Y`not 11. sep. 2013 kl. 23.25
Family Sharing seems limited
So instead of being able to share and play at the same time with any game makes co-op single player you take that away. Most games will make us buy a third party key because they want money for that extra computer being able to play. If we are going to borrow games from friends or family I think if the asking person is in the same network then it should be 100% shared and transfered to play together. If someone is outside the network then 1 at a time. No extra cdkey required. This is similar to trading console games with friends. If you don't pay a subscription fee its shareable. Thus it should be similar with computers since most of the consoles are going to start dying off here soon with the ♥♥♥♥ they are producing, and wanting to get rid of the trading option as well.
< >
Viser 115 av 124 kommentarer
Laptop 11. sep. 2013 kl. 23.27 
I think computers on the same IP should all be allowed on. Especially for LAN games. For Valve games this is easy as Valve manage Steam and so on. But for games like Call of Duty and such, the publishers may say otherwise.
Y`not 11. sep. 2013 kl. 23.30 
Publishers are going to kill this anyways asking for us to pay for additional cd-keys, or buying a second copy. This is why this will be a limited option and mostly just steam based games, and indy games that are willing to fully cooperate with this feature. Just like xbone talked about getting rid of trading games.
Sist redigert av Y`not; 11. sep. 2013 kl. 23.31
just.dont.do.it 12. sep. 2013 kl. 0.14 
So far, it seems to be very limited due to lack of ability to share individual games, coupled with exclusive access to one's entire library. In other words, you won't be able to play ANY game as long as the library owner plays any other game. Even if you two want to play different games.
Rzep 12. sep. 2013 kl. 0.26 
I think this is as far as they can take without Publishers taking their games off Steam, or adding some new scheme to limit what Steam is trying to do. Remember Steam is a store and no matter how popular it may be, it is still dependant on Publishers. If no one allows their games on Steam, then steam goes down.
Steven Brattac 12. sep. 2013 kl. 0.53 
Opprinnelig skrevet av Rzep:
I think this is as far as they can take without Publishers taking their games off Steam, or adding some new scheme to limit what Steam is trying to do. Remember Steam is a store and no matter how popular it may be, it is still dependant on Publishers. If no one allows their games on Steam, then steam goes down.
thanks for posting this its a point we all depend on Steam staying alive has top priority for us that have a lot of games on i! Good Argument and solves the case for me i would decide too that way ! even if they wanted they cant risk that !
Sist redigert av Steven Brattac; 12. sep. 2013 kl. 0.54
Ljaahni 12. sep. 2013 kl. 5.32 
Sharing one single game between multiple persons isn't something you could do with a physical game, why should you be able to just because you bought it on Steam?
Having a friend/family member play a game of yours, while you are playing something else - thats something completely different, that SHOULD be allowed!
 KARR™ 12. sep. 2013 kl. 5.47 
Opprinnelig skrevet av Ljaahni:
Sharing one single game between multiple persons isn't something you could do with a physical game, why should you be able to just because you bought it on Steam?
Having a friend/family member play a game of yours, while you are playing something else - thats something completely different, that SHOULD be allowed!

That though is not what the publishers are going to want to happen. They want everyone to BUY games, not be able to lent out 10 other copies of their games to people until they have played 200 hours of them and can give them back never to be played again or purchased! They want a system of "here, try this game" so that they person gets into it and likes it, but because they keep getting kicked out, they are moved towards purchasing their own copy!

As for:-
Opprinnelig skrevet av ynotak47:
So instead of being able to share and play at the same time with any game makes co-op single player you take that away.
There was only ever one copy of the game. You would never be able to play co-op with someone unless there were two copies of the game. This hasn't changed anything.
Spawn of Totoro 12. sep. 2013 kl. 7.42 
It is, afterall, going to be in Beta. There may be limitations preventing the sharing of individual games and it may also change at a latter point in time.

Lets focus on what we are getting first, then we can focus on how to improve it.
Satoru 12. sep. 2013 kl. 8.07 
Well you have to balance between 'sharing' and 'out right piracy'.
Assknight 12. sep. 2013 kl. 8.27 
It's for familys.

Parent's can decide exactly what their kids can play.
Silv3r9 12. sep. 2013 kl. 8.32 
Opprinnelig skrevet av Spawn of Totoro:
Lets focus on what we are getting first, then we can focus on how to improve it.

I had a long winded wall of text ready to agree with the above statement but I got distracted by a shiny star... Congrats Spawn! :hee:
Purple Tentacle 12. sep. 2013 kl. 8.34 
im assuming theres something stopping me from playing my steam games in offline mode whilst i share my library ? i can see how they could stop it if i wanted to share but i had 1 PC but not if i had 2
 KARR™ 12. sep. 2013 kl. 8.59 
Opprinnelig skrevet av Assknight Of Assonia:
It's for familys.

Parent's can decide exactly what their kids can play.

This has nothing to do with parental controls. EVERY item in your account is shared, you have no control over individual items.
Paspinall 12. sep. 2013 kl. 9.24 
Opprinnelig skrevet av just.dont.do.it:
So far, it seems to be very limited due to lack of ability to share individual games, coupled with exclusive access to one's entire library. In other words, you won't be able to play ANY game as long as the library owner plays any other game. Even if you two want to play different games.

Even though thats NOT how steam says it works and it wouldnt make sense for it to as for that I could just trust someone enough to let them play on my accout in the first place
Paspinall 12. sep. 2013 kl. 9.28 
OK different releases from steam saying different things, but if thats all it is I can ignore it then.
< >
Viser 115 av 124 kommentarer
Per side: 1530 50

Dato lagt ut: 11. sep. 2013 kl. 23.25