The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing: Final Cut

The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing: Final Cut

SiegfriedM Jan 3, 2016 @ 3:51am
Differences between Final Cut and Anthology?
I've seen on Steam there are 2 complete Van Helsing packs. The Final Cut and the Anthology.
The Final Cut seems to be the best and remastered version. So..why Anthology is more expensive?
< >
Showing 1-15 of 49 comments
Psojed Jan 3, 2016 @ 5:08am 
Hi, there are two differences.

With Anthology you get 5 games, VH1, VH2, VH3 and Deathtrap. Having those, you can get VH:Final Cut using their key redemption, so essentially it's 5 standalone games, that's why it costs more. If you buy just Final Cut, you get only 1 game.

The second difference is between the individual games.
In Final Cut, you get 6 classes identical from Van Helsing 3, the whole Van Helsing story with level limit = 100 and the revisited adventure mode = a monster arena + map scenarios taken from the story maps, which get randomly generated goals (escort 5 civilians, find and kill specific monster, run across the map as a chicken, ...).

In Anthology, you get:
Van Helsing 1 - first part of the story, but you play 3 different classes (in my opinion, much better designed than those in Final Cut). You have the Scenarios from first part of the story + you get a Neverending Story, which is an equivalent of New Game+ (you play the same story again, but you keep your levelled character). Since your character is capped at lvl 30, in Neverending Story only your gameplay and gear can improve, but monsters get stronger with each map you advance, which is a great challenge if you are up for it and I can personally recommend it.

Van Helsing 2 - second part of the story, you can import your VH1 character and thus continue the story with the 3 different classes. Level cap = 60, again you get Scenarios, but no more Neverending Story.

Van Helsing 3 - final part of the story, but you CANNOT import from VH2 anymore, because they killed the 3 classes and created 6 new classes. Level cap is once again only lvl 30.

Final Cut (key must be redeemed first) - see "The second difference" above.

Deathtrap - different game based on the same engine - a mix between ARPG and tower defense game. This takes the tower defense sections from the Van Helsing game, expands them and adds new classes to play throughout the Deathtrap campaign. This game comes with an editor and supports steam community, so community can create their own tower defense maps and you can play those too.
Psojed Jan 3, 2016 @ 5:32am 
So I checked the prices in that Anthology, and don't buy it, the individual games are better and you save some money.

If you are not interested in tower defense, but you want the classes and features that were removed from Final Cut, buy the individual games:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/215530/ - Van Helsing 1
http://store.steampowered.com/app/215536/ - VH1 DLC Arcane Mechanic (2nd class)
http://store.steampowered.com/app/215535/ - VH1 DLC Thaumaturge (3rd class)
http://store.steampowered.com/app/215534/ - VH1 DLC Katarina's secondary skill tree
http://store.steampowered.com/app/272470/ - Van Helsing 2
The DLCs for VH2 are not worth their prices, do not buy.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/359900/ - Van Helsing 3
-> You get Final Cut for free.
Total price: 25,99 €

If you want the Deathtrap RPG/tower defense too, you get a total price of 32,78 €, which is better than the Anthology. If you buy it individually, you leave out:
- one ♥♥♥♥♥♥ DLC for Van Helsing 2, which gets included in the Final Cut for free.
- soundtrack of one game (yes, they sell soundtrack from only one of the three games ...). Soundtracks are also available for free when you buy the game - you can find them in your game files.
animalmagic Oct 26, 2016 @ 11:53pm 
Many thanks for this
you have saved me wasting some money and cleared up a bit of confusion

so now im thinking buying
The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing Franchise Pack 29.99 is the best best for the complete VH1 and 2.
Night[owl] Oct 27, 2016 @ 6:22pm 
Originally posted by animalmagic:
Many thanks for this
you have saved me wasting some money and cleared up a bit of confusion

so now im thinking buying
The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing Franchise Pack 29.99 is the best best for the complete VH1 and 2.

There have been rather often sales on VH1, VH2 and VH3 which would make it possible to save even more money, if you aren't in a hurry to buy all those three to get Final Cut.
Valkyrie_Neocore Oct 28, 2016 @ 2:38am 
Originally posted by Psojed:
Hi, there are two differences.

With Anthology you get 5 games, VH1, VH2, VH3 and Deathtrap. Having those, you can get VH:Final Cut using their key redemption, so essentially it's 5 standalone games, that's why it costs more. If you buy just Final Cut, you get only 1 game.

