Planetbase

Planetbase

View Stats:
Planetbase > General Discussions > Topic Details
planetbase 2
i know there is no official confirmation that they even started making this game and it may never come, but i am just curiour, what would you like to see most in a new planetbase game?

personally, i'd like bigger maps an a less tedious way to do terraforming. something like a tool where you just select an area to be flattened and then your dudes go out and flatten it, if they don't have anything more important to do.

maybe also real terraforming, like an extremely expensive structure that you can build and that is able to make an atmosphere for planets that don't have one, so that wind turbines become available, and also generally changes a planet so it becomes less dangerous (less chance for sand storms, solar flares, etc.) of course, like i said, it should be very expensive so it will not be op.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 34 comments
Toxicity Aug 4 @ 11:06am 
I like your ideas lol. It would provide a good end-game type of experience.
As much as I'd like the idea of being able to instantly smash down a hill to make a flat area for building, it is a game. So, I'd be ok with having to build a structure and have workers toil for a period of time in order to remove the soil in order to flatten and prepare an area for building. Maybe even gain some metals in the process.

But the main thing I want is better management features. A list feature to tell me how many beds, how many of each plant, how many spares machines, etc. And the ability to click on an item in the list and have my focus goto that module like when you get the O2 warning popup. I find myself keeping manual lists of structures and items with tally marks to keep count so I feel anytime I'm making a list manually there is an opportunity to have the game present that information in a useful manner.
Last edited by casualsailor; Aug 4 @ 12:18pm
Luzilyo Aug 4 @ 1:52pm 
yes, like i said, terraforming should be an actual job that needs people and time to complete.
Originally posted by Luzilyo:
[...] terraforming. [...] then your dudes go out and flatten it, if they don't have anything more important to do.
what i meant is, you select a certain area, and then your workers will go there and work for some time until it is flattened.
another good idea would be to just place the structure wherever you want, but your workers will have to flatten the land before the construction can begin so if more land needs to be flattened, it will take longer before you can get your building.

a list would certainly be a nice addition as well.
Malak Aug 4 @ 5:50pm 
Attack Bots!
Originally posted by Malak:
Attack Bots!
Why does everyone want this game to be about warfare?
Luzilyo Aug 4 @ 7:10pm 
not neccessarily warfare but the ability of using security bots instead of guards would be pretty nice. then i could have the bots fight and my guards wouldn't have to risk their lives as often.

maybe it could also be used with a new item for the control center, "bot remote control station" or something like that. the station has to be manned by 1 guard and can control 5 security bots. so, for every 5 security bots, you'd need 1 bot control manned with a guard. that way, you could have less guards and keep them inside the control station while the bots do the dangerous tasks of shooting intruders and the guards do not need to risk their lives.

of course, security bots would also have to be expensive to buy, need a patent that is more expansive than the patents for the other bots and would also require more things for manufacturing (maybe something like 1 metal, 1 bioplastic, 2 semiconductors and 1 weapon). due to them being more complex than the other bots, they'd also need their own bot workshop and it wouldn't be possible to build them in the regular bot workshops where the other bots are built.
Last edited by Luzilyo; Aug 4 @ 7:21pm
Malak Aug 4 @ 8:42pm 
Bots don't sleep so much better than human guards.
Luzilyo Aug 4 @ 9:22pm 
yes, that too. though, for my idea the bots would still require a guard to be awake so he can control them.
Luzilyo Aug 5 @ 7:40pm 
i think another cool thing would be the ability to prioritize individual machines instead of having to always prioritize an entire room. for example, maybe i need a lot of metal but also some bioplastic so i want them to always go to the metal processors first but also still keep working on the bioplastic processors, if the metal processors are already being used. of course in bigger bases it doesn't make much difference, then you can just make a whole processing plant full of metal processors and another one full of bioplastic processors. but in smaller bases, where you have to put both in the same room it would be much better to just prioritize whatever you need most instead of always having to go there and manually switching things on and off.

