after years of telling myself wow this stuff is too complicated I finally got around to learn about custom missions
now I've seen my fair share of custom MvM and I've learned alot about valve's own missions, so now I'm finally putting my knowledge to work. All this on my favorite map, bigrock. It's "expert" level though I still want to keep it fun and interesting.
Final version done, can be played at :
- Near Permanently closed death pit
- Unique no-money, standard TF2 action on the first wave (money is given after)
- All of valve's best memorable bots, including 2city bots
- My very own creations, including polished valve bots (mistakes in templates fixed)
- Special outside-of-the-box robots that go beyond "shoot me to win"
- 6 waves + 1 super boss formula
- All classes having something valuable or important to do at all times
- Different sentry buster variant each spawn (up to 7 variants!)
since you bothered entering this thread I will give you special tips
I will post a small list of robots I believe need some explanation.
- All the bots you recognize from valve levels are the same as you know. Bots with new unlocks have no special stats if they wear no hat
- Some bots wear the gate hat, but it's purely for visuals. Their behavior doesn't change and they won't seek a capture zone
- All medics do regular syringue damage, giants do more
- Some bots use weird icons, but they're usually not as terrific as you would expect from the icon.
- The Elite medics are the same as everyday ubers, except they recharge 800% faster and have full-length uber (~8 sec)
- Giant Elite medics are the same as giant medics, except they use stock uber, they recharge 800% faster and have a ~20 second uber. They regen 50 health like the giant regen
- Engineers have +100% hp buildings, but are otherwise identical in gameplay
- The Giant Bonk! uses the drink rate from pre-nerf empire
- Killing the Sandwich heavy significantly makes wave 2 harder. Let him go on his way. Kill him when everything else is defeated
- Each sentry buster call has 7 variants to choose from and will do so randomly each time
1. Default Buster we all know and hate
2. Sentry Swarmer. Spawns a group of 4 small busters that follow eachother and go at once. Each buster will trigger an explosion (they will friendly-fire eachother). Each swarmer has 1000 health and acts like a common robot (deactivated by saps, stuns, knocked around). Killing a small buster prematurely will make them die harmlessly and cancel their explosion.
3. Sentry Runner. Permanently charging sentry buster. Extremely fast, will often be completely out of control and get to unexpected places. Is also extremely unpredictable even when arming-up. 1500 hp
4. Sentry Planter. Drops crit iron bomber pipebombs along the way it runs on. 2000 hp
5. Sentry Hacker. Will instantly sap any building nearby before detonating. Extremely effective against rescue-rangers. 2000 hp. Glides around because of missing sapper animation (can't be fixed).
6. Mega Buster. This is a massive, slow buster which soaks up damage like no other. This unstoppable buster will take a while to get to the sentry but will waste the sentry gun's attention for a long time. This buster has super giant settings (can't be airblasted or give rage bars)
7. Bully Buster. This mean buster kicks anyone it crosses in the butt and sends them flying. This buster has more health but moves slightly slower
8. Delayed Buster. This buster is very slow and unresponsive. It will do a fake arm-up and blow up much later than anticipated. 7000 hp
9. Ninja Buster. This buster is imbued with extreme dexterity and agility. 5000 hp.
- Ignore the clowns. A melee smack will make them go away if needed.
- Vampire knights fully resist and even get overhealed by crit damage. Use normal damage to kill them. They cannot be backstabbed. Don't feed them
- The Mine-Layer's mines can be reflected to your advantage or simply deflected / zapped. The layer has 500 health
- Phlog pyros will only activate from a random-taunt-after-killing-somebody or a bomb upgrade (they don't have the AI for it)
- The Tank Convoy is more vulnerable on its two second wagons. More bots will spawn if you kill the part on the front first
- Plasma soldiers will pratically one-shot everything even buildings. They can't hit anyone outside of short range however. His shots can be reflected and zapped, but not deflected
- The Football heavy must be pushed into the pit or killed with fall damage.
- The Power scouts have +100% damage, +50% faster reload, faster run speed and 150 health
- The Adamantane Medic is completely invincible will always try to go heal the boss. Keep it away at all costs. The wave ends when the boss dies
- Some bots have halloween items. They look alot cooler with halloween mode on