Warhammer: Vermintide 2

Warhammer: Vermintide 2

View Stats:
Urza Mar 10, 2020 @ 9:53am
Vamps and Zombies
So I get that it took more than a year since release for Beastmen to be added, and by my lights I wouldnt even quite consider them a finished faction, but the Drachenfels maps feel really off without fighting more thematic foes.

My complaint isnt so much that I'm impatient to fight vamps, but that I would rather -not- fight on vamp maps without vamps yet in the game (especially considering that as new maps their rotational priority is through the roof and you get them 2 games out of 3, it gets old).

Feels like an incomplete release.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 35 comments
Sir Duckyweather Mar 10, 2020 @ 10:21am 
Are you suggesting Drachenfels was a vampire? If I'm remembering right, I think the only thing about him and his castle even involving vampires was that one helped defeat him.
Hexagoros Mar 10, 2020 @ 10:29am 
From a Lore perspective, they can't.

The game is supposed to be about the End Times. The Vampires (and their armies of zombies) were allied with the Empire during the End Times. They were 'good guys.'

On the flip side, the next group of enemies they 'should' add is Demons, since those were the 'real' foot soldiers of Chaos during the End Times, meaning demons fought alongside Northmen and Beastmen, and could easily do so in game without breaking the lore.
Last edited by Hexagoros; Mar 10, 2020 @ 10:31am
76561198036145593 Mar 10, 2020 @ 10:39am 
Originally posted by Sir Duckyweather:
Are you suggesting Drachenfels was a vampire? If I'm remembering right, I think the only thing about him and his castle even involving vampires was that one helped defeat him.
Correct! The lord of the castle Drachenfels was a sorceress and a nercromancer the plauged the Empire before Sigmar.
The lore that can be find is that a group of heroes, including Genevieve Dieudonné and she is a vampire of the Lahmian bloodline so dont confuse her with Von Carsteins, and they killd the lord.
Later, the current ruler of The Empire came with a army and put every soldier that served Drachenfels to the sword but dident raze the castle as he want it to stand as a trophy for the victory they had there.
CopperBack Mar 10, 2020 @ 10:47am 
I want skin wolf special chaos need another right??? Pounces player like assassin then runs away as player randomly sabatoges team where he can only watch like a deranged bot until skin wolf dies... just assuming werewolf rules... but just threw that out there.
Last edited by CopperBack; Mar 10, 2020 @ 10:51am
Urza Mar 10, 2020 @ 11:22am 
Vamps and Zombies, Necros and Zombies, *shrug*

Its all one big lump as far a a faction goes, enjoy your nitpicking.

You also 100% cant say that the empire and vamps didnt fight during the end times. It doesnt matter if they were more or less both opposing chaos, they did fight and betray eachother as well. So, if you're going to nitpick, at least be absolutely perfect and right in everything you say, or you look like a fool.

This isnt an end times simulator either, this is L4D2 with a vague warhammer skin.

Original point being, it feels ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ weird to be fighting hordes of beastmen in an underground necromancer dungeon.
Last edited by Urza; Mar 10, 2020 @ 11:23am
Gobbo Slayer Mar 10, 2020 @ 12:32pm 
Originally posted by Urza:
This isnt an end times simulator either, this is L4D2 with a vague warhammer skin.
Not even "vague" but perhaps the best depiction of the Warhammer setting in recent years, even Total Warhammer failed with that.

Original point being, it feels ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ weird to be fighting hordes of beastmen in an underground necromancer dungeon.
That is indeed true, but before they add Vamp Counts much time will pass....
Hexagoros Mar 10, 2020 @ 12:36pm 
Originally posted by Urza:
Vamps and Zombies, Necros and Zombies, *shrug*

Its all one big lump as far a a faction goes, enjoy your nitpicking.

You also 100% cant say that the empire and vamps didnt fight during the end times. It doesnt matter if they were more or less both opposing chaos, they did fight and betray eachother as well. So, if you're going to nitpick, at least be absolutely perfect and right in everything you say, or you look like a fool.

This isnt an end times simulator either, this is L4D2 with a vague warhammer skin.

Original point being, it feels ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ weird to be fighting hordes of beastmen in an underground necromancer dungeon.

I just completely disagree. All of the 'primary' Vampire characters were fighting against Chaos, with the exception of Chaos corrupted Nagash. Also, 'End Times' is literally how this game describes itself. You can't just throw out the setting because 'lol reasons.'

It would just feel like 'friendly fire' to be mowing down Vampire Count units out of nowhere for those of us who are actually familiar with the lore.

