Conan Exiles

Conan Exiles

View Stats:
Conan Exiles > General Discussions > Topic Details
Son of Ymir Feb 20, 2017 @ 8:31am
Does character stay in game when i am logged out?
Seems like a strange mechanic, but I saw an option on one server to NOT remain when logged out... and once I seemed to die when logged off... what is the norm? Please don't tell me my guy is standing there like a zombie waiting to get killed when I log off! :D
< >
Showing 1-15 of 19 comments
Kryzzk Feb 20, 2017 @ 8:33am 
If the server your playing on has it set to keep you ingame you fall down "asleep" when you exit the game. I have seen several players "sleeping" near the spawn area on the server I just stareted playing on.

Yes, you can be killed while offline if your charactor is still in-game. Most survival games now employ this mechanic of leaving you ingame when you exit, I don't like it but thats the way it's starting to work now.

You can also starve or dehydrate while offline so It's a good idea to make sure your food/water is full (well, more than half depending on how long you plan to be gone) before you exit the game.
Last edited by Kryzzk; Feb 20, 2017 @ 8:35am
Son of Ymir Feb 20, 2017 @ 9:54am 
Originally posted by Kryzzk:
If the server your playing on has it set to keep you ingame you fall down "asleep" when you exit the game. I have seen several players "sleeping" near the spawn area on the server I just stareted playing on.

Yes, you can be killed while offline if your charactor is still in-game. Most survival games now employ this mechanic of leaving you ingame when you exit, I don't like it but thats the way it's starting to work now.

You can also starve or dehydrate while offline so It's a good idea to make sure your food/water is full (well, more than half depending on how long you plan to be gone) before you exit the game.

omg that's horrible. I'm not going to be married to the **** game! This will turn off casual players for sure. LOL
Mertaan Dinosaur Feb 20, 2017 @ 9:57am 
It's a setting, it's usually turned off on PvE servers.

On PvP servers it's usually on.
It is an anti-cheat system to prevent people to log off and magically disappear before they are killed by another player.
Last edited by Mertaan Dinosaur; Feb 20, 2017 @ 10:05am
=TFO= Killswitch Feb 20, 2017 @ 10:04am 
depends on server seting
Pam Feb 20, 2017 @ 10:08am 
I don't think you get thirsty or hungry while offline but you can be killed by animals and players. I have a char that I leave for days while offline, the server is set to have sleepers, and I don't get hungry or thristy while gone. I make sure I am in my house though cause animals have killed me while I am offline.

You can play on servers that have the server set to log you off completely whenyou leave the server - I play on serveral like that. Its a setting each server admin can choose
Deacon Feb 20, 2017 @ 10:09am 
Originally posted by Mertaan Dinosaur:
It's a setting, it's usually turned off on PvE servers.

Only if you turn it off on a private server, other wise on is default, PVP or PVE.

Before anyone else throws their confused misinformation up here. there is a bug where even if you are logged off the game still has you as actively logged in so after an hour or so you die of thirst or starvation.

Now the default server setting leaves you unconscious, laying on the ground, logged out and yes after DAYS of not logging in you can die; not hours. There is a bug, and has been verified by friends, that some time the server thinks you are still active in game even though you have logged out.

Note: on PVP if you are laying there unconscious you can be killed by animals or other players. On PVE this can't happen; even though you can be mugged.
Hydro Feb 20, 2017 @ 10:12am 
Originally posted by Pam:
I don't think you get thirsty or hungry while offline but you can be killed by animals and players. I have a char that I leave for days while offline, the server is set to have sleepers, and I don't get hungry or thristy while gone. I make sure I am in my house though cause animals have killed me while I am offline.

You can play on servers that have the server set to log you off completely whenyou leave the server - I play on serveral like that. Its a setting each server admin can choose

You do get thirsty and hungry while offline, but VERY slowly, so unless you are off for a few days you probably wouldn't see it. Also, it seems like sometimes when people are logging in and the loading is taking forever, the game considers you alive so you can starve/die of thirst in that time frame as well. The community manager said they are looking into the latter.
Kryzzk Feb 20, 2017 @ 10:15am 
Originally posted by Dude:
omg that's horrible. I'm not going to be married to the **** game! This will turn off casual players for sure. LOL

This is how it has always been in ARK (and several other games as I understand it) and they still have tons of casual players, I don't think that it will effect the game as much as you think.
Last edited by Kryzzk; Feb 20, 2017 @ 10:15am
Lord_of_the_Bacon Feb 20, 2017 @ 10:20am 
Originally posted by Dude:
Originally posted by Kryzzk:
If the server your playing on has it set to keep you ingame you fall down "asleep" when you exit the game. I have seen several players "sleeping" near the spawn area on the server I just stareted playing on.

