SCUM
SCUM > General Discussions > Topic Details
The_Gump Dec 21, 2018 @ 7:04pm
Fortification and Lock Guide
Step by Step...


Doors :

- Gather Fame Points. You need 100 per door.

- Approach door..... Hold F.... Choose "Claim Door"

You can claim both external and internal doors.

Door Locks:

- Approach Claimed Door until the 3 "Lock Squares" appear.

- Press TAB for inventory

- Use mouse cursor to click on a Lock Square and choose the level of lock you want.

- Bronze Lock 100 Fame Points

- Silver Lock 150 Fame Points

- Gold Lock 200 Fame Points

The higher level lock means it is harder to pick it. Ultimately you want 3 Gold Locks on your Doors.

To claim a door and install 3 Gold locks, you need 700 Fame Points per door.

Crafting Door Locks

You can craft a basic level (bronze) door lock from a single padlock and 25 durability from a toolbox. You can then drag it onto a doors Lock Square.

EDIT: BUG ?? It costs 100 Fame Points to drag the crafted basic lock on the door !!

Maybe the entire system is bugged? Are we meant to have to craft all the locks then drag them onto the door, which costs Fame Points to do? As of now, you can just click on the + symbol in the lock square and a lock will appear in it, no crafting required.

Also, only the basic lock is able to be crafted at the moment, the higher level locks are not in the craft menu. Strange.

EDIT 2: Going by Dev Iggy's post below, crafted locks are not meant to cost FP when placed on a door... so its a bug. Wait for a fix before using crafted locks :)

I just wish you could craft the Silver and Gold door locks also, having to use more padlocks and maybe more durability from a tool box. For example... 2 padlocks and 50 toolbox durability for a silver lock and 3padlocks + 75 durability for a gold one. Maybe its something they will include later?


Window Fortifications

- Stand near a window

- Press TAB and go to the crafting menu

- Choose which window fortification you want to use. There are 3 strength levels.

- Click "Craft" and place it over the window.

- BASIC = 3 Planks + 1 Nails + 1 Hammer (or any item that can be used as a hammer)

- MEDIUM = 3 Planks + 1 Nails + 2 Metal Scrap + 3/100 Toolbox

- ADVANCED = 10 Scrap Metal + 1 Lead Plates + 10/100 Toolbox

Each one has "Murder Holes" included... which are gaps that you can shoot out of (and enemy can shoot in). Also remember that wood and metal can be penetrated by bullets, though for metal you need a powerful gun.

EDIT: Window covers only need 1 full 20/20 lead plate, not 5 plates as listed in the craft menu. They automatically adjust to the size of the window. Also, I've hit a metal one about 300 times so far with a Sledgehammer, used about a 3rd of the hammers durability and no sign of it breaking.

Overall I really like the system, its simple, does the job and lets you have a secure place.
Last edited by The_Gump; Dec 22, 2018 @ 4:29am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 34 comments
Chronic213 Dec 21, 2018 @ 8:23pm 
This is awesome... but I can't get the crafted bronze lock to drag onto the door. I've crafted 2 separate bronze locks, and claimed a door for 100 FP, now I only have 25 FP or so left. I've done everything you said, and when I drag the bronze lock to the first + sign, it turns green, but dropping the lock there does nothing... just goes back to the inventory slot I dragged it from.... any ideas? Do I have to spend FP AND craft the bronze lock?
Catastrophology Dec 21, 2018 @ 8:39pm 
Originally posted by Chronic213:
This is awesome... but I can't get the crafted bronze lock to drag onto the door. I've crafted 2 separate bronze locks, and claimed a door for 100 FP, now I only have 25 FP or so left. I've done everything you said, and when I drag the bronze lock to the first + sign, it turns green, but dropping the lock there does nothing... just goes back to the inventory slot I dragged it from.... any ideas? Do I have to spend FP AND craft the bronze lock?

I have the same issue.

Also, no, if you spend FP, you dont need to craft the lock.
BETOR Dec 21, 2018 @ 8:39pm 
Originally posted by Chronic213:
This is awesome... but I can't get the crafted bronze lock to drag onto the door. I've crafted 2 separate bronze locks, and claimed a door for 100 FP, now I only have 25 FP or so left. I've done everything you said, and when I drag the bronze lock to the first + sign, it turns green, but dropping the lock there does nothing... just goes back to the inventory slot I dragged it from.... any ideas? Do I have to spend FP AND craft the bronze lock?
I have the same problem
The_Gump Dec 21, 2018 @ 8:46pm 
Originally posted by Chronic213:
This is awesome... but I can't get the crafted bronze lock to drag onto the door. I've crafted 2 separate bronze locks, and claimed a door for 100 FP, now I only have 25 FP or so left. I've done everything you said, and when I drag the bronze lock to the first + sign, it turns green, but dropping the lock there does nothing... just goes back to the inventory slot I dragged it from.... any ideas? Do I have to spend FP AND craft the bronze lock?

