jan 11, 2017 @ 7:00pm 

The only scenario possible with the card is that someone claimed it before you did but I don't see how that's possible if you purchased the card from a store. Either way, the only people who can help you with this are the people who you bought from, without a receipt though, it might make things difficult.

Edit: When you bought the card, did you scratch it from behind or was it already scratched?

It was not scratched at all... No possible way anyone else used it before me. Would there be any way to possibly activate it without having to purchase it again?
milk Jan 11, 2017 @ 7:05pm 
Originally posted by habitualaction:
-snip-
I was unaware such an error with then exists, huh.

It was not scratched at all... No possible way anyone else used it before me. Would there be any way to possibly activate it without having to purchase it again?
Can I ask you to do something for me?
Claim the code and when you see the error, send a screenshot of what it shows to you.
Last edited by milk; Jan 11, 2017 @ 7:07pm
Mr. Pink™ Jan 11, 2017 @ 7:06pm 
How would I send a screenshot? do you want me to just copy the error message?
Heeby-Jeeby Jan 11, 2017 @ 7:07pm 
Without a receipt, there is no way to have the card activated. Otherwise, what would stop people just taking cards off the shelf and claiming the cards were never activated?
milk Jan 11, 2017 @ 7:09pm 
How would I send a screenshot? do you want me to just copy the error message?
If you're using Windows, use the Snipping Tool in the start menu to screenshot it then upload it to something like imgur.
Mr. Pink™ Jan 11, 2017 @ 7:09pm 
The Steam Wallet code you have entered does not appear to be activated. Please note that it may take several hours after time of purchase before activation is completed by your retailer. If the problem persists, please return to where the code was purchased for further assistance.
milk Jan 11, 2017 @ 7:11pm 
The Steam Wallet code you have entered does not appear to be activated. Please note that it may take several hours after time of purchase before activation is completed by your retailer. If the problem persists, please return to where the code was purchased for further assistance.
Can you upload that specific part as a screenshot here?
76561198315911161 Jan 11, 2017 @ 7:45pm 
Who gives me the csgo, add me
< >
Showing 1-15 of 18 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: Jan 11, 2017 @ 5:52pm