River City Ransom: Underground

River City Ransom: Underground

View Stats:
TemmieNeko Jun 25, 2017 @ 9:14pm
R.C.R.U. Soundtrack + Alex Mauer's DMCA-strike-a-thon.
She's starting a war over Starr MAzer:DSP and everythign else she's worked on, she just brought up how she made that soundtrack, and I would be worried for content creators with footage of the game, as she has DMCA'd everything from Starr Mazer Dsp, to turner broadcasting, and even Deathroad to canada.
be warned , everyone!
This is not a joke.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 27 comments
Streetwize Jun 25, 2017 @ 10:11pm 
For fuuuck's sake... This again?!
Last edited by Streetwize; Jun 25, 2017 @ 10:25pm
Kero Frog Jun 26, 2017 @ 1:00am 
Did she have a hand in RCRU's soundtrack?
Mabec Jun 26, 2017 @ 1:38am 
Here is the soundtrack in question. It can't be purchased thru Steam. Backers had the option for it tho.

http://music.disasterpeace.com/album/ram-son
Kero Frog Jun 26, 2017 @ 2:13am 
So, that's a yes. Welp, glad my stuff didn't have sound.
Andrew  [developer] Jun 26, 2017 @ 4:49am 
As far as I know, she hasn't DMCA'd any RCRU videos. Based on what she has posted online, I don't think she will.

Certainly our policy remains that you can upload and monetize gameplay footage from RCRU, including with the in-game music.

If anything happens to the contrary, please get in touch with us!
zayfard Jun 27, 2017 @ 4:18am 
Originally posted by Andrew:
As far as I know, she hasn't DMCA'd any RCRU videos. Based on what she has posted online, I don't think she will.

Certainly our policy remains that you can upload and monetize gameplay footage from RCRU, including with the in-game music.

If anything happens to the contrary, please get in touch with us!

Does your game have any of her music in?
TemmieNeko Jun 27, 2017 @ 7:03am 
Originally posted by zayfard:
Originally posted by Andrew:
As far as I know, she hasn't DMCA'd any RCRU videos. Based on what she has posted online, I don't think she will.

Certainly our policy remains that you can upload and monetize gameplay footage from RCRU, including with the in-game music.

If anything happens to the contrary, please get in touch with us!

Does your game have any of her music in?
Yeah she worked on it, and is credited as "Lexi" in the credits.
But it's fine, no wories about this game's soundtrack.
At least her DMCA mania won't affect this one.
zayfard Jun 27, 2017 @ 7:06am 
Originally posted by TemmieNeko:
Originally posted by zayfard:

Does your game have any of her music in?
Yeah she worked on it, and is credited as "Lexi" in the credits.
But it's fine, no wories about this game's soundtrack.
At least her DMCA mania won't affect this one.

Thank heavens. I don't want to think anyone else could get hit by this. Hope it all goes well for you with this case
Xinister Jun 27, 2017 @ 12:34pm 
Well I can confirm as of now she has been banned from the Starr Mazer DSP forums, so she could be going on a rampage I know she has also issued DMCA against videos of duck game... But how many she has hit I do not know...

But yeah be careful
TemmieNeko Jun 27, 2017 @ 12:37pm 
Originally posted by Xinister:
Well I can confirm as of now she has been banned from the Starr Mazer DSP forums, so she could be going on a rampage I know she has also issued DMCA against videos of duck game... But how many she has hit I do not know...

But yeah be careful
duck game got restored.
Xinister Jun 27, 2017 @ 12:55pm 
Originally posted by TemmieNeko:
Originally posted by Xinister:
Well I can confirm as of now she has been banned from the Starr Mazer DSP forums, so she could be going on a rampage I know she has also issued DMCA against videos of duck game... But how many she has hit I do not know...

But yeah be careful
duck game got restored.
Ah good to know :) Thx for the update, trying to follow as much as I can :)
Spazzard Jun 27, 2017 @ 1:25pm 
she?
TemmieNeko Jun 27, 2017 @ 1:48pm 
Originally posted by spazzard:
she?
Alex wishes to be called a she. So I respect that tiny shred of human decency.
m to F transgender.
Last edited by TemmieNeko; Jun 27, 2017 @ 1:48pm
TemmieNeko Jun 29, 2017 @ 10:11am 
Originally posted by Andrew:
As far as I know, she hasn't DMCA'd any RCRU videos. Based on what she has posted online, I don't think she will.

Certainly our policy remains that you can upload and monetize gameplay footage from RCRU, including with the in-game music.

If anything happens to the contrary, please get in touch with us!
She sent me an emial saying somehting about " you not being able to use Lexi and Cheap Disaster.

I have removed all RCRU videos, As I cant afford to get mroe DMCA strikes.
This person needs ot be stopped.
Streetwize Jun 29, 2017 @ 10:25am 
Seems like she gave up on Starmazer and went after other games. She will be taken to court although this was related to said game instead of RCR:U. Still might be worth contacting him and bringing this up.

There's a gofundme page that explains a lot of what's going on; can't link it here.
Last edited by Streetwize; Jun 29, 2017 @ 10:26am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 27 comments
Per page: 15 30 50

Date Posted: Jun 25, 2017 @ 9:14pm
Posts: 27