ARK: Survival Evolved

ARK: Survival Evolved

View Stats:
Monarky Aug 9, 2015 @ 9:59am
Alpha Raptor
Okay, I had a level 110 Raptor with over 2k health. and 500% damage. I could kill brantos I could kill t-rexs but I could not kill a level 4 alpha raptor? I Must say I dont like the alpha animals. I dont like the partical effects coming off of them. This is not World of Warcraft.

If you was going to put alpha animals in the game I think that a they should always be over level 100. Or they should be the highest level in there pack. Then give them a 10%-25% alpha stat buff. Just make them alittle bigger. Then you could make them tamable because they wouldnt have World Raid Boss stats on them. Not realistic If you want World Raid Boss' in the world then make them new creatures that are suppose to be big and bad. Then it make since...

Another thing only animals that are in packs should have Alphas. What is a Alpha T-Rex with out a pack?

Just thought I would voice my oppinion.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 17 comments
Aioko Aug 9, 2015 @ 10:06am 
110 raptor with 2k and 500 damage...

Problems:

1) you tamed a raptor
2) you tamed a raptor
3) you tried to fight with a raptor
Monarky Aug 9, 2015 @ 1:11pm 
Originally posted by ball sacks:
110 raptor with 2k and 500 damage...

Problems:

1) you tamed a raptor
2) you tamed a raptor
3) you tried to fight with a raptor

Dont understand.
Zairolin Aug 9, 2015 @ 1:33pm 
I think he is saying you took the weakest carnivore land mount with only 500% damage against something with probably twice it's stats minimum and thought you had a chance against an alpha. But hey, hind sight is 20/20 right? Lol

Lost a lvl 125 scorpion with over 700% damage to one myself so I feel for you ;)
Sass Aug 9, 2015 @ 1:39pm 
yup Id say try using a more buff creature with more HP 2k hp doesnt last very long when alphas hit for 250 dmg per hit minimum go for a 100+ Rex or Spino or Bronto with more like 5k+ hp and 500 to 700 dmg then ya might stand a chance...btw raptors are kinda like glass cannons even with 2k hp and 500 dmg my lil 103 Ankylo would eat that for breakfast tbh
FuzzTightBeer Aug 9, 2015 @ 1:40pm 
lol 2k health.
lol raptor
lol thinking alpha should be easy.
Delphor Aug 9, 2015 @ 1:46pm 
look im pretty sure the alpha's are not meant to be solo'd (may the dev gods correct me if im wrong) but as far as im seeing they are simuliar to mini world bosses that roam are you going to walk into a world boss room an think you can win by yourself? prolly not so dont do so with the alpha's this game needed another level of difficulty to it an they added it they did good
i kiled 2 so far , did get good loot

Tactic? use pterodactyl , nibble it , drag it to clif , unmount on top of clif , shot down till dead , proved effective twice so far and i not had good ptero nor saddle and bow was only 110% damage , took only 59 arrows for 21 and 21+- for lv 4 lvhttp://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=496376772
artemiseritu Aug 18, 2015 @ 7:47am 
Yeeeaahhhh... I'm lvl 20, a new player to say the least. I've heard that the south is supposed to be for low level players, and not too many difficult animals exist there... well, an alpha raptor spawned right outside my base that I'd been working on for 3 days, and destroyed everything in less than 2 minutes, and literally obliterated everything in sight. I could understand if this was up north, or inland, but it wasn't.

It's great that there's a tactic with Pteras to defeat them so easily... but you're saying you have to be lvl 35 and have a Ptera tame... doesn't sound like something a new player could take care of.

Mini world bosses usually hang out in out of the way areas, in areas that they control completely, and are known to do so. It is also common for you to have to go through many, many, difficult fights to get to a mini world boss.

They shouldn't spawn right on the beach, right outside a new players base in the south and start destroying everything in sight. That's just stupid. It would be like putting the Lich King right in Elwynn Forest.

And this is as of 200.2 so don't give me the patch notes bs.

This problem has nothing to do with tactics... it is a clear misstep by the devs, and will be fixed soon.
Originally posted by Monarky:
Okay, I had a level 110 Raptor with over 2k health. and 500% damage. I could kill brantos I could kill t-rexs but I could not kill a level 4 alpha raptor? I Must say I dont like the alpha animals. I dont like the partical effects coming off of them. This is not World of Warcraft.

