Book of Demons
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
Konstanty  [developer] Aug 19, 2016 @ 5:49am
Planned features (a.k.a. The Roadmap)
The Final shape of the Roadmap

Edit: updated April 2018 :-)

Up until now, we were sticking to bi-monthly larger updates. Now that we are entering the home stretch the large updates will be more frequent, we are aiming at one every six weeks. Of course, in between, there will be a lot of small updates containing fixes and minor tweaks.

Here is what will happen up until launch:
  • Early June 2018 - Difficulty levels. It's tricky to make everyone happy with one difficulty for all so we are going to differentiate by introducing more casual mode and two more difficult modes.
  • Late July - Overhauled Archdemon quest (new bosses, unique mechanics) because the current one is actually a placeholder and is way too forgiving ;-)
  • September - Complete sounds (over 300 new or reworked sounds)
  • October - Mac support
  • Early November - all remaining features and content integrated into the test branch, those willing to do so can begin testing the final build candidate
  • December - The magic happens, the game launches
  • Late December - Christmas!

Last edited by Konstanty; Apr 29 @ 12:14am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 231 comments
身体健康 Aug 19, 2016 @ 6:56am 
Originally posted by Konstanty:
We already have the long-term roadmap
  • Permadeath mode - this will include online ranking where you will be able to check how deep you managed to go and compare that to other players. This will come complete with achievements, graves of your previous characters and chance to meet your previous heroes as boss enemies in the dungeons.

Fell in love.
mattBLiTZ Aug 19, 2016 @ 1:28pm 
Hellll yessss for more achievements! <3
Fyrsey Aug 19, 2016 @ 1:40pm 
Originally posted by Konstanty:
  • Permadeath mode - this will include online ranking where you will be able to check how deep you managed to go and compare that to other players. This will come complete with achievements, graves of your previous characters and chance to meet your previous heroes as boss enemies in the dungeons.

This. I'm gonna be around for a good while!
Esty was here Aug 22, 2016 @ 11:40am 
permadeath mode with leaderboards, yes please !!!!
Esterlin Aug 24, 2016 @ 3:18am 
That permadeath mode sounds amazing. Would be neat if it had a few unique card unlocks, too.
Konstanty  [developer] Aug 24, 2016 @ 3:43am 
Originally posted by Inquisitive Duck:
That permadeath mode sounds amazing. Would be neat if it had a few unique card unlocks, too.

Next new cards we will add will be mage and rogue class specific. Then we will move to more shared cards to be unlocked in freeplay and (probably) some new upgrade system for cards that would introduce some effect randomization. However, we wouldn't lock them to specific game modes like permadeath. That way people who can't stomach permadeath wouldn't be able to see new cards at all :D
Esterlin Aug 24, 2016 @ 5:00am 
Originally posted by Konstanty:
Next new cards we will add will be mage and rogue class specific. Then we will move to more shared cards to be unlocked in freeplay and (probably) some new upgrade system for cards that would introduce some effect randomization. However, we wouldn't lock them to specific game modes like permadeath. That way people who can't stomach permadeath wouldn't be able to see new cards at all :D

That makes sense. Perhaps some of the permadeath achievements would be tied to special Pop-Up Sandbox items? Or perhaps a couple avatars (although the current system in place would likely make that a bit harder to impiment)?
Denigrate Aug 24, 2016 @ 6:09am 
Originally posted by Konstanty:
  • Permadeath mode - this will include online ranking where you will be able to check how deep you managed to go and compare that to other players. This will come complete with achievements, graves of your previous characters and chance to meet your previous heroes as boss enemies in the dungeons.

Woooohoooo can't wait!
Maedley Aug 28, 2016 @ 3:34am 
Guys....more cards.....more rewards....if feels dull grinding down as it is now.
i finished the game throughout but was not rewarding at all :(
cause, in the end....there is not very much to discover:
-levels are pretty simple (putting some milestone-stage like the cook, would help......),
-town-wise nothing really happens,
-cards are very limited (i wish to have tons of them to choose for...not 20 of them....)
-bosses and cursed chests dont feel rewarding (maybe cause there isn't much (of items) that they can drop :( )

Konstanty  [developer] Aug 28, 2016 @ 9:38am 
Originally posted by Maedley:
Guys....more cards.....more rewards....if feels dull grinding down as it is now.
i finished the game throughout but was not rewarding at all :(
cause, in the end....there is not very much to discover:
-levels are pretty simple (putting some milestone-stage like the cook, would help......),
-town-wise nothing really happens,
-cards are very limited (i wish to have tons of them to choose for...not 20 of them....)
-bosses and cursed chests dont feel rewarding (maybe cause there isn't much (of items) that they can drop :( )

Working on it - more cards will come with remaining two classes, along with game modes, more mechanics and, well, more stuff :-)
FrozenZeroLight Sep 6, 2016 @ 11:11am 
Originally posted by Maedley:
Guys....more cards.....more rewards....if feels dull grinding down as it is now.
i finished the game throughout but was not rewarding at all :(
cause, in the end....there is not very much to discover:
-levels are pretty simple (putting some milestone-stage like the cook, would help......),
-town-wise nothing really happens,
-cards are very limited (i wish to have tons of them to choose for...not 20 of them....)
-bosses and cursed chests dont feel rewarding (maybe cause there isn't much (of items) that they can drop :( )

It seems that some people forget that this game is in early access, anyway it has a lot of stuff to do compared with lots of other $60 games out there.
6aholic Sep 21, 2016 @ 11:25am 
i like!
but... work on, i could assist maedley to get some more features in it.
Last edited by 6aholic; Sep 21, 2016 @ 11:27am
Darkness Sep 23, 2016 @ 10:48am 
Just noticed the updated detailed roadmap... Mage only in November? NOooOOOooOOooooOoooooOOOooooOOo!

I'm actually waiting for it to revisit the game and play everything again from scratch.
Konstanty  [developer] Sep 23, 2016 @ 11:03am 
Originally posted by Darkness:
Just noticed the updated detailed roadmap... Mage only in November? NOooOOOooOOooooOoooooOOOooooOOo!

I'm actually waiting for it to revisit the game and play everything again from scratch.

Good, because when Mage is in, so will be difficulty levels and permadeath. Lots of stuff to test :D
Scytharia. Sep 26, 2016 @ 8:37am 
Okay, so far I really, really dig the game :) Still, I wonder if it would be possible in a very, very far future (as not important at all), to have some more interesting loot? I am not talking about the usual H&S items, as it's all about the cards here but to have some cosmetic changes on the own character would be awesome imho. Probly would be lotta work I guess but I'd really love to see more diversity loot wise at some point. I mean yes, it is quite addictive to clear the dungeons but it would be even more interesting if there was more to find than "just" cards/gold/charges & "crap".

kind regards, o/

Edit: Haha, just noticed, the appearance does change in fact while you rank up xD Still, some diversity loot wise (don't ask for specific ideas, haha :)) would be much appreciated in the far, far future :)
Last edited by Scytharia.; Sep 26, 2016 @ 8:49am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 231 comments
Per page: 15 30 50