oh yes, and the emergency transmissions should be a popup and pause the game, instead of just being this little noficiation thing in the bottom left. would be much harder to miss that way, and if i don't want to accept anyone, i could still hit "dismiss"

also, a patent for a new medical bed which helps to stabilize the patients, meaning when they lay in it, they will not lose any more health, giving the doctors more time to get to the medbay. could be particularly useful if you run out of medical components or if the doctor who is right next to the medical bay decides to walk past it and completely ignore any patients while another doctor on the other end of the base tries to sprint there in time. of course, this special bed would be pretty powerful so the patent as well as the bed itself would also need to be rather expensive (for the patent, i think it should be somewhere around 400 base value, the beds should probably cost 1 bioplastic and 1 or 2 semiconductors).
Last edited by Luzilyo; Aug 5 @ 7:56pm
Malak Aug 5 @ 8:00pm 
Well for the first one have factories dedicated to just metal or plastic.
Luzilyo Aug 5 @ 8:25pm 
Originally posted by Luzilyo:
i think another cool thing would be the ability to prioritize individual machines instead of having to always prioritize an entire room. for example, maybe i need a lot of metal but also some bioplastic so i want them to always go to the metal processors first but also still keep working on the bioplastic processors, if the metal processors are already being used. of course in bigger bases it doesn't make much difference, then you can just make a whole processing plant full of metal processors and another one full of bioplastic processors. but in smaller bases, where you have to put both in the same room it would be much better to just prioritize whatever you need most instead of always having to go there and manually switching things on and off.

oh yes, and the emergency transmissions should be a popup and pause the game, instead of just being this little noficiation thing in the bottom left. would be much harder to miss that way, and if i don't want to accept anyone, i could still hit "dismiss"

also, a patent for a new medical bed which helps to stabilize the patients, meaning when they lay in it, they will not lose any more health, giving the doctors more time to get to the medbay. could be particularly useful if you run out of medical components or if the doctor who is right next to the medical bay decides to walk past it and completely ignore any patients while another doctor on the other end of the base tries to sprint there in time. of course, this special bed would be pretty powerful so the patent as well as the bed itself would also need to be rather expensive (for the patent, i think it should be somewhere around 400 base value, the beds should probably cost 1 bioplastic and 1 or 2 semiconductors).
that aside, i think another cool thing would be to have more detailed alarm-settings. for example, one that is specifically for environmental dangers and only makes people go and stay inside but doesn't do anything else. or a medical alert that makes doctors work for longer but everone else will keep doing whatever they're doing without getting interrupted.
Mistfox Aug 5 @ 9:05pm 
Work shifts. I had a group of medics for day/night duties to keep visitors from dying but they all decided they wanted to do morning shift only. Poor radiation poisoned visitors that came at night. They never left.
Luzilyo Aug 5 @ 9:24pm 
yes, also a very useful idea. it already can be somewhat regulated by limiting the number of beds, but then you might still end up with something like medics + engineers working during the day and biologists working during the night, etc, so it is not exactly what i'd call ideal.
Malak Aug 6 @ 5:17am 
When they are tired, they sleep, and then soon as rested enough to work, they are available. The radioactive guys was just bad timing. Shifts would be a good idea though. We are supposed to the managers, so let us manage better.
Mistfox Aug 6 @ 3:07pm 
Originally posted by Malak:
When they are tired, they sleep, and then soon as rested enough to work, they are available. The radioactive guys was just bad timing. Shifts would be a good idea though. We are supposed to the managers, so let us manage better.

The problem you don't get Malak is that they ALL sleep at night, the 'sleep check' is done at a specific segment of time, not only due to physical need. I very specifically got 2x the number of medics needed for this but during the day half of them will walk all over the base while the other half works, then EVERYONE will go to sleep. This is also reflected in guard behaviour so there are times when your base is near defenceless.

Just see how many people are moving around your base at night.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 34 comments
Per page: 15 30 50

Planetbase > General Discussions > Topic Details