This topic has been locked
KoalaMan Aug 13, 2019 @ 9:05am
Adding an Epic Games Store Game to Steam Library.
So Moonlighter was free recenty on the Epic Games Store and I'd like to add it to my Steam Library. However, When I try to add the shortcut, it says "catastrophic failure". Any Ideas?

UPDATE: For anyone who might want to do this, my friend told me how. You need to locate the Application and create a batch file. Then you need to add a non steam game (any at all), go into properties and copy the location of the batch into the Target and the location of the game file into the other catagory.
Last edited by KoalaMan; Aug 13, 2019 @ 11:57am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 19 comments
brian9824 Aug 13, 2019 @ 9:06am 
I'd post on the epic forum's and ask if anyone has set it up before.
KoalaMan Aug 13, 2019 @ 9:11am 
Originally posted by brian9824:
I'd post on the epic forum's and ask if anyone has set it up before.
i was thinking of doing that but i thought it might be a bit of an insult haha
A Global Moderator has indicated that this post answers the original topic.
cSg|mc-Hotsauce Aug 13, 2019 @ 9:15am 
Add the Epic launcher as the non-Steam game.

:qr:
KoalaMan Aug 13, 2019 @ 9:16am 
Originally posted by cSg|mc-Hotsauce:

i know i can do that but thats not what i want to do, ill do that if there is no way to add specific games
cSg|mc-Hotsauce Aug 13, 2019 @ 9:17am 
Originally posted by KoalaMan:

i know i can do that but thats not what i want to do, ill do that if there is no way to add specific games

No. Hence, my post.

McGillicutti Aug 13, 2019 @ 11:42am 
The game is keyed to Epic and is using whatever DRM (Digital Rights Management if you didn't know) they have, and will not run without Epic's Launcher.

It is much like a game you buy at Best Buy or Walmart that has you install Steam (meaning EA's Launcher, or UPlay, etc.). The Launcher is used to assure the game runs via the DRM that Best Buy and Walmart don't have, however, in the case of Steam the sale from another retailer isn't a part of Steam or Steam's business so, unlike Epic, Steam isn't asking you to pay them to make the game run on their launcher, with exception of when you buy a game from Steam through the Steam store that, naturally, will require Steam to run, still for the DRM but Steam gets some money out of it when you buy from Steam too.

Luckily your game was Free, but the rules just described apply to those who bought it too just to understand the gimmick of "free" games.
Last edited by McGillicutti; Aug 13, 2019 @ 11:43am
brian9824 Aug 13, 2019 @ 12:16pm 
Originally posted by ⎠Zushikatetomoto⎝☢ ☠ ☢:
Well there is a lawsuit against Epic if you look it up peeps.

That has absolutely nothing at all to do with anything involved in this or even the epic store for that matter.
McGillicutti Aug 13, 2019 @ 12:21pm 
DRM is a security feature too so I am not sure that's entirely true.
KoalaMan Aug 13, 2019 @ 12:37pm 

That has absolutely nothing at all to do with anything involved in this or even the epic store for that matter.
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/hacked-fortnite-accounts-lead-to-class-action-laws/1100-6469051/
You don't know what you are talking about if you say that.
ok so what has this become, can somebody explain to me what anyone is talking about?
brian9824 Aug 13, 2019 @ 12:38pm 

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/hacked-fortnite-accounts-lead-to-class-action-laws/1100-6469051/

Did you even read that article or did you just go oooo Epic being sued and try to make it fit every possible thread you can that involves epic? The lawsuit is over an exploit in FORTNITE that allowed some accounts in that game to have their details exposed if people clicked on a link that was then sent to them by someone trying to steal their info.

It has nothing to do with any 3rd party games on Epic, nor does it have anything to do with the Epic Store as the vulnerability was in Fortnite.

So do explain how a bug in Fortnite that presented a way for Fortnite accounts to be exposed ties into not being able to link Moonlighter purchased on the epic store (which did not have a security breach (yet)) to steam.
brian9824 Aug 13, 2019 @ 12:40pm 
ok so what has this become, can somebody explain to me what anyone is talking about?

Fortnite has an exploit that could allow people to get your Fortnite login info if you then clicked a phishing link. It had nothing to do with the store or any 3rd party developers, was fixed pretty quickly, and they are being sued over a failure to notify people in a timely manner the breach occured.

They will pay a fine, 95% of the money will go to lawyers, and those effected will probably get $5 vouchers for fortnite or something trivial.
KoalaMan Aug 13, 2019 @ 12:45pm 

Fortnite has an exploit that could allow people to get your Fortnite login info if you then clicked a phishing link. It had nothing to do with the store or any 3rd party developers, was fixed pretty quickly, and they are being sued over a failure to notify people in a timely manner the breach occured.

They will pay a fine, 95% of the money will go to lawyers, and those effected will probably get $5 vouchers for fortnite or something trivial.
but... i just wanted to add moonlighter as a non-steam game... lol (i've done it now)
Last edited by KoalaMan; Aug 13, 2019 @ 12:45pm
brian9824 Aug 13, 2019 @ 12:47pm 

but... i just wanted to add moonlighter as a non-steam game... lol (i've done it now)

It had nothing to do with adding moonlighter or anything else you posted, just spamming thread because he hates epic and can't keep it to the thread that already exists for it.
cSg|mc-Hotsauce Aug 13, 2019 @ 1:03pm 
It doesn't have anything to do with Steam.

McGillicutti Aug 13, 2019 @ 1:04pm 
It doesn't have anything to do with Steam.

You're absolutely right about that :)
< >
Showing 1-15 of 19 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: Aug 13, 2019 @ 9:05am