Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition

Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition

View Stats:
Sep 16 @ 8:50am
5
Development Build 85.8193.31
< >
Showing 1-15 of 47 comments
TemplarDrake Sep 16 @ 10:37am 
Insane amount of work going into this so many years later. Hats of to BD and all involved.
exaflex Sep 16 @ 11:30am 
Most excellent! Thanks folks!
jcdenton666 Sep 16 @ 12:01pm 
4
achievements for the dlc WHEN?

btw, 99% of these patch notes... I don't have the slightest clue what you are talking about there. who are you making these patches for?!?! certainly not for the average player. I'd say get your priorities straight, but then again, with your track history beamfail... nevermind
Last edited by jcdenton666; Sep 16 @ 12:01pm
Michael Sep 16 @ 12:07pm 
Originally posted by jcdenton666:
btw, 99% of these patch notes... I don't have the slightest clue what you are talking about there. who are you making these patches for?!?! certainly not for the average player.
Anything dealing with script and API changes are primarily for module authors. They actually explained this back when they first started patching this old gem. So unless you're an author, you can pretty much ignore anything within the enclosed box.

As for the rest of your post, that's about as much help as you're likely to get. Not sure where the negativity is coming from.
Last edited by Michael; Sep 16 @ 12:10pm
Zunath Sep 16 @ 12:31pm 
The scriptable UI will prolong the life of the game for another 20 years. Thanks for the fantastic updates, Beamdog!
Corrosion Sep 16 @ 12:34pm 
Originally posted by jcdenton666:
achievements for the dlc WHEN?

btw, 99% of these patch notes... I don't have the slightest clue what you are talking about there. who are you making these patches for?!?! certainly not for the average player. I'd say get your priorities straight, but then again, with your track history beamfail... nevermind
It's not their fault you are uneducated in this field... And that's not an insult it's just how it is. Don't be rude to them for patching their game and making improvements for a lot of people like people who make missions and campaigns.

Back when I used to have time, I spent hours upon hours upon hours making my own campaigns for my friends and I to play on this. I know I am far from the only one who did that. I don't anymore, but the fact that they are doing it for other people now is awesome of them. They are also making fixes and upgrades to other things in the game that have been quality of life issues for the longest time.
Last edited by Corrosion; Sep 16 @ 11:44pm
DrLoboto Sep 16 @ 12:36pm 
Sounds awesome, although tbh as a simple player I can't quite picture yet what this actually means. Can anyone more knowledgeable about the patch give some examples what you could do with the new UI scripts? Would it be possible now to create override mods for more quickslots or spellcasting shortcuts like in NWN2?
Last edited by DrLoboto; Sep 16 @ 12:37pm
Paphjort Sep 16 @ 1:23pm 
Originally posted by DrLoboto:
Sounds awesome, although tbh as a simple player I can't quite picture yet what this actually means. Can anyone more knowledgeable about the patch give some examples what you could do with the new UI scripts? Would it be possible now to create override mods for more quickslots or spellcasting shortcuts like in NWN2?

You can now make custom GUI elements like custom mana-bars, custom windows with text/info or bars tracking skill progress or for setting custom options like combat animations etc., lots of possibilities, that had to be handled in dialogue can now be done more "elegantly". Lots of new events for builders too, for example I think you now can detect whether an object/creature has been examined by the player. I've probably missed a lot and haven't had time to play with it all yet... :-) But, yes, mostly for builders.
Last edited by Paphjort; Sep 16 @ 1:24pm
Lovin these updates. Hoping to see some quality DLC's from independent creators in the future!
When will the models be updated?
Originally posted by Snobgoblin:
When will the models be updated?
shaddap and enjoy the update
A lot work went into this, thank you so much!

Additionally, if you ever have a spare moment:

For the Toolset - please fix when you haven’t loaded up a map yet, go and want to “Focus on Object”, it will load the map but focus on a random object.

Also, you build the mod, and it has errors, when you double click on the script that has caused the error in the build window, it will open the script editor with the right script file, but somehow will have compiling issues for the same script file. If you then close the script editor, open it again, load the problematic script, then compiling will work properly.

Cheers!
Wow! There are some real gems in these patch notes!!!:nwsuccess:...
* Added a setting that allows players to control their non-PC party members in the same way as DMs do (drag, ctrl+click, etc). This is off by default, and can be enabled in server settings.
WodahsEht, I didn't even notice that in my first reading of the notes. Full companion control is something worth reinstalling to try out...
< >
Showing 1-15 of 47 comments
Per page: 15 30 50