Dit topic is gesloten
Dixon Sider (Verbannen) 4 mei 2020 om 11:38
What is Happening to Steam?
I did a search of the top rated games on sale right now and this is what I got.

https://imgur.com/ATki78V

WTF is happening to this store?
< >
16-30 van 210 reacties weergegeven
Dixon Sider (Verbannen) 4 mei 2020 om 12:00 
Origineel geplaatst door Radene:
Origineel geplaatst door Dixon Sider:
The store is being filled with creepy and gross content, and it is overwhelming the normal games. Am I supposed to apply heavy amount of filters that inadvertently block out normal games, or am I supposed to feel disturbed every time I want to shop for video games? Or worst case scenario... should I consider these games normal?

You should do whatever the hell you think you should do. But you don't get to tell the store what it can or can't sell for your convenience.

That. Is. Not. Your. Decision.
Can you point me to where I said what Steam must do, or what they can/cant sell?
Laatst bewerkt door Dixon Sider; 4 mei 2020 om 12:00
The store is being filled with creepy and gross content, and it is overwhelming the normal games. Am I supposed to apply heavy amount of filters that inadvertently block out normal games, or am I supposed to feel disturbed every time I want to shop for video games? Or worst case scenario... should I consider these games normal?

Of course you yourself played multiple games of this genre ( Visual Novel mainly) to confirm that they are all "creepy".
Otherwise your post would just be crappy hyperbole of the " me not like, so nobody like" kind.

Yes. Those are the top rated games on Sale right now. What's your point?
That some how games you don't personally like are liked by thousands of people who are not you? WHy is that surprising for you?

I mean its not surprising that anime games would be on that list because you know there's currently a week long sale on them. And again the issue is you're narrowijng it by 'on sale'. THat list will look very different in another two weeks.
Dixon Sider (Verbannen) 4 mei 2020 om 12:05 
Origineel geplaatst door Ogami:

Of course you yourself played multiple games of this genre ( Visual Novel mainly) to confirm that they are all "creepy".
Otherwise your post would just be crappy hyperbole of the " me not like, so nobody like" kind.
I dont have to play one of these games to know they are gross. Just like you dont have to eat poop to know it tastes gross. There are better ways to determine an opinion than torture

Have you tried doing something like this?:
https://store.steampowered.com/search/?sort_by=Reviews_DESC&filter=topsellers

Filtering by what you like? (some categories selected as example):
https://store.steampowered.com/search/?sort_by=Reviews_DESC&tags=19%2C21%2C1695%2C1685&filter=topsellers

Origineel geplaatst door Radene:

You should do whatever the hell you think you should do. But you don't get to tell the store what it can or can't sell for your convenience.

That. Is. Not. Your. Decision.
Can you point me to where I said what Steam must do, or what they can/cant sell?

https://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/0/2271447149948889029/?ctp=2

Golden Week sale.

FYI: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Week_(Japan)

Bunch of Japanese games and games with anime art on sale.

I don't recognize most of what's in the pic you posted, but I do recognize Clannad, Planetarian, and Visual Arts/Key. That last one is the studio that made the first two, and is well-known for a number of well-regarded visual novels and anime series -- specifically, Clannad, Kanon, Air, Angel Beats, Charlotte, Planetarian, etc..

Incidentally, contrary to the usual reputation of visual novels being smut, those are actually nukige, meaning that they're known for emotional stories that bring audiences to tears.

And this trend of games goes on for over 100. RIP Steam. This is going to seep into actual video games and influence them over time.
We've had video games with anime art for decades now, and we've had visual novels for decades now too.

You act like these are new.

Origineel geplaatst door Satoru:
"Stuff I don't like is highly rated" is a gamer take that is so exhausting
I suddenly feel embarrassed to be considered a gamer for the first time in 30 years of my life. Thanks...
Your mistake was to attach a social dimension to your gaming in the first place. :P

Origineel geplaatst door Crazy Tiger:
Then why don't you explain the issue?
Let's just cut to the chase and stop beating around the bush. Your complaint is about anime smut becoming a presence on a major gaming storefront, right?

Because if you're arguing this from a moralistic perspective, it's not like that's really significantly worse than a bunch of gratuitously gritty shooters on a major gaming storefront.

