Dicey Dungeons

Dicey Dungeons

View Stats:
Any plans for a GOG release?
Already bought here on Steam, but would love to add it to my GOG library as well
< >
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
Pace Aug 14 @ 10:29am 
Last year, Terry (the dev) wrote "I like GOG, and will definitely try to sell my game there when it's done" I don't know about the timeframe on that though!
Jackeea Aug 14 @ 12:11pm 
GOG rejected this game waaaay back at version 0.7 (which was over a year ago); so a GOG release is unlikely, but possible!
Mawthra Aug 14 @ 12:53pm 
Originally posted by Jackeea:
GOG rejected this game waaaay back at version 0.7 (which was over a year ago); so a GOG release is unlikely, but possible!
Eh... they've rejected earlier builds of games before... I'll be holding my breath ;)
SeeDborg Aug 16 @ 7:08am 
I really hope they can release on GOG soon !
I'm dying to play this game but I'm buying my games only on GOG now...
Originally posted by SeeDborg:
I really hope they can release on GOG soon !
I'm dying to play this game but I'm buying my games only on GOG now...

Try itch.io! The game is available there drm-free and more of the money goes to the developers.
SeeDborg Aug 16 @ 7:25am 
I know itch.io too but I tend to prefer GOG :)
Azorian Aug 17 @ 7:53am 
Originally posted by fungusdude4:
Originally posted by SeeDborg:
I really hope they can release on GOG soon !
I'm dying to play this game but I'm buying my games only on GOG now...

Try itch.io! The game is available there drm-free and more of the money goes to the developers.
Oh yes, Baby!!!
Two reasons to buy the game there!

Thanks a lot, Fungus!

On a sidenote:
I hate, what GoG has become...
Rejecting so many quality games, just for being indie...
Last edited by Azorian; Aug 17 @ 8:10am
Mawthra Aug 17 @ 8:56am 
Originally posted by Rainbow Lotus:
Originally posted by fungusdude4:

Try itch.io! The game is available there drm-free and more of the money goes to the developers.
Oh yes, Baby!!!
Two reasons to buy the game there!

Thanks a lot, Fungus!

On a sidenote:
I hate, what GoG has become...
Rejecting so many quality games, just for being indie...
Valid opinion, but it's hard to argue they're not the most consumer friendly store front out there, still (curation feelings aside)
Last edited by Mawthra; Aug 17 @ 8:57am
o.s.test0 Aug 17 @ 11:21am 
really hoping for a Gog
release,
meanwhile there's a wishlist on they're forums,
to get gog-staff aware,
go upvote that
and in the meantime
playing here will do for a temporary fix :cleancake:
terry  [developer] Nov 16 @ 2:59pm 
Apparently this is getting linked on reddit, so I should probably provide a bit more context!

GOG did reject a very early alpha of the game (when it looked like this: http://diceydungeons.com/blog/2018/05/18/version-7.html), which I thought was a bit weird at the time, but there's no hard feelings there. They've actually reached out to me since that to ask about selling the game, so they are interested now, and I plan to add the game to their store at some point in the future.

Shortly after that alpha, I started listing the game on itch.io, which I can wholeheartedly recommend if you don't want to buy the game here on steam, for any reason: https://terrycavanagh.itch.io/dicey-dungeons

The reason I haven't gone ahead and uploaded the game to GOG is that:

(a) it's time consuming and complicated to list the game in different stores. Updating the game, which I've done a lot of, already requires making 10 builds, and takes hours (Windows, Mac, Linux, Win32 and Linux32 for Steam, and the same five again for Itch). Adding another platform would complicate that even further, which doesn't really seem worth it.

(b) there's already an alternative PC store selling the game that I want to support (itch)

When more time has passed and updates slow down, I'll take a look at the whole thing again, but right now I'd rather conserve my energy for other things!

Mawthra Nov 16 @ 4:13pm 
Originally posted by terry:
Apparently this is getting linked on reddit, so I should probably provide a bit more context!

GOG did reject a very early alpha of the game (when it looked like this: http://diceydungeons.com/blog/2018/05/18/version-7.html), which I thought was a bit weird at the time, but there's no hard feelings there. They've actually reached out to me since that to ask about selling the game, so they are interested now, and I plan to add the game to their store at some point in the future.

Shortly after that alpha, I started listing the game on itch.io, which I can wholeheartedly recommend if you don't want to buy the game here on steam, for any reason: https://terrycavanagh.itch.io/dicey-dungeons

The reason I haven't gone ahead and uploaded the game to GOG is that:

(a) it's time consuming and complicated to list the game in different stores. Updating the game, which I've done a lot of, already requires making 10 builds, and takes hours (Windows, Mac, Linux, Win32 and Linux32 for Steam, and the same five again for Itch). Adding another platform would complicate that even further, which doesn't really seem worth it.

(b) there's already an alternative PC store selling the game that I want to support (itch)

When more time has passed and updates slow down, I'll take a look at the whole thing again, but right now I'd rather conserve my energy for other things!
Appreciate the candidness... very awesome of you to be so upfront. I started this thread and never wanted it to become an issue, was supposed to be a simple question ;)

I would still definitely buy it again on GOG, though... I just prefer there over itch because I have a gigantic collection there already and it makes it easier for me to have my DRM-free collection all in one place.
< >
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
Per page: 15 30 50