Half-Life: Opposing Force

Half-Life: Opposing Force

View Stats:
「SUNBOAT」 Oct 2, 2017 @ 7:02pm
No option to play a singleplayer game.
Title says all.

I was playing Opposing Force about a month ago, and I stopped playing. Today I decided to continue my adventures of good old Adrian Shepard, and for some reason. I only have four options.

- Locate Servers
- Create Server

- Customize
- Abort

..Is anyone else experiencing this problem? I just want to play me some half life. Can anyone help me out here?
Last edited by 「SUNBOAT」; Oct 2, 2017 @ 7:02pm
< >
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
Teabλg Johnson Oct 2, 2017 @ 7:03pm 
Originally posted by 「SUNBOAT」:
- Customize
- Abort
Huh? That only exists in the retail version if i'm correct. No way in hell could it be in Steam's version.


Anyways, exit your game. Go to library, right click Half-Life Opposing Force, go to Properties, go to local files and verify integrity of game's files.
「SUNBOAT」 Oct 2, 2017 @ 7:11pm 
That didn't work. I can post screenshots for proof. Hell, even a video. I'm able to play multiplayer, but when I disconnect. I get booted to the desktop.

This sucks, man. I appreciate the knowledge of this, though. Now I know how big of a pain in the♥♥♥♥♥this'll be. Is there a fix?
Teabλg Johnson Oct 2, 2017 @ 7:11pm 
Originally posted by 「SUNBOAT」:
That didn't work. I can post screenshots for proof. Hell, even a video. I'm able to play multiplayer, but when I disconnect. I get booted to the desktop.

This sucks, man. I appreciate the knowledge of this, though. Now I know how big of a pain in the♥♥♥♥♥this'll be. Is there a fix?
Try re-installing. And i would actually like a screenshot.
Hadi The Pikachu Oct 2, 2017 @ 8:48pm 
Originally posted by 「SUNBOAT」:
https://imgur.com/a/p6PD3
Can you put a screenshot of the ingame options?
Yuri On Edge Oct 2, 2017 @ 11:58pm 
Originally posted by 「SUNBOAT」:
https://imgur.com/a/p6PD3
Huh, that is weird.
「SUNBOAT」 Oct 3, 2017 @ 9:42am 
Originally posted by Ⓗⓐⓓⓘ:
Originally posted by 「SUNBOAT」:
https://imgur.com/a/p6PD3
Can you put a screenshot of the ingame options?
https://imgur.com/7rWxx7n



Originally posted by Duck Tear Popper:
Originally posted by 「SUNBOAT」:
https://imgur.com/a/p6PD3
Huh, that is weird.
I just wanted to play some video games.
brimstone Oct 4, 2017 @ 12:08pm 
Originally posted by 「SUNBOAT」:
Originally posted by Ⓗⓐⓓⓘ:
Can you put a screenshot of the ingame options?
https://imgur.com/7rWxx7n



Originally posted by Duck Tear Popper:
Huh, that is weird.
I just wanted to play some video games.


I just installed it and it works fine here on Mac. I guess maybe even reinstalling it is leaving some settings somewhere but there should be a console command to launch a new game I would think.

This tells you how to load a specific map:

https://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/149551-half-life-opposing-force/cheats



There are probably more commands available though. Maybe that will get you playing until someone who knows more finds this thread.
Doc Shinpao Oct 6, 2017 @ 7:32am 
It looks like the OP4 multiplayer standalone that was sold with Blueshift.
Indeed, really weird.
Snow 344 Oct 7, 2017 @ 2:47pm 
"map of0a0" on console.
Then do "save YourSaveName", and next time you launch the game do "load YourSaveName"
Snow 344 Oct 7, 2017 @ 2:52pm 
Originally posted by 「SUNBOAT」:
Title says all.

I was playing Opposing Force about a month ago, and I stopped playing. Today I decided to continue my adventures of good old Adrian Shepard, and for some reason. I only have four options.

- Locate Servers
- Create Server

- Customize
- Abort

..Is anyone else experiencing this problem? I just want to play me some half life. Can anyone help me out here?
Try this too:
https://ufile.io/slopf
Put that file in Half-Life\gearbox\resource (not sure if will work)
< >
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
Per page: 15 30 50