Tironinei 2013 年 3 月 9 日 下午 2:12
How do people become Mods?
最後修改者:Tironinei; 2013 年 3 月 9 日 下午 2:45
< >
目前顯示第 1-9 則留言,共 9
DarkCrystalMethod 2013 年 3 月 9 日 下午 2:13 
One does not seek modditude to attain it.
Tironinei 2013 年 3 月 9 日 下午 2:32 
Yes, but how is ones worth proven; by the loudness of their voice or by the choosing of their words?
Reindeer 2013 年 3 月 9 日 下午 2:34 
In soviet russia Mod becomes You.
Tironinei 2013 年 3 月 9 日 下午 2:39 
your words are upside down and backwards, and I have no mirror.
Tito Shivan 2013 年 3 月 9 日 下午 3:25 
The legend says it only happens on really hot summers.
A few chosen users dissapear from the forums, appearing on a jungle, on a unknown location.

Then Mods start hunting them, until only one survives.
That lone survivor is choosen as the new forum moderator.

Now seriously, Steam just pick the people, there is no application to mod.
Reindeer 2013 年 3 月 9 日 下午 3:38 
引用自 Tito Shivan
The legend says it only happens on really hot summers.
A few chosen users dissapear from the forums, appearing on a jungle, on a unknown location.

Then Mods start hunting them, until only one survives.
That lone survivor is choosen as the new forum moderator.

Now seriously, Steam just pick the people, there is no application to mod.
Everything this man said was true, except for the last line.
Red Wings Rock 2013 年 3 月 10 日 上午 6:23 
The bad thing is, a person who was on my ignore list, is a mod now. So, he was removed from my ignore list. There was a reason I put him on ignore. Just because he is a mod now, I still don't agree with half their posts.
Spawn of Totoro 2013 年 3 月 10 日 上午 6:42 
引用自 Red Wings Rock
The bad thing is, a person who was on my ignore list, is a mod now. So, he was removed from my ignore list. There was a reason I put him on ignore. Just because he is a mod now, I still don't agree with half their posts.

Just because you don't agree with them, does not mean they should not be able to contact you for official buisness. Mods need to be able contact users from time to time ofer certain issues.
-----
OP,
When a mod position opens up, Steam and other mods will make a list of helpful people they have seen in the forums and pick someone from that list. If you have any negitive marks on you, then you probebly won't get picked (unless everyone else has more against them).

It is best to try and be polite, helpfull and follow the rules, reguardless of wanting to be a mod or not.
Alex 2013 年 3 月 10 日 上午 6:56 
Dont know how it works here at Steam, but usually they look out for people that have benefited the community and shown loyalty (i.e been around and not gone away for long periods of times). In to the last category is usually also that you dont speak badly of the place/service itself but promoting it - in this case Steam.

As we can read above Steam maybe have lesser demands though on the people they pick up. You are not being ignored by the users for being a kind and helpful person. :)
< >
目前顯示第 1-9 則留言,共 9
每頁顯示: 1530 50

張貼日期: 2013 年 3 月 9 日 下午 2:12
回覆: 9