The second difference is between the individual games.
In Final Cut, you get 6 classes identical from Van Helsing 3, the whole Van Helsing story with level limit = 100 and the revisited adventure mode = a monster arena + map scenarios taken from the story maps, which get randomly generated goals (escort 5 civilians, find and kill specific monster, run across the map as a chicken, ...).

In Anthology, you get:
Van Helsing 1 - first part of the story, but you play 3 different classes (in my opinion, much better designed than those in Final Cut). You have the Scenarios from first part of the story + you get a Neverending Story, which is an equivalent of New Game+ (you play the same story again, but you keep your levelled character). Since your character is capped at lvl 30, in Neverending Story only your gameplay and gear can improve, but monsters get stronger with each map you advance, which is a great challenge if you are up for it and I can personally recommend it.

Van Helsing 2 - second part of the story, you can import your VH1 character and thus continue the story with the 3 different classes. Level cap = 60, again you get Scenarios, but no more Neverending Story.

Van Helsing 3 - final part of the story, but you CANNOT import from VH2 anymore, because they killed the 3 classes and created 6 new classes. Level cap is once again only lvl 30.

Final Cut (key must be redeemed first) - see "The second difference" above.

Deathtrap - different game based on the same engine - a mix between ARPG and tower defense game. This takes the tower defense sections from the Van Helsing game, expands them and adds new classes to play throughout the Deathtrap campaign. This game comes with an editor and supports steam community, so community can create their own tower defense maps and you can play those too.

Wow it's a more detailed description than the official one :D
Psojed Oct 28, 2016 @ 6:45am 
Thanks :steamhappy:
animalmagic Oct 28, 2016 @ 7:48am 
Originally posted by Nightowl:
Originally posted by animalmagic:
Many thanks for this
you have saved me wasting some money and cleared up a bit of confusion

so now im thinking buying
The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing Franchise Pack 29.99 is the best best for the complete VH1 and 2.

There have been rather often sales on VH1, VH2 and VH3 which would make it possible to save even more money, if you aren't in a hurry to buy all those three to get Final Cut.

Thanks
I went for VH1 and the 3 DLC's £15, im really enjoying it.
The game is on sale now, everything is basically < $2
Fenris Jun 4 @ 5:56pm 
Yeah, 4,50€ pour the final cut. (VH1+VH2+VH3)
Originally posted by Psojed:
So I checked the prices in that Anthology, and don't buy it, the individual games are better and you save some money.

If you are not interested in tower defense, but you want the classes and features that were removed from Final Cut, buy the individual games:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/215530/ - Van Helsing 1
http://store.steampowered.com/app/215536/ - VH1 DLC Arcane Mechanic (2nd class)
http://store.steampowered.com/app/215535/ - VH1 DLC Thaumaturge (3rd class)
http://store.steampowered.com/app/215534/ - VH1 DLC Katarina's secondary skill tree
http://store.steampowered.com/app/272470/ - Van Helsing 2
The DLCs for VH2 are not worth their prices, do not buy.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/359900/ - Van Helsing 3
-> You get Final Cut for free.
Total price: 25,99 €

If you want the Deathtrap RPG/tower defense too, you get a total price of 32,78 €, which is better than the Anthology. If you buy it individually, you leave out:
- one ♥♥♥♥♥♥ DLC for Van Helsing 2, which gets included in the Final Cut for free.
- soundtrack of one game (yes, they sell soundtrack from only one of the three games ...). Soundtracks are also available for free when you buy the game - you can find them in your game files.
Hi guys just wanna make sure one thing: once I get Val Helsing 1,2,3 (3 games), I'll get a free key for Val Helsing final cut right? Is this still work now?
ppincon Jun 4 @ 11:51pm 
That's what i wanna know too :lunar2019deadpanpig:
Right now, depending on which of the games/dlc from Anthology you already own, it may be cheaper to buy the separate items. Anthology has a fixed price, and it does not work like Steam bundles.
Instructions on how to redeem Final Cut can be found on the publisher's website: https://neocoregames.com/en/community/hub/how-to-redeem-final-cut
It seems that all relevant dlc's are included in Final Cut {LINK REMOVED}. In other words, if you're not interested in playing the three base games separately, and you only want to play Final Cut do not waste money on their dlc's. Just make sure you have VH1+2+3, then follow the redemption procedure I linked in my previous post.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 49 comments
Per page: 15 30 50