Yes, you can be killed while offline if your charactor is still in-game. Most survival games now employ this mechanic of leaving you ingame when you exit, I don't like it but thats the way it's starting to work now.

You can also starve or dehydrate while offline so It's a good idea to make sure your food/water is full (well, more than half depending on how long you plan to be gone) before you exit the game.

omg that's horrible. I'm not going to be married to the **** game! This will turn off casual players for sure. LOL

First survival game I take it?
Deacon Feb 20, 2017 @ 10:28am 
This unconscious mechanic has been in game since day 1. The reason you never noticed is because it was working as intended, as in taking days logged off to die, not hours. Dieing after just a few hours logged off is a bug.

Note, just out of curiosity I logged in to ARK to check my character, been weeks since I was on. He's still fine.
Tachyon Feb 20, 2017 @ 10:41am 
Originally posted by Dude:
Seems like a strange mechanic, but I saw an option on one server to NOT remain when logged out... and once I seemed to die when logged off... what is the norm? Please don't tell me my guy is standing there like a zombie waiting to get killed when I log off! :D
No, you lie down unconscious. :)
McWonderBeast Feb 20, 2017 @ 10:42am 
Originally posted by Dude:
omg that's horrible. I'm not going to be married to the **** game! This will turn off casual players for sure. LOL

Have to prevent cowards from battle logging.
Kryzzk Feb 20, 2017 @ 10:44am 
Originally posted by srgreeniii:
This unconscious mechanic has been in game since day 1. The reason you never noticed is because it was working as intended, as in taking days logged off to die, not hours. Dieing after just a few hours logged off is a bug.

Note, just out of curiosity I logged in to ARK to check my character, been weeks since I was on. He's still fine.

according to one of the devlopers if you were almost out of water or food when you logged out you could die before you log back in. I usally make sure I have atleast 25% on food and water stats before signing out (old habbit from other games like this), but the developer here said you didn't need much to stay alive overnight just make sure you were not almost out of food or water.

Originally posted by MahatmaGamer:
Have to prevent cowards from battle logging.

It's my understanding that this is exactly why that mechanic was added to the game, to stop people from logging out as soon as they were attacked to keep from getting killed and loosing the stuff they had on them.
Last edited by Kryzzk; Feb 20, 2017 @ 10:45am
Deacon Feb 20, 2017 @ 10:57am 
Originally posted by Kryzzk:
Originally posted by srgreeniii:
This unconscious mechanic has been in game since day 1. The reason you never noticed is because it was working as intended, as in taking days logged off to die, not hours. Dieing after just a few hours logged off is a bug.

Note, just out of curiosity I logged in to ARK to check my character, been weeks since I was on. He's still fine.

according to one of the devlopers if you were almost out of water or food when you logged out you could die before you log back in. I usally make sure I have atleast 25% on food and water stats before signing out (old habbit from other games like this), but the developer here said you didn't need much to stay alive overnight just make sure you were not almost out of food or water.

Originally posted by MahatmaGamer:
Have to prevent cowards from battle logging.

It's my understanding that this is exactly why that mechanic was added to the game, to stop people from logging out as soon as they were attacked to keep from getting killed and loosing the stuff they had on them.

Yes, and I told the dev that isn't the issue unless you can die of thirst twice before the game loads.
Socrates Johnson Feb 20, 2017 @ 10:57am 
Originally posted by MahatmaGamer:
Originally posted by Dude:
omg that's horrible. I'm not going to be married to the **** game! This will turn off casual players for sure. LOL

Have to prevent cowards from battle logging.

Well then why not an hour limit for remaining ingame unconscious. After that your character disappears in game and you won't be in danger of dying of thirst or hunger while playing the game called Real Life.

I mean you can't even go on vacation for week without dying.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 19 comments
Per page: 15 30 50

Conan Exiles > General Discussions > Topic Details
Date Posted: Feb 20, 2017 @ 8:31am
Posts: 19