Problem with steamwebhelper.exe
So I uninstalled or disabled (don't quite know anymore) steam webhelper.exe not knowing at the time that it's used for the browser and so steam "starts" but won't load anything up. I tried reinstalling the exe downloaded from this website: https://www.pconlife.com/viewfileinfo/steamwebhelper-exe/ and putting it in the "cef" file but there's still the old webhelper file. Though it's kind of dead now telling me the path for the file doesn't exist upon trying to run it as administrator and I also can't replace the file with the new .exe .
En son Snuke tarafından düzenlendi; 26 Eki 2019 @ 12:40
< >
3 yorumdan 1 ile 3 arası gösteriliyor
reinstall steam. it's your own fault for randomly deleting files related to the steam client.
İlk olarak The Living Tribunal tarafından gönderildi:
reinstall steam. it's your own fault for randomly deleting files related to the steam client.
Unfortunately I didn't find any thread that pointed the browser problem out beforehand when researching for this before I disabled the .exe
Also, I regarded reinstalling steam as the last step and I proposed this question to actually get a better advice for a "fine" way without doing all the work with steam reinstallation but ok...
Just delete everything besides steam.exe, /steamapps/, and /userdata/ from the main Steam folder. Then run steam.exe and let it download/install everything.

It will count as a new install/device for trading and steam guard purposes.
< >
3 yorumdan 1 ile 3 arası gösteriliyor
Sayfa başına: 1530 50

Gönderilme Tarihi: 26 Eki 2019 @ 12:40
İleti: 3