STORE COMMUNITY ABOUT SUPPORT
login | language
简体中文 (Simplified Chinese) 繁體中文 (Traditional Chinese) 日本語 (Japanese) 한국어 (Korean) ไทย (Thai) Български (Bulgarian) Čeština (Czech) Dansk (Danish) Deutsch (German) Español - España (Spanish - Spain) Español - Latinoamérica (Spanish - Latin America) Ελληνικά (Greek) Français (French) Italiano (Italian) Magyar (Hungarian) Nederlands (Dutch) Norsk (Norwegian) Polski (Polish) Português (Portuguese - Portugal) Português - Brasil (Portuguese - Brazil) Română (Romanian) Русский (Russian) Suomi (Finnish) Svenska (Swedish) Türkçe (Turkish) Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese) Українська (Ukrainian) Report a translation problem
probably, Guess the settlments are often under attack/got problems with ghouls and raiders. on the other side i did find allot of cool stuff clearing the buildings i got led to by those quest but i usually always get the mission to help out Abernathy farm, and i cleared out all the places they send me to 2 times :P
The Garvey quests are procedurally generated as long as you don't advance the Minutemen questline, I think. I have done loads of them because that way you find new places to build settlements, new enemies, new stuff and gear. I wanted to have some good perks before I continue the main quest.
I usually dont use fast travel when i play those rpg fps but in this game it's almost mandatory if you don't want to fail them.
There should be an option to ask him for those quests instead of having him give them automatically right after you turn in the old one.
Only way to avoid those quest is to either complete the quest and not turn them in (instead of reporting to preston you can just leave them and they will get completed after a while) or run away from him right after you turn them in.
So basically you avoid him . How the ♥♥♥♥ can i RP with those stupid conditions?
Please fix this annoying mechanic!
Yes it would be much more better if you can ask those quests and its not like when you see Garvey and then he just give you another mission like it or not...
Yes but it is still annoying thing.. It would be muchmuch better if you just can ask those quests..
I'm the general. YOU go do it, Preston! All you do is sit around and stare at the test pattern on TV anyways.
Edit: HAH! Figured it out, via suggestions from elsewhere and a little trial and error. Here's the rundown:
1. Walk up to Preston and talk to him to start turning in the quest. He'll say a random thank-you/grats line.
2. Stay in front of Preston for the moment. He will now say something along the lines of "I have a new mission for you." Let him say this first line, otherwise the turn-in XP doesn't seem to pop properly in the next step.
3. As Preston is beginning to speak the first few words of the actual mission, walk/run away from him slightly and bring up your Pip-boy the moment you see the XP reward for the quest you just turned in. (If you stay standing there staring at Preston, the Pip-boy seems unresponsive. To be safe, you want to at least stay within earshot for this step or the turn-in XP may not pop.)
4. Fast-travel to somewhere else (Red Rocket Truck Stop will do).
5. Wait a few moments to make sure the new mission didn't register. Bask in the glow of the quest reward XP.
6. Done! :D
I managed to do this for two quests in a row, fast-traveling to Red Rocket Truck Stop both times without the new quest registering. Take that, Preston!
Thanks for this. It was really getting anoying the frequency at which he gives out quests. Right now he gives me a new quests every time I turn one in so there is never a point I don't have a quest. I'd prefer if the frequency of quests was turned way down or you had to talk to him to begin a quest. It feels like the only person doing absolutely anything in the minutemen is me.