Prospekt
Prospekt > General Discussions > Topic Details
Butter Cream Feb 10, 2016 @ 10:22am
 .
Last edited by Butter Cream; Feb 18, 2016 @ 9:31am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 24 comments
Khorps Feb 10, 2016 @ 11:17am 
16
Prosecutor Lurker Feb 13, 2016 @ 5:40am 
Yeah. paid game...

This practice will now affect every hl2 mod to have a price tag because fuq the source community.

Even if he spent milenias working on this, it sill is a "PAID MOD".

Even if I sound ignorant, or very provocative. It's simply because when I was getting the hl2 games i thought that every mod or fanmade modification of the source engine will be free. And I've seen modders who solely took on big obsticles to deliver and never put their content behind paywalls.
mastaflex Feb 13, 2016 @ 8:13am 
Originally posted by Prosecutor Lurker#nihilo-satanis:
Yeah. paid game...

This practice will now affect every hl2 mod to have a price tag because fuq the source community.

Even if he spent milenias working on this, it sill is a "PAID MOD".

Even if I sound ignorant, or very provocative. It's simply because when I was getting the hl2 games i thought that every mod or fanmade modification of the source engine will be free. And I've seen modders who solely took on big obsticles to deliver and never put their content behind paywalls.

I doubt it's going to negatively affect future HL mods. The guy paid 25k for licensing or whatever so I doubt a lot of modders are in a position to do the same. When I bought HL2 when it first came out I was happy with only HL2, how times and expectations have changed.
Pathfinder Feb 13, 2016 @ 9:10am 
Originally posted by Prosecutor Lurker#nihilo-satanis:
it sill is a "PAID MOD". Even if I sound ignorant, because i thought that every mod of the source engine will be free. And I've seen modders who never put their content behind paywalls.

You are wrong.
Nobody can sell mods because of the license restrictions of IP rights owner.
So "never put their content behind paywalls" is just the consequence of this restriction.
But good mods often became released as standalone game, like Garry's Mod, Counter Strike and many others.
Butter Cream Feb 13, 2016 @ 3:47pm 
Originally posted by Pathfinder:

You are wrong.
Nobody can sell mods because of the license restrictions of IP rights owner.
So "never put their content behind paywalls" is just the consequence of this restriction.
But good mods often became released as standalone game, like Garry's Mod, Counter Strike and many others.
+1
Well said, thanks for using your noggin.
Last edited by Butter Cream; Feb 13, 2016 @ 3:56pm
Khorps Feb 13, 2016 @ 4:10pm 
Originally posted by RedEye:
Originally posted by Pathfinder:

You are wrong.
Nobody can sell mods because of the license restrictions of IP rights owner.
So "never put their content behind paywalls" is just the consequence of this restriction.
But good mods often became released as standalone game, like Garry's Mod, Counter Strike and many others.
+1
Well said, thanks for using your noggin.
and thank you for constantly deleting your own posts, it totally doesnt make u look like a queer
Prosecutor Lurker Feb 13, 2016 @ 5:04pm 
RedEye pls....

I just want free mods for 2004 game :steamsad:
Butter Cream Feb 14, 2016 @ 9:32am 
Originally posted by Khorps:
Originally posted by RedEye:

+1
Well said, thanks for using your noggin.
and thank you for constantly improving your own posts, it totally makes u look like a hero
Thanks for getting BANNED from the Black Mesa forums you silly OCD twit.
R U Crying because I ignored your friend request.
LOLZ


Originally posted by Prseutor Lurkernihilo-atanis:
I just want free mods for 2004 game :steamsad:
There are plenty of free mods, but don't cry here because you're cheap.
Khorps Feb 14, 2016 @ 3:21pm 
Originally posted by RedEye:
Originally posted by Khorps:
and thank you for constantly improving your own posts, it totally makes u look like a hero
Thanks for getting BANNED from the Black Mesa forums you silly OCD twit.
R U Crying because I ignored your friend request.
LOLZ

>editing quotes
>ding!

im banned from a great deal of forums including TF2, gmod and BM

but I think my biggest achievement yet is getting 2 last warnings from a steam community moderator on the csgo forums

and no, im not crying, i already have alot of forum regs on my firendslist
Prosecutor Lurker Feb 14, 2016 @ 5:47pm 
Don't you want to live in a decade where every source mode was free, even the good ones that deserve to include a pricetag. I knew the guy said he couldn't employ the donation system for this because he quit his job and invested a lot of cash for the license. Least modding back in the days was to showcase skill and knowledge. By putting a price for that content, doesn't really define if somebody should support you or not. And if the developer doesn't deliver as promised on release day, I won't be the only one "crying" and "being" cheap.

But even if you sold your soul to it, it doesn't cross it out as a paid mod. There is too little in this product which is custom made to say otherwise. And by putting titles like cheap and crying on people who are contradicting your cognitive pattern, don't really earn you debate points.

And yes, i'm perfectly fine with using other game engines to justify retail of a product. But this product that has the price tag just doesn't cut it for me. If you are fine with paying for the product, more power to you. But what I see with the recent products on steam tells me that more and more paidmods will appear.
And I will see a RedEye everytime defending them.

I have no problem getting this when it hits discounts, same experience for half the price. If being cheap is using your wallet reasnoably and budgetly is, so be it. I'll have a fancy dinner and a game, where you are left with just a game and a very good reason to shout at everybody for criticizing the product.
Last edited by Prosecutor Lurker; Feb 14, 2016 @ 6:43pm
Comrade Suhov Feb 15, 2016 @ 1:15am 
I can't remember good Source single-player mods in HL universe other than Black Mesa, Fake Factory's CM (version 9 at least) and Research and Development.
I hope that Prospekt would be that good to justify it's price.
Khorps Feb 15, 2016 @ 7:39am 
Originally posted by Comrade Suhov:
I can't remember good Source single-player mods in HL universe other than Black Mesa, Fake Factory's CM (version 9 at least) and Research and Development.
I hope that Prospekt would be that good to justify it's price.
you haven't played many mods then have you? Mission Improbable is goood
Butter Cream Feb 15, 2016 @ 11:50am 
Originally posted by Prosecutor Lurker#nihilo-satanis:
SNIP /unintelligible rant
TLDR
I tried to read it, but you either talk in circles or google translate is not your friend.
Originally posted by Khorps:

>ding!

im banned from a great deal of forums including TF2, gmod and BM
With more bans to come I'm sure. What an awesome thing to be so proud of. /sarc

And that sums it up.
Maki Feb 15, 2016 @ 11:55am 
Paid game, paid mod, it's all semantics, really.

All that really matters is whether or not it's fun to play and justifies its $10 price tag in light of a dozen other high quality mods that are already out there for free.
Khorps Feb 15, 2016 @ 12:06pm 
Originally posted by RedEye:
Originally posted by Prosecutor Lurker#nihilo-satanis:
SNIP /unintelligible rant
TLDR
I tried to read it, but you either talk in circles or google translate is not your friend.
Originally posted by Khorps:

>ding!

im banned from a great deal of forums including TF2, gmod and BM
With more bans to come I'm sure. What an awesome thing to be so proud of. /sarc

And that sums it up.
permas themselves are not so great but you have to admit 2 "last" warnings is pretty bizzare
< >
Showing 1-15 of 24 comments
Per page: 15 30 50

Prospekt > General Discussions > Topic Details
Date Posted: Feb 10, 2016 @ 10:22am
Posts: 24