Epicdefender Oct 7, 2019 @ 12:25pm
Valve Index VR Kit Not Purchasable with Steam Wallet
For as long as I can remember you could purchase the Index with steam wallet funds, however as of recently it looks like you can't anymore. On top of this they added a tax (I live in Texas and did my research so I get that) that might have something to do with it? Wanted to see if anyone else had the same issue.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 69 comments
I have exactly the same issue, I'm from France.
Sold all my skins to afford it ??
999999999 Oct 7, 2019 @ 4:21pm 
Your state now collects taxes on all store purchases.

I don't know why you can't pay with your wallet. Do you have enough to cover the entire cost?
Epicdefender Oct 7, 2019 @ 4:40pm 
Yeah I get the new tax changes, just saw that the two changes happened on the same day and thought it could be related somehow and important to note. And on the topic of having the funds yes, I checked and even with taxes I have the funds to purchase it.
999999999 Oct 7, 2019 @ 4:44pm 
Including shipping?

I did pay for mine with wallet funds but that was back in mid June.
Epicdefender Oct 7, 2019 @ 6:03pm 
Shipping is free on all valve products. The error says the payment choice (Steam Wallet) is not available for that purchase. Really odd.
Sonicfans1 Oct 7, 2019 @ 7:06pm 
Originally posted by Epicdefender:
For as long as I can remember you could purchase the Index with steam wallet funds, however as of recently it looks like you can't anymore. On top of this they added a tax (I live in Texas and did my research so I get that) that might have something to do with it? Wanted to see if anyone else had the same issue.

Dude I am having this exact same issue myself. I cant use credit cards, so steam wallet was my only option. If this is the case, it actually violates steams OWN steam subscriber agreement. It states that

"You may use Steam Wallet funds to purchase Subscriptions, including by making in-game purchases where Steam Wallet transactions are enabled, and Hardware"

The only thing i can suggest is contact steam support, and when you make it, post this quote in it (Its in Section 3 Sub C Paragraph 3)

Btw, i live in New jersey, so its not just Texas
Last edited by Sonicfans1; Oct 7, 2019 @ 7:07pm
Epicdefender Oct 7, 2019 @ 9:16pm 
Yes I looked through it and saw the exact same thing earlier today! Thank you for your response, I sent support a ticket earlier today so I will update here when they respond.
Sonicfans1 Oct 7, 2019 @ 9:30pm 
might as well do the same
cyfina Oct 8, 2019 @ 2:43am 
Yeah, same issue, hopefully they fix this, I'll update my ticket including that info, thankyou!
Sonicfans1 Oct 8, 2019 @ 6:20am 
Got my response, they said that I can’t buy an index with steam wallet, which goes against their own subscriber agreement
Sonicfans1 Oct 8, 2019 @ 6:21am 
I have made a thread on reddit, it was pinned, so finding it should be easy
Toast Oct 8, 2019 @ 6:44am 
speculation: It might be disabled due to some sort of fraud or abuse. Valve has had to remove or restrict certain features in the past for similar reasons.
999999999 Oct 8, 2019 @ 8:40am 
I suggest contacting support and asking as they would know why.
Pheace Oct 8, 2019 @ 11:02am 
Originally posted by Sonicfans1:
Got my response, they said that I can’t buy an index with steam wallet, which goes against their own subscriber agreement
Uhhh, why would that be against their subscriber agreement? Steam wallet still does everything it says in the part you quoted. It doesn't say every single thing in the store has to be purchasable for it.
Epicdefender Oct 8, 2019 @ 11:08am 
Valve index is considered "hardware" which means wallet funds should be usable for its purchase.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 69 comments
Per page: 15 30 50

Date Posted: Oct 7, 2019 @ 12:25pm