Age of Fear 3: The Legend

Age of Fear 3: The Legend

View Stats:
Les  [developer] Aug 19, 2017 @ 7:50am
AOF3 FEEDBACK & SUGGESTIONS
Hi all,

This is a placeholder for all your feedback and suggestions specific to AOF3.
Feel free to write any feedback and suggestions!

We are here to help :-)

For more detailed AOF games roadmap, please check this:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/431700/discussions/0/1470840994955086996/


Main points:
  • AOF3 DLC - there are some unused assets left from AOF3 campaigns. We will add them in form of DLC in few weeks.
  • AOF3 Story voiceovers - after game release we expect several months of intensive tuning and improvements and probably also new content expansions (based on community feedback). Therefore, we hold back with voiceovers for now as it's difficult to add something later. After it all settles down, we will add voiceovers :-)
  • Re-code rendering-engine and improve UI along the way - there is a separate thread for that here: http://steamcommunity.com/app/431700/discussions/0/2132869574260127070/
  • Add procedurally generated levels aside the main quest - we already have a semi working prototype. I will describe that due course in a separate post.


Take care,
Les
Last edited by Les; Aug 23, 2017 @ 4:02am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 70 comments
carter20024 Sep 3, 2017 @ 5:01am 
###SPOILERS### (kinda)

Finished the game, both parts were really good, but 1 thing i noticed was that in the dwarf section the reason for the ending wasn't that clear lol..just a bunch of assumptions with no actual proof...which is a total dward move, but..would be nice to know if it was or wasn't him that did the thing :)
Les  [developer] Sep 3, 2017 @ 6:16am 
Originally posted by carter20024:
###SPOILERS### (kinda)

Finished the game, both parts were really good, but 1 thing i noticed was that in the dwarf section the reason for the ending wasn't that clear lol..just a bunch of assumptions with no actual proof...which is a total dward move, but..would be nice to know if it was or wasn't him that did the thing :)

Yh, it was him all the way. I will improve last conversations so it's clear.
DoomSnail Sep 3, 2017 @ 11:22am 
Currently running the dryad campaign, loving the fun conversations btw, and got to the point where i can buy some holy weapons.
Now it seems that that Balvar, the Drider guy, is capable of equipping said holy weapons, for example the Saint's Warhammer. From the description of the Driders it sounds like these aren't really holy creatures seeing as they can even use demonic forms of magic.
Or am i just reading too much into the lore, i can be a bit of a lore buff at times :3
zakblood Sep 5, 2017 @ 4:32am 
maybe give the money back on units bought but not used, eg by mistake, as nothing etc like training of updating has happened on them, so imo maybe one click on the wrong unit and buying then selling at no return, could be something that's changed? only my opinion, on easy money is never a issue anyway, but on other settings, yes it can be at times, just an idea and thought, only after i wrongly clicked, yes i can go back and chose the pre save and carry on, so no big deal either way, just a thought :)
Les  [developer] Sep 5, 2017 @ 5:27am 
@DoomSnail,
Actually this lore-adjustment suggestion does makes sense! I should have thought of that before. Problem with fixing it now is some people might have based their build on holy weapons and they will be mad :-(
I will wait few weeks when players number drops and make a patch to disable holy weapons for drider.

@zakblood
Yh, I see why it's needed - people can spend 10-15 min upgrading their army and them click by mistake on recruit.
I have to think on solution, but I think disbanding newly recruited units for gold should be fine.

Thanks guys!!!
Last edited by Les; Sep 5, 2017 @ 5:27am
Les  [developer] Sep 8, 2017 @ 3:52pm 
Disbanding an unit will give back gold (but only recruitable units) now - just patched
zakblood Sep 8, 2017 @ 10:11pm 
thanks
Les  [developer] Sep 11, 2017 @ 3:29pm 
Heroes will give +1 HP, to make Nairi a bit tougher.

I have tinkered a bit with geometry to allow your allies to squeeze a bit more between your troops.

Control plant spell is now move-and-use type.

Also, units have kills counter now too.
Last edited by Les; Sep 12, 2017 @ 1:00am
Les  [developer] Sep 24, 2017 @ 7:10am 
There are updated rules for racial animosity Morale penalties/bonuses:

- non-evil don't like Undead, Demons and Necromancers (-1 Morale)
- priests especially don't like evil (-3 Morale)

- humanoids don't like greenskins (-1 Morale)
- greenskins don't like humanoids (-1 Morale)

- all humanoids army will get +1 Morale
- all greenskins army will get +1 Morale
- all plants army will get +1 Morale

Heroes, Beasts, Constructs, Elementals and units with Charm are ignored when determining Morale penalties
zakblood Sep 24, 2017 @ 7:12am 
thanks boss :)
willsama974 Oct 10, 2017 @ 1:54am 
Would like to have the total xp earned by units on their sheet as i have serious issues sorting my Undead band (always reaching maximum number of troops available on roster after each battle).
Adding a / on the XP line would be awesome (current/total).
Cherry on top:
Sort units /xp /type...
One more thing that could be great for the Raise Dead skill would be to preview what unit will spawn by hovering over the remains (i always raise everyone after battle to check what i could get, i also forget where that "seems special" dude died durong battle).
Les  [developer] Oct 10, 2017 @ 2:19am 
Originally posted by willsama974:
Would like to have the total xp earned by units on their sheet as i have serious issues sorting my Undead band (always reaching maximum number of troops available on roster after each battle).
Adding a / on the XP line would be awesome (current/total).
Cherry on top:
Sort units /xp /type...
One more thing that could be great for the Raise Dead skill would be to preview what unit will spawn by hovering over the remains (i always raise everyone after battle to check what i could get, i also forget where that "seems special" dude died durong battle).

There is a total experience shown when you are disbanding unit, but it does make sense to show it somewhere else - I have added it on TODO list

Sorting makes sense too - onto TODO list

Tooltips on dead bodies is very sensible, but might be difficult technically now. It will probably need to wait till GUI redesign. I have added it there:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/431700/discussions/0/2132869574260127070/
willsama974 Oct 10, 2017 @ 2:27am 
Cool! Yep, already read that, pretty meaty :) Looking forward to any bit of progress with hype and excitment ;)
I'm still working on modifying existing units to create new ones (slowly as i'm not skilled at all with Gimp2 and the colourblindness will require a second pair of eyes to correct things up).
Might push unfinished stuff with placeholders and update as i go so i can get feedback.
Les  [developer] Oct 10, 2017 @ 2:38am 
Originally posted by willsama974:
I'm still working on modifying existing units to create new ones (slowly as i'm not skilled at all with Gimp2 and the colourblindness will require a second pair of eyes to correct things up).
Might push unfinished stuff with placeholders and update as i go so i can get feedback.

Sure! Let me know if you want me to check anything there :-)

The modding is very flexible and AI will adjust itself to 99% of setups, but there are some aspects that need manual tuning.
Last edited by Les; Oct 10, 2017 @ 2:39am
willsama974 Oct 10, 2017 @ 4:38am 
Will get your way when it comes, the guide as been pretty clear so far.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 70 comments
Per page: 15 30 50