Instead, why not add in demons and actually expand the "Chaos" roster we currently have beyond Northmen?
Grantib Mar 10, 2020 @ 12:42pm 
Well I want Orcs, but it wont happend neither (see: Lore)
Fryskar Mar 10, 2020 @ 2:47pm 
Originally posted by Hexagoros:
Originally posted by Urza:
Vamps and Zombies, Necros and Zombies, *shrug*

Its all one big lump as far a a faction goes, enjoy your nitpicking.

You also 100% cant say that the empire and vamps didnt fight during the end times. It doesnt matter if they were more or less both opposing chaos, they did fight and betray eachother as well. So, if you're going to nitpick, at least be absolutely perfect and right in everything you say, or you look like a fool.

This isnt an end times simulator either, this is L4D2 with a vague warhammer skin.

Original point being, it feels ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ weird to be fighting hordes of beastmen in an underground necromancer dungeon.

I just completely disagree. All of the 'primary' Vampire characters were fighting against Chaos, with the exception of Chaos corrupted Nagash. Also, 'End Times' is literally how this game describes itself. You can't just throw out the setting because 'lol reasons.'

It would just feel like 'friendly fire' to be mowing down Vampire Count units out of nowhere for those of us who are actually familiar with the lore.

Instead, why not add in demons and actually expand the "Chaos" roster we currently have beyond Northmen?
Last time i read the book (lore might got overhauled, but its endtimes so who cares?) Nagash was pretty much only infulenced by himself.
If you want to claim manfreds betrayal was influenced by chaos, sure go ahead.
But anyway they were best "allied" in the skaven way. Just like with the orks.
Last edited by Fryskar; Mar 10, 2020 @ 2:48pm
Urza Mar 10, 2020 @ 5:31pm 
I just dont want the vamp maps if we're not going to have the vamps, its jarring. These maps have mailboxes full of skulls and magical rivers of blood.

I'll leave the speculation up to nerds bickering over their own half made up points of "lore". Apparently some people find it inconceivable for a squad of 4(5) heroes with their own agendas, who spend what seems like half their time in stupid shadow illusions, to ever fight undead or whathaveyou because they have some holy showdown of order vs chaos nailed into their tepid brains.

"Nope, every single undead character conceivable luved humans and suc c their tiny human pp because they hate chaos so much. There are absolutely no contrary examples or any room bad meanie vamps. This concept is too big to fit in the remaining lobe of my brain. I like twilight"

Thats fine, nerds have been bickering like that and still swallowing whatever "lore" gets manufactured that contradicts them and then bickering over that for decades. This game will make up whatever it wants and people will still buy it.
Last edited by Urza; Mar 10, 2020 @ 5:38pm
morsdood Mar 10, 2020 @ 5:56pm 
love it when someone has a dumb suggestion and when told why their suggestion is dumb in a certain context they have a breakdown
CopperBack Mar 10, 2020 @ 7:58pm 
Why can’t we fight Dracula already it’s his castle obviously we’re not in some other universe...
Sir Duckyweather Mar 10, 2020 @ 8:23pm 
Originally posted by CopperBack:
Why can’t we fight Dracula already it’s his castle obviously we’re not in some other universe...
I blame the Belmonts.
76561198036145593 Mar 10, 2020 @ 9:44pm 
Originally posted by morsdood:
love it when someone has a dumb suggestion and when told why their suggestion is dumb in a certain context they have a breakdown
Best part is when they try to insult everyone at the same time :steamhappy:
Hexagoros Mar 10, 2020 @ 10:17pm 
Originally posted by Urza:
"Nope, every single undead character conceivable luved humans and suc c their tiny human pp because they hate chaos so much. There are absolutely no contrary examples or any room bad meanie vamps. This concept is too big to fit in the remaining lobe of my brain. I like twilight"

Thats fine, nerds have been bickering like that and still swallowing whatever "lore" gets manufactured that contradicts them and then bickering over that for decades. This game will make up whatever it wants and people will still buy it.

The game literally can't 'make up whatever it wants,' it has a license to uphold - and Games Workshops is notoriously rigid with their licenses when it comes to lore.

As an example, the developer Relic had to have the Blood Ravens Space Marine chapter approved by GW before introducing it in in their Dawn of War series, and even then GW made a number of modifications to the lore and art design.

So yes, if we're suddenly going to introduce Vampires as a bad guy in an End Times themed game, and have them fighting alongside Chaos and Beastmen (whom they hate) there's going to have to be a pretty good reason.

I mean, would you expect the Rebels in a Star Wars game to suddenly whip out a fleet of Death Stars because "Hey, Death Stars are fun, and so what if only the Empire ever had one?"
Last edited by Hexagoros; Mar 10, 2020 @ 10:18pm
< >
Showing 1-15 of 35 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: Mar 10, 2020 @ 9:53am
Posts: 35