Snuke Oct 26, 2019 @ 12:40pm
Problem with steamwebhelper.exe
So I uninstalled or disabled (don't quite know anymore) steam webhelper.exe not knowing at the time that it's used for the browser and so steam "starts" but won't load anything up. I tried reinstalling the exe downloaded from this website: https://www.pconlife.com/viewfileinfo/steamwebhelper-exe/ and putting it in the "cef" file but there's still the old webhelper file. Though it's kind of dead now telling me the path for the file doesn't exist upon trying to run it as administrator and I also can't replace the file with the new .exe .
Last edited by Snuke; Oct 26, 2019 @ 12:40pm
< >
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
The Living Tribunal Oct 26, 2019 @ 12:41pm 
reinstall steam. it's your own fault for randomly deleting files related to the steam client.
Snuke Oct 26, 2019 @ 1:11pm 
Originally posted by The Living Tribunal:
reinstall steam. it's your own fault for randomly deleting files related to the steam client.
Unfortunately I didn't find any thread that pointed the browser problem out beforehand when researching for this before I disabled the .exe
Also, I regarded reinstalling steam as the last step and I proposed this question to actually get a better advice for a "fine" way without doing all the work with steam reinstallation but ok...
Snapjak Oct 26, 2019 @ 1:37pm 
Just delete everything besides steam.exe, /steamapps/, and /userdata/ from the main Steam folder. Then run steam.exe and let it download/install everything.

It will count as a new install/device for trading and steam guard purposes.
< >
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
Per page: 15 30 50

Date Posted: Oct 26, 2019 @ 12:40pm
Posts: 3