Oh... thats strange... maybe you need the Fame Points also? If thats the case, it makes no sense as if you have the FP, you can just click on the Lock Square and a lock appears in it... and you can't craft the higher level locks either....

I'll test more in SP....

EDIT: Just tested this... it costs 100 Fame Points to drag the crafted basic lock on the door !! Must be a bug?
Last edited by The_Gump; Dec 21, 2018 @ 8:56pm
❤ Amil ❤ Dec 21, 2018 @ 9:01pm 
is there any way the owner of the door to remove the lock? its gonna be a problem if server restart and the squad reset happen, only the owner of claim door can access the door
The_Gump Dec 21, 2018 @ 9:02pm 
Originally posted by Amil Comel:
is there any way the owner of the door to remove the lock? its gonna be a problem if server restart and the squad reset happen, only the owner of claim door can access the door

Squads are now saved when you log off, at least they are meant to be.
galadhlinn Dec 21, 2018 @ 9:21pm 
So I have found 2 "Classic Padlock" with keys. It also says 5000/5000. Is this the same as a crafted lock?
The_Gump Dec 21, 2018 @ 9:25pm 
Originally posted by galadhlinn:
So I have found 2 "Classic Padlock" with keys. It also says 5000/5000. Is this the same as a crafted lock?

No, that is the padlock you use to make the crafted door lock in your crafting menu.

But you dont have to craft one... just click on the "Lock Squares" that appear after you claim a door, and if you have enough fame points, you can choose which lock you want and it will automatically appear for you.
VeNoM's EdGe Dec 22, 2018 @ 1:09am 
I'll have to try this. I couldn't make the craftable lock (I started with 0 for survival, and so it was greyed out, I think is the reason), but if it just costs famepoints I'll start chopping some trees and then see if I can add a lock. But maybe seems like the craftable lock is useless at the moment?
The_Gump Dec 22, 2018 @ 1:10am 
Originally posted by VeNoM's EdGe:
I'll have to try this. I couldn't make the craftable lock (I started with 0 for survival, and so it was greyed out, I think is the reason), but if it just costs famepoints I'll start chopping some trees and then see if I can add a lock. But maybe seems like the craftable lock is useless at the moment?

Yes, that is what it seems like.
Iggy  [developer] Dec 22, 2018 @ 1:31am 
Yeah, nice catch. We tested ton of variations but missed that one. We will look into it. For now just avoid spending time on crafting if you have to use fame points anyway.
Ting Ting Dec 22, 2018 @ 2:17am 
So how do we get so many fame points to get a house locked down? Seems a lot (single player) I take it I only need to rubbish lock as no players will be pick locking me, unless zombies can pick locks?
shoutman Dec 22, 2018 @ 2:44am 
BUG* If no locks are placed on a claimed door. the owner can go in but others not.
The_Gump Dec 22, 2018 @ 3:31am 
Originally posted by Iggy:
Yeah, nice catch. We tested ton of variations but missed that one. We will look into it. For now just avoid spending time on crafting if you have to use fame points anyway.

No problem, thats what we are here for... 5,000 people testing a update for an hour will find bugs quicker than 5 people playing for a week ;)
The_Gump Dec 22, 2018 @ 3:33am 
Originally posted by Ting Ting:
So how do we get so many fame points to get a house locked down? Seems a lot (single player) I take it I only need to rubbish lock as no players will be pick locking me, unless zombies can pick locks?

Shoot/Kill Mechs.... takes about 150-180 Shotgun rounds... not that hard to loot & craft that many. Chop down trees, kill Puppets, craft anything... lots of ways.

But yeah, not much point in Single Player until smarter AI is introduced I guess (there was talk of Puppets being able to follow you into houses at some stage).
Last edited by The_Gump; Dec 22, 2018 @ 3:34am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 34 comments
Per page: 15 30 50

SCUM > General Discussions > Topic Details
Date Posted: Dec 21, 2018 @ 7:04pm
Posts: 34