FINAL FANTASY X/X-2 HD Remaster

FINAL FANTASY X/X-2 HD Remaster

View Stats:
FFX-2 is 100% worth achieving?[SPOILERS]
I'm a casual FF player, and from what I've read online, all you get with 100% completion is the extra cutscene at the end. All I care about is getting the good ending, which from what I've read can be achieved without having 100% completion. So is it safe for me to skip cutscenes and start playing blindly now?
< >
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
Hinnyuu Jan 1, 2017 @ 4:14am 
Personally I did find the extra cutscene for 100% a bit disappointing, but the good ending is definitely more satisfying than the other ones. That ending needs like 90ish% if I remember correctly, which is totally doable with a thorough but naive (i.e. not using walkthroughs) playthrough. I think I had 91% or something the very first time I finished the game, without reading any outside info of any kind.
Wurt_Da_Fah Jan 1, 2017 @ 6:29am 
Originally posted by Hinnyuu:
Personally I did find the extra cutscene for 100% a bit disappointing, but the good ending is definitely more satisfying than the other ones. That ending needs like 90ish% if I remember correctly, which is totally doable with a thorough but naive (i.e. not using walkthroughs) playthrough. I think I had 91% or something the very first time I finished the game, without reading any outside info of any kind.
cool, from what I've read you need to do certain things, but it isn't as bad as trying to get 100%.
Hinnyuu Jan 1, 2017 @ 8:53am 
Getting 100% is hard even WITH a walkthrough (in one game, of course; it's quite easy if you include NG+). There are a thousand tiny little things where you can screw up without even realizing, and never really be sure what happened, exactly.
DRUNK_CANADIAN Jan 1, 2017 @ 11:19pm 
Or you could just watch it?

Honestly FFX-2 isn't even worth playing again....good combat, absolute ass story lol.

FFX is one of my fav FF games, I almost found X-2 detracted from the greatness that was X.
pre-eminence Jan 1, 2017 @ 11:25pm 
Originally posted by DRUNK_CANADIAN:
Or you could just watch it?

Honestly FFX-2 isn't even worth playing again....good combat, absolute ass story lol.

FFX is one of my fav FF games, I almost found X-2 detracted from the greatness that was X.

Yeah you must be drunk.
Telling someone to watch a story you felt was 'ass' rather than play, when according to you combat is the only worth while part of the game (you are entitled to feel this way) seems very strange to me. Surely you should play it as only the game play is good, the story is not worth watching as it's 'ass'
Rukk Jan 2, 2017 @ 7:52am 
Originally posted by Mana_Grey:
I'm a casual FF player, and from what I've read online, all you get with 100% completion is the extra cutscene at the end. All I care about is getting the good ending, which from what I've read can be achieved without having 100% completion. So is it safe for me to skip cutscenes and start playing blindly now?
Just FYI, to get the good ending you need to press A (xbox controller) a few times during a certain scene. There's no button prompt on the screen for you to do so, the only hint you get is that nothing happens in the scene for a short while until you press the button (if you just wait, the scene ends and you won't get the good ending).

There's another part at the very end of the game (as in, during the ending cutscenes) where you have to press A again to trigger the option for the good ending. Once again, the only hint you get is Yuna walking slowly and silently for a short time (there's a sound effect that plays too, like the game is expecting you to do something).

You're talking about playing blindy, so I thought these were worth mentioning.
Hinnyuu Jan 2, 2017 @ 9:57am 
Originally posted by Zera:
You're talking about playing blindy, so I thought these were worth mentioning.
My rule for playing through the first time was essentially to press everything everywhere, and to try and examine everything everywhere. I didn't know about the part you described beforehand but hit it because of precisely that behavior. Going into FFX-2 the first time I was aware that there was a %-based completion system that would be loaded with secrets etc. (but not what what they were) so I went into it prepared. But I daresay that someone going in as a 'regular' player might find it difficult to puzzle these things out.

Still nothing compared to some of the bs in FXII, with events triggering based off of things like the time of day or the internal clock... or that completely ridiculous thing with not opening certain chests all throughout the game...
Last edited by Hinnyuu; Jan 2, 2017 @ 9:57am
< >
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: Jan 1, 2017 @ 3:06am
Posts: 7