Godhood

Godhood

View Stats:
Godhood > General Discussions > Topic Details
How much will it cost?
.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 18 comments
Sumo Dog Jun 27 @ 10:46pm 
yeah i want to know too
Seneque Jun 28 @ 10:24am 
According to their Kickstarter (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/abbeygames/godhood/description):

  • Early Access release planned for MayJuly 2019 on PC (Windows / Mac / Linux), priced at €25.
  • Full release later in 2019, priced at €30, with post-release content and DLC support planned for years.

Note that this was announced in January. Things may have changed since.
Originally posted by Seneque:
According to their Kickstarter (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/abbeygames/godhood/description):

  • Early Access release planned for MayJuly 2019 on PC (Windows / Mac / Linux), priced at €25.
  • Full release later in 2019, priced at €30, with post-release content and DLC support planned for years.

Note that this was announced in January. Things may have changed since.


Originally posted by Seneque:
According to their Kickstarter (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/abbeygames/godhood/description):

  • Early Access release planned for MayJuly 2019 on PC (Windows / Mac / Linux), priced at €25.
  • Full release later in 2019, priced at €30, with post-release content and DLC support planned for years.

Note that this was announced in January. Things may have changed since.
What a shame. They created this game with donated money and want 25€ for it....
yea Honestly that's steep. watched the stream, looked kinda cool but frankly looked like it needs lots of work. also I don't get the point of pretending like it's anything other than a turn based RNG fighter. "you can like be a warrior tribe or a tribe all about peace and love and stuff huehue"
next thing I see
warrior dude uses "bash attack" of sorts
peace and love hippy uses "hug attack"

k.
lozacenz Jun 30 @ 4:16am 
Originally posted by AWP_NOOB_XD_360°NOSCOPE:
Originally posted by Seneque:
According to their Kickstarter (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/abbeygames/godhood/description):

  • Early Access release planned for MayJuly 2019 on PC (Windows / Mac / Linux), priced at €25.
  • Full release later in 2019, priced at €30, with post-release content and DLC support planned for years.

Note that this was announced in January. Things may have changed since.


Originally posted by Seneque:
According to their Kickstarter (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/abbeygames/godhood/description):

  • Early Access release planned for MayJuly 2019 on PC (Windows / Mac / Linux), priced at €25.
  • Full release later in 2019, priced at €30, with post-release content and DLC support planned for years.

Note that this was announced in January. Things may have changed since.
What a shame. They created this game with donated money and want 25€ for it....
It's almost like they actually want to stay in business or something...
Sumo Dog Jun 30 @ 10:40pm 
Originally posted by Chef Zakarian:
yea Honestly that's steep. watched the stream, looked kinda cool but frankly looked like it needs lots of work. also I don't get the point of pretending like it's anything other than a turn based RNG fighter. "you can like be a warrior tribe or a tribe all about peace and love and stuff huehue"
next thing I see
warrior dude uses "bash attack" of sorts
peace and love hippy uses "hug attack"

k.
maybe the hippy crushes your ribcage with the hug..
Rutger  [developer] Jul 1 @ 8:55am 
Price for Early Access will indeed be €25 :)

Originally posted by AWP_NOOB_XD_360°NOSCOPE:
What a shame. They created this game with donated money and want 25€ for it....

Naturally, the Kickstarter backers get the game for free. Non-backers will of course have to buy the game, we would indeed like to stay in business ;)
Originally posted by Rutger:
Price for Early Access will indeed be €25 :)

Originally posted by AWP_NOOB_XD_360°NOSCOPE:
What a shame. They created this game with donated money and want 25€ for it....

Naturally, the Kickstarter backers get the game for free. Non-backers will of course have to buy the game, we would indeed like to stay in business ;)
i'm fine with it so long as you dont paradox us, aka develope more content then originally planned and keep it hushed before deciding to release it as a seperate 20 dollar dlc
Rutger  [developer] Jul 2 @ 10:17am 
I wish we even had time to develop extra content ^^ But no, the only "extra" work we've done so far is preproduction for free Early Access updates.
Originally posted by Sumo Dog:
i'm fine with it so long as you dont paradox us, aka develope more content then originally planned and keep it hushed before deciding to release it as a seperate 20 dollar dlc
Yeah let's propagate fallacies like that without any evidence...
I get it, not everybody likes Paradox' DLC policy, and it's fine. But creating lies to justify your hate is not the right thing to do.

Paradox' DLC policy enables them to support their games for years. Their have a rather clear policy and they explained how they worked numerous times. And no, they don't cut off content from their games to sell it as DLCs. It's just that when developping a game, you won't be able to put all the ideas you had in the original release. Sometimes you even had the time to partly add those ideas in the game but didn't have the time to finish and/or polish that content.

Add to this that each new Paradox DLC is accompanied by an update (and sometimes it's a really big one) that adds new content to the game. And sometimes the content of former DLCs is even added to the game for free...

So just admit that you're not willing to support constant game support by paying for DLCs. It's perfectly fine to dislike that way of supporting game, but it's not a moral highground or whatever, and Paradox isn't wrong to work like that.
how much is 25 euros in us dollars?
Originally posted by Sumo Dog:
how much is 25 euros in us dollars?
28.04
Originally posted by Rutger:
I wish we even had time to develop extra content ^^ But no, the only "extra" work we've done so far is preproduction for free Early Access updates.

Ohhh dutch developer. Gogo, good luck with the release in early access! Seems promising.
Rutger  [developer] Jul 10 @ 7:22am 
Thanks Nuro! :D
Bomoo Jul 10 @ 8:27am 
That's *really* expensive considering it's being sold for $7 in some regions.

https://steamdb.info/app/917150/

I'm sorry, but as much as I'd like to support you, I'm not going to allow you to charge me more so you can give day one -70% discount to software thieves.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 18 comments
Per page: 15 30 50

Godhood > General Discussions > Topic Details