The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

View Stats:
4k Display-3840x2160 Having Issues..............SOLVED!!!!!!
Good Evening Guys,

Just started playing at 4k Res and having a few issues with the display.
I on screen with the HUD and everything in the middle/bottom right there seems to be a Level up writing that wont disappear.
It makes it look so crappy and i dont know how to get rid of it.
Anyone had same experience or fixes???
Much appreciated

(ok guys I found i fix and the link is in my post at the bottom of the page)
Last edited by Sekiro Shinobi shadows; Aug 7, 2014 @ 3:18pm
< >
Showing 1-15 of 19 comments
StarDust Aug 7, 2014 @ 4:26am 
do you have a 4k monitor? if u dont thats why it might not be working or just ask steam support or bethesda by email.
Originally posted by TacoMoeFoe:
do you have a 4k monitor? if u dont thats why it might not be working or just ask steam support or bethesda by email.

yeah i have 4k monitor
MageThis Aug 7, 2014 @ 4:37am 
You could try matching your desktop resolution to your game resolution.
shahidhaque Aug 7, 2014 @ 10:50am 
I also have the "Level Up" on the display when playing on a 4k monitor. I've seen several others mention it too. Apparently there is a mod that can take it away. Its part of the HUD apparently, and if you edit the HUD it can go away. I've just left it alone.

My biggest problem on 4k is that there seems to be a little bit of "tearing" when moving around.
Sgt.Summer Aug 7, 2014 @ 11:09am 
Just passing through but... how much the 4k resolution stressing up your GPU?
Like compared to normal 1920x1080 resolution?
20%? 50%? 100%? :p
MageThis Aug 7, 2014 @ 11:27am 
True 4K resolution exceeds a normal person's vison so is overkill. It is like 30 year olds, or older like myself, paying for a sound system that reproduces frequencies that they cannot possibly hear. We don't have owl vision or dog's ears but we have very, very, good marketers.
The audio industry has pundits that claim golden ears... now the visual industry will claim that pundits with silver eyes see an awesome picture.
Last edited by MageThis; Aug 7, 2014 @ 11:30am
Hellbishop Aug 7, 2014 @ 1:09pm 
Originally posted by MageThis:
True 4K resolution exceeds a normal person's vison so is overkill. It is like 30 year olds, or older like myself, paying for a sound system that reproduces frequencies that they cannot possibly hear. We don't have owl vision or dog's ears but we have very, very, good marketers.
The audio industry has pundits that claim golden ears... now the visual industry will claim that pundits with silver eyes see an awesome picture.

Totally agree. Once the resolution hits 1366x768 i start having problems reading the text. Am more then happy on 1280x1024 and so are my grateful eyes along with the benefit of fast frame rates.

Same with audio. Brought a three hundred dollar reciever a few years back. Its nice but then I brought a $99.00 Radioshack 40 watt amp and my headphones sounded incredible. Same with the $100.00 Schiit Magni headphone amp which made me put away my speakers and reciever for a total headphone setup. Am pretty sure the neighbors must be wondering about the sudden silence these past few weeks :D

More definitely does not equate to more satisfaction.
Last edited by Hellbishop; Aug 7, 2014 @ 1:12pm
Sgt.Summer Aug 7, 2014 @ 1:50pm 
You guys have it all wrong, high res is designed to be used on large monitors that are
placed farther infront of you then the normal monitor.
So lets say a normal monitor is 0.5 meters in front of you, the 4k 28 inch monitors
are more like TVs that you place 1.5 meters away from you.
That allowes you to actually be able to sit on a comfy TV soffa, with a wirless keyboard
and mouse, playing your favorite games.
Now in case you wonder about how will it effect reading, try connecting your TV to
the computer, and you will see that normal HD makes the fonts look wierd and unfocused,
while high res monitor will keep the font sharp, combined with increesed DPI that
you can set to windows (configuration), it looks great!
also while browesing the internet, you just click Ctrl+ couple of times, and it all looks perfect.
Check the steam "Big Picture" mode which is also works great with TVs or high res monitors.
Hellbishop Aug 7, 2014 @ 2:13pm 
Originally posted by Miner:
also while browesing the internet, you just click Ctrl+ couple of times, and it all looks perfect.
Check the steam "Big Picture" mode which is also works great with TVs or high res monitors.


Thanks Miner for that bit of info. My eyes are happy!
Originally posted by MageThis:
True 4K resolution exceeds a normal person's vison so is overkill. It is like 30 year olds, or older like myself, paying for a sound system that reproduces frequencies that they cannot possibly hear. We don't have owl vision or dog's ears but we have very, very, good marketers.
The audio industry has pundits that claim golden ears... now the visual industry will claim that pundits with silver eyes see an awesome picture.

Thats complete Garbage.
Come round my house and see watchdogs playing 1080P and then at 4k and tell me there is no difference!!!!!
Originally posted by shahidhaque:
I also have the "Level Up" on the display when playing on a 4k monitor. I've seen several others mention it too. Apparently there is a mod that can take it away. Its part of the HUD apparently, and if you edit the HUD it can go away. I've just left it alone.

My biggest problem on 4k is that there seems to be a little bit of "tearing" when moving around.

Why would you want to leave it alone??? its irritating!!!
Originally posted by Miner:
Just passing through but... how much the 4k resolution stressing up your GPU?
Like compared to normal 1920x1080 resolution?
20%? 50%? 100%? :p

Depends what GPU you have i suppose..........
MageThis Aug 7, 2014 @ 3:12pm 
Originally posted by CockatooNoire:
Originally posted by MageThis:
True 4K resolution exceeds a normal person's vison so is overkill. It is like 30 year olds, or older like myself, paying for a sound system that reproduces frequencies that they cannot possibly hear. We don't have owl vision or dog's ears but we have very, very, good marketers.
The audio industry has pundits that claim golden ears... now the visual industry will claim that pundits with silver eyes see an awesome picture.

Thats complete Garbage.
Come round my house and see watchdogs playing 1080P and then at 4k and tell me there is no difference!!!!!

Oh there is a difference but it stops well short of 4K... that is well documented. 1080P is well within the realms of normal vision but to leap to 4K as the next step is to use your term "garbage". There are steps between 1080P and 4K, many steps. BTW, my wife is an opthamologist..so speak to her butt about garbage.
You bought the kool-aid, exactly what the marketers wanted..
Last edited by MageThis; Aug 7, 2014 @ 3:21pm
http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/1735689-skyrim-4k/

Found the answer guys!!!!
Works a treat,but didnt work for me just putting spaces i had to delete Level Up and replace it with a single .(dot)
MageThis Aug 7, 2014 @ 3:16pm 
Fantastic. Could you do everyone a favour and edit your original post to include [Solved] so others may find your solution quickly?
< >
Showing 1-15 of 19 comments
Per page: 15 30 50

Date Posted: Aug 7, 2014 @ 3:32am
Posts: 19