If you was going to put alpha animals in the game I think that a they should always be over level 100. Or they should be the highest level in there pack. Then give them a 10%-25% alpha stat buff. Just make them alittle bigger. Then you could make them tamable because they wouldnt have World Raid Boss stats on them. Not realistic If you want World Raid Boss' in the world then make them new creatures that are suppose to be big and bad. Then it make since...

Another thing only animals that are in packs should have Alphas. What is a Alpha T-Rex with out a pack?

Just thought I would voice my oppinion.

Good, you shouldnt be able to kill an alpha raptor with that.

But yeah, we should all suffer an easier experience with alphas in the game, just so that YOU can kill one with some crap tame raptor with low stats.

This is basically a "please make the game easier for ME, so that I can do things with little to no effort" thread and im done with it.
Nocturnal Aug 18, 2015 @ 8:01am 
Dudes i really love the Alpha's... All these people saying to take it out why!!! Its the only actual challenge in the game and ontop of that once you have a beastly rex or spino its a piece of cake. If you see one just RUN!!! if people lived when dinos did you think they would just run around and be able to murder everything???? Only thing i dont like is the "Stink" on the Alphas. I mean maybe if they had a Neon Hue to them would be alot better just my opinion though.
Randall Flagg Aug 18, 2015 @ 8:14am 
Some stuff should be not tamable imho.
Nocturnal Aug 18, 2015 @ 8:17am 
Originally posted by Randall Flagg:
Some stuff should be not tamable imho.
True Alpha's should not be tamable. Is there anything else you think shouldn't?
Rauvoir Aug 18, 2015 @ 10:30am 
Originally posted by artemiseritu:
Yeeeaahhhh... I'm lvl 20, a new player to say the least. I've heard that the south is supposed to be for low level players, and not too many difficult animals exist there... well, an alpha raptor spawned right outside my base that I'd been working on for 3 days, and destroyed everything in less than 2 minutes, and literally obliterated everything in sight. I could understand if this was up north, or inland, but it wasn't.

It's great that there's a tactic with Pteras to defeat them so easily... but you're saying you have to be lvl 35 and have a Ptera tame... doesn't sound like something a new player could take care of.

Mini world bosses usually hang out in out of the way areas, in areas that they control completely, and are known to do so. It is also common for you to have to go through many, many, difficult fights to get to a mini world boss.

They shouldn't spawn right on the beach, right outside a new players base in the south and start destroying everything in sight. That's just stupid. It would be like putting the Lich King right in Elwynn Forest.

And this is as of 200.2 so don't give me the patch notes bs.

This problem has nothing to do with tactics... it is a clear misstep by the devs, and will be fixed soon.

The spawn locations for Alphas are indeed a bit off, found too many Alphas (Raptors/Carnos) in places they shouldn't have been along the eastern beaches, and are too much for new players to handle immediately. Sure, you can dispatch Alpha Raptors using the knockback from timed hits on a saddled Trike or using a group of HP-trained Carbonemys to tank the threat completely, but new players won't have the experience to know these things and get their camp/base/fort/house completely wiped until they can fight them off. In a Singleplayer game environment, they could trigger Alpha spawns on the ARK after a player acquires their first cave artifact, when they should have enough experience and resources after conquering the cave to contend with Alphas, and give a sense of game progression, but this isn't possible with multiplayer servers. Not sure how that could be fixed, and might be locked into a "Tribe Up or Die" system. There's always private servers though.
۞ Lodi Aug 18, 2015 @ 12:20pm 
Killed a few alphas raptors with my raptor.Killed a 44.68.and 104. Now my raptor only has 800melee and 1700 health. Though the 104 did about kill me(less than 100hp left).armor on shadle is only 34.
Sounds to me like you are just standing and letting the alpha either kite you or bite you in the back over and over.
Worthington Aug 18, 2015 @ 12:24pm 
So I just ran around and killed 5 alpha raptors and an alpha carno without breaking a sweat in my Rex.

INCREDIBLY easy. Sure I have a Rex, but you will too fairly soon and then you'll go wow, this requires little - no effort.

The game is suppose to provide a challenge and I would argue once you get through the learning curve and start to get yourself some decent dinos, the game gets WAY too easy.

Enough complaining about alphas already. They really aren't that tough.

We also have quite a few newer tribes on our server who are just getting started. Yeah sometimes they have some setbacks, but nothing that prevents them from progressing in the game. Expect to die, expect to lose dino's, if you aren't ok with that -don't play a SURVIVAL game.
Last edited by Worthington; Aug 18, 2015 @ 12:25pm
< >
Showing 1-15 of 17 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: Aug 9, 2015 @ 9:59am
Posts: 17