Mercury Fallen

Mercury Fallen

Roadblocked
Really getting upset now. Twice I have created amazing colonies just to be stopped in my tracks. I am using normal map settings and no mods but even though I have thousands of POIs discovered on my map and the entire map uncovered there are no BIO POIS. thats twice in a row I have found ZERO biological POIs. My people are still eating potatoes and 1 species of fish I found in a trap but thats it. I can find no Algae seeds, no grain...nada. Its extraordinarily frustrating to spend this much time building up the colony just to delete it and start over in hopes I FINALLY get some BIO POIs on the surface I can use.
< >
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
Nitrous Butterfly  [developer] Aug 11 @ 6:19am 
Originally posted by IanSane:
Really getting upset now. Twice I have created amazing colonies just to be stopped in my tracks. I am using normal map settings and no mods but even though I have thousands of POIs discovered on my map and the entire map uncovered there are no BIO POIS. thats twice in a row I have found ZERO biological POIs. My people are still eating potatoes and 1 species of fish I found in a trap but thats it. I can find no Algae seeds, no grain...nada. Its extraordinarily frustrating to spend this much time building up the colony just to delete it and start over in hopes I FINALLY get some BIO POIs on the surface I can use.
Howdy! Sorry to hear you're having trouble finding some discoveries. Flora and fauna discoveries have a different icon from other POI's. Fauna POI icons appear blue with a small fish icon and flora poi icons are green with a leaf. Neither of these have appeared on your surface map? Are you using the DOGE to auto explore and uncover the map?
IanSane Aug 11 @ 8:41am 
Yep, I have many thousands of POIs on the surface and not one single fish or bio icon (ive seen them before on my first playthrough) I have explored every single cell on the world map using 5 wasps and a DOGE. This happened twice in a row on 2 playthroughs.
i also same issues in the game
I have to say I got caught out several times as well. As far as I can tell you MUST hit the "generate" button once you've selected your game... his took at least 4 restarts for me to twig...
Unless of course someone can correct me.
Nitrous Butterfly  [developer] Aug 12 @ 7:09am 
Originally posted by draughtman:
I have to say I got caught out several times as well. As far as I can tell you MUST hit the "generate" button once you've selected your game... his took at least 4 restarts for me to twig...
Unless of course someone can correct me.
The generate button on the new game interface should only be needed if typing in a custom seed value. Clicking random will auto refresh/generate the map based on the seed.
Obviously I haven't read enough, but thanks.. custom seed value?
Nitrous Butterfly  [developer] Aug 12 @ 11:29am 
Originally posted by draughtman:
Obviously I haven't read enough, but thanks.. custom seed value?
When starting a new game there is the Map Seed field. You can either press the random button to provide a random seed value or you can type in a value and press generate. The Map Seed value determines how the game world is procedurally generated.
< >
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
Per page: 15 30 50