Ten wątek został zamknięty
Salty Tears (Zbanowany) 3 marca 2013 o 22:24
Why steam is a steaming pile of garbage
I just find it funny I cruise over to the help section of the forum to help people who have legitimate problems that I might be able to help.

See a post asking for help but is locked... see another post that is asking for ILLEGAL help and sits there untouched...

Odd how these useless moderators can take the time to lock legit players asking for help WHILE not ever helping themself.. as they let Illegal threads just fester.

Search all posts of moderators... off topic trolling garbage posts...

Quality moderators there.
Ostatnio edytowany przez: Salty Tears; 3 marca 2013 o 22:25
< >
Wyświetlanie 1-13 z 13 komentarzy
Varcarus™ 3 marca 2013 o 23:05 
The Community of Today... Sigh...
Początkowo opublikowane przez Mathew9R™ (Yay Linux!):
The Community of Today... Sigh...

His concerns aren't valid?
Shouldn't he be complaining about the actual Steam forum moderation, rather than saying the actual Steam platform itself.

OP didn't even state what was wrong with the client itself, but rather the community/forum side of it instead.
Początkowo opublikowane przez Tsundere Kanojo:
Shouldn't he be complaining about the actual Steam forum moderation, rather than saying the actual Steam platform itself.

OP didn't even state what was wrong with the client itself, but rather the community/forum side of it instead.

yeah, I think what's wrong with steam itself is invalid to the OP. I think he is just upset about how assbackwards things can get around here. In terms of the moderation, support etc etc.

Can't lie, I'm pretty new to steam, and so far it's been a pretty terrible experience for me personally, with very little, infact 0 assistance from any official steam staff/devs etc. Leaves a pretty bad impression for some people. Though, I've always stayed away from these types of platforms in general. Figured I'd show some good faith and see what all of the hype is about.

Turns out, I can definitely live without steam.
Ostatnio edytowany przez: Iceman77's_SON_LEAVE_ME_ALONE; 4 marca 2013 o 1:23
Chika Ogiue 4 marca 2013 o 1:20 
Steam isn't just the client, it's the whole experience. Of which both support and the forums are somewhat lacking in terms of quality and consistency.
Mivo 4 marca 2013 o 1:48 
Początkowo opublikowane przez Chika Ogiue:
Steam isn't just the client, it's the whole experience. Of which both support and the forums are somewhat lacking in terms of quality and consistency.

The forum experience is the way it is because the moderators give (too many?) second chances. Borderline trolling threads like this one do little more than drag down the atmosphere, but it is a no win situation for the moderators: if they lock it, it will be mistaken for "evidence" of the claims being true; if they leave it, it continues to poison the mood.
What does that have to do with the mods locking a legit thread (as stated by the op) and leaving an "illegal" help thread going? That doesn't seem silly to you?
Ostatnio edytowany przez: Iceman77's_SON_LEAVE_ME_ALONE; 4 marca 2013 o 1:53
Tito Shivan 4 marca 2013 o 2:40 
Have you reported the 'illegal' thread?
One too many times I've seen people complaining about moderation that couldn't be bothered to click the 'report' button.
And that is a big part of keeping a forum well moderated.
Salty Tears (Zbanowany) 4 marca 2013 o 2:45 
Początkowo opublikowane przez Tito Shivan:
Have you reported the 'illegal' thread?
One too many times I've seen people complaining about moderation that couldn't be bothered to click the 'report' button.
And that is a big part of keeping a forum well moderated.
Multiple times
Tito Shivan 4 marca 2013 o 4:35 
I'm actually curious, mind you link to the threads you are mentioning? It's a bit hard to make a guess without knowing what are we dealing with.
Mivo 4 marca 2013 o 5:09 
Początkowo opublikowane przez ***1cem@n***:
What does that have to do with the mods locking a legit thread (as stated by the op) and leaving an "illegal" help thread going? That doesn't seem silly to you?

As Tito mentioned, we haven't been given a link to the thread. I don't see a reason why they would close a thread for no reason (more work). Could have been something simple, like re-opening a closed topic, posting another thread on an already covered topic (like the bazillion of /me threads when the update hit), a valid issue buried under flaming, etc.
Well, I guess I believed the OP, as I didn't have a reason to believe he was lying. Mainly because I've seen some pretty wonky moderation & tech support going on myself. So.. guess I drew a conclusion from that.

Also, sorry but I'm not buying the "straw man" arguement of... "Prove it".
Ostatnio edytowany przez: Iceman77's_SON_LEAVE_ME_ALONE; 4 marca 2013 o 5:58
Ûvatha 4 marca 2013 o 5:56 
You should modify your title, I thought you were talking about steam but you are talking about the moderation of the Discussion board.
< >
Wyświetlanie 1-13 z 13 komentarzy
Na stronę: 1530 50

Data napisania: 3 marca 2013 o 22:24