Meanwhile, what about those people who don't like the latter?
Laatst bewerkt door Quint the Alligator Snapper; 4 mei 2020 om 12:08
Origineel geplaatst door Start_Running:
I mean its not surprising that anime games would be on that list because you know there's currently a week long sale on them. And again the issue is you're narrowijng it by 'on sale'. THat list will look very different in another two weeks.

Even if the list would always look like that, its still nothing wrong with that.
People buy games they like. Its as simple as that.
Everyone who has a problem with that should ask themselves WHY.
It does not interfere with YOUR enjoyment of games you like.
The games YOU like are still there and getting made.
You can still buy the games YOU like without a problem.

So WTF IS your problem`?
Laatst bewerkt door Ogami; 4 mei 2020 om 12:08
Dixon Sider (Verbannen) 4 mei 2020 om 12:07 
Origineel geplaatst door Dr.Coomer:

https://store.steampowered.com/search/?sort_by=Reviews_DESC&tags=19%2C21%2C1695%2C1685&filter=topsellers
I have tried all types of filtering mechanics available through steam. They always seem to filter out normal games as well.
Origineel geplaatst door Crazy Tiger:
Then why don't you explain the issue?
I can't tell you what you are supposed to do. I can give you the advice, though, to simply ignore the games you don't like. And, more importantly, change your searching/browsing pattern in the store.

Having a quick browse through your gamelist shows we have quite some games in common (even more if I count my wishlist, which for example has Pathfinder Kingmaker on it). I don't encounter the games you mention in your OP, as I don't look through such lists. If you go looking through the grab bag, you're sure to encounter lots that you won't like.

Entertainments, as always, is highly subjective. Focus on what interests you and adapt your store experience to that.
The games also seem to be tied to the Golden Week, so there's that as well.
Laatst bewerkt door Crazy Tiger; 4 mei 2020 om 12:08
Origineel geplaatst door Dr.Coomer:

I have tried all types of filtering mechanics available through steam. They always seem to filter out normal games as well.
https://store.steampowered.com/account/preferences

filter out the following tag:

Visual Novel

There is a separate setting for the Discovery Queue, so filter out this tag there too, if you use the Queue.
I dont have to play one of these games to know they are gross. Just like you dont have to eat poop to know it tastes gross. There are better ways to determine an opinion than torture

So you have no clue what you are talking about and just pull stuff out of thin air.
Gotcha.
Laatst bewerkt door Ogami; 4 mei 2020 om 12:10
Dixon Sider (Verbannen) 4 mei 2020 om 12:10 
Origineel geplaatst door Quint the Alligator Snapper:
We've had video games with anime art for decades now, and we've had visual novels for decades now too.

These games are not new, but the marketplace being dominated by them is relatively new. The last 1-2 years.

I find it hard to believe that the one day in the last year I decide to take a chance browsing the steam store there happens to be a special anime visual novel sale. We will see in 2 weeks, but I am feeling skeptical.
Origineel geplaatst door Quint the Alligator Snapper:

These games are not new, but the marketplace being dominated by them is relatively new. The last 1-2 years.

I find it hard to believe that the one day in the last year I decide to take a chance browsing the steam store there happens to be a special anime visual novel sale. We will see in 2 weeks, but I am feeling skeptical.
Anime, and Manga as well, is becoming more and more popular around the world. It's not weird that in the past years the presence of such games has been greatly enlarged in the store.
Origineel geplaatst door Ogami:
Origineel geplaatst door Start_Running:

Even if the list would always look like that, its still nothing wrong with that.
People buy games they like. Its as simple as that.
Everyone who has a problem with that should ask themselves WHY.
It does not interfere with YOUR enjoyment of games you like.
The games YOU like are still there and getting made.
You can still buy the games YOU like without a problem.

So WTF IS your problem`?
Me thinks its the propblem gaming has faced since gaming becam,e mainstream. It became an identity and ergo it must validate your choices as superior/right.
< >
16-30 van 210 reacties weergegeven
Per pagina: 1530 50

Geplaatst op: 4 mei 2020 om 11:38
Aantal berichten: 210