Zotrix
Zotrix > General Discussions > Topic Details
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
vedran.klanac [Zotrix]  [developer] Jul 29, 2015 @ 4:10am
X360 and other gamepad controllers issues - official thread
With patch v 0.02 from Jul 31st we expect to resolve number of issues with gamepad controller. We are still aware some may exist and please use this thread to report what exaclty you are seeing as an issue.
When reporting plase specify: OS, gamepad controller type, description of problem you are encountering.

Thank you,
Zotrix dev team
Last edited by vedran.klanac [Zotrix]; Jul 31, 2015 @ 5:33am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 15 comments
Poopdeck Pappy Jul 31, 2015 @ 1:13pm 
I can play the game now with my X360 controller! :eng:

Transversing the menu is a pain though.

Seems like only up and down work, left and right does not (using left thumbstick).
Selecting items to buy is tedious in the equipment store, so I'm reverting to using the mouse in screens other than main game play. D-Pad does not work at all, if it's supposed to.

Not full gamepad support in my case.

OS:Win7 x64
Wired X360


Thx for addressing the main issue.
Hopefully more tweaks will be coming. :steamhappy:
ImHelping Jul 31, 2015 @ 3:17pm 
My ship will just stop moving left or right despite my using the stick (Nothing to do with the drift, just only allowing straight vertical up/down movemenbt until I gave up and re center my stick and try again.

It happens with Up and down as well, but less often. Unsure if that is because up/down works slightly better, or because most of my desired sudden directional changes are horizontal so I spend less time moving the stick all the way.

A bit of a problem when a twitch shooter often decide it won't move when I move when I move stick all the way to either side.

Menus also a wash. In the options Menu. with my left stick, trying to slide the volume slider to the right ended up turning it down all the way. Moving it to the left still turned it down, also it's very finicky about counting up or down as moving to new areas.

Trying to navigate menus in general (main menu, mission control menu, etc) it takes repeated wigglings of the stick to get it to move from one selection to the nex.

TL;DR: It's Back to it being finicky and often unresponsive like earlier in EA, instead of not working at all like on launch.

360 Wired gamepad.
Win7 x64
Last edited by ImHelping; Jul 31, 2015 @ 3:18pm
Frigid Jul 31, 2015 @ 3:59pm 
Thanks for the quick controller fix, tand he crashing in the menu. :steamhappy:

I'm also having the same issue as Ateb though, something doesn't seem to be working well with the controller in the menus. Seems like there is a lag and/or not registering inputs.

Ubuntu 14.04
360 wired
Tigax Jul 31, 2015 @ 7:32pm 
This is fixed?

I'm using a xbox360ish controller and i can't even navigate the first menu.

I wiggle the left stick and the thing moves.. sometimes. The gamepad doesn't work at all. Last night before the patch left gamepad was select, not sure what it is anymore sinc ei had to use the mouse to click exit.

I bought the game in big picture because it said controller supported, it is not controller supported and if things don't change before my refund window closes I may never know what this game is like.

Just being honest
vedran.klanac [Zotrix]  [developer] Jul 31, 2015 @ 10:43pm 
Originally posted by Ateb:
I can play the game now with my X360 controller! :eng:

Transversing the menu is a pain though.

Seems like only up and down work, left and right does not (using left thumbstick).
Selecting items to buy is tedious in the equipment store, so I'm reverting to using the mouse in screens other than main game play. D-Pad does not work at all, if it's supposed to.

Not full gamepad support in my case.

OS:Win7 x64
Wired X360


Thx for addressing the main issue.
Hopefully more tweaks will be coming. :steamhappy:

Menu navigation is next. Yes, I'm aware it is not best experience and there's a lag when moving between the items.

The way how moving through menus work is only using the left stick, up/down, but to move smoothly, you should move the stick fully up and you will see how it starts cycling through items. It works that way, not the way that you have to kick up,up,up every time for moving between items.

But yes, we will tweak this part to better experience.

D-pad is not used at all in menus.
I'm hoping to have next update very soon.
zauerli Sep 19, 2015 @ 4:54am 
Please update the contoller behaviour - it's a pain to navigate the menus - so looking forward to playing this game - no update since August 1st? hmmm... the game looks great, deserves the update!
Last edited by zauerli; Sep 19, 2015 @ 5:57am
mechanoid Sep 20, 2015 @ 1:36am 
The game crashes everytime I start a level with a X360 controler enabled (Win 10).
Same behavior here on Windows 7 with xbox 360 wireless controller...
vedran.klanac [Zotrix]  [developer] Sep 24, 2015 @ 12:31am 
Originally posted by zauerli:
Please update the contoller behaviour - it's a pain to navigate the menus - so looking forward to playing this game - no update since August 1st? hmmm... the game looks great, deserves the update!

If you check the Announcements section you will notice regular updates.
There was an update on Aug 28th and Sep 9th. We update the game on regular basis keeping up with reports on things you guys report that needs improvement and what we see internally as well.

As for the contoller issues, I have tested myself, few minutes ago, version on Steam, on Win 7 with wireless X360 controller everything works just fine, no crashes.
Last edited by vedran.klanac [Zotrix]; Sep 24, 2015 @ 12:32am
zauerli Sep 24, 2015 @ 12:47am 
Hey :) I was not posting about crashes. So when I navigate the menus with the analogue stick does this feel right for you? Because for me it's nearly impossible to select the menu tile I want. Tested on 3 different 360 controllers. The problem only exists in Zotrix - but I had it somewhere before: seems like a deadzone problem. I'm using a standard wireless 360 controller.
Can you do anything about this? I'm very sure many users have this problem!
Don't take my critique personally, but when I buy a game and the most basic things like the controls don't work properly I'm getting a little grouchy. :tw:

Please look into this - and thanks in advance!! :)
vedran.klanac [Zotrix]  [developer] Sep 24, 2015 @ 1:49am 
Originally posted by zauerli:
Hey :) I was not posting about crashes. So when I navigate the menus with the analogue stick does this feel right for you? Because for me it's nearly impossible to select the menu tile I want. Tested on 3 different 360 controllers. The problem only exists in Zotrix - but I had it somewhere before: seems like a deadzone problem. I'm using a standard wireless 360 controller.
Can you do anything about this? I'm very sure many users have this problem!
Don't take my critique personally, but when I buy a game and the most basic things like the controls don't work properly I'm getting a little grouchy. :tw:

Please look into this - and thanks in advance!! :)

Yes, we are working on changing navigation in menus using D-Pad instead of left analog stick.
zauerli Sep 24, 2015 @ 1:51am 
Thanks for the effort!! Looking forward to the update :)
zauerli Oct 2, 2015 @ 3:44am 
When can we expect this update? I mean it's really necessary!
Originally posted by vedran.klanac Zotrix:
As for the contoller issues, I have tested myself, few minutes ago, version on Steam, on Win 7 with wireless X360 controller everything works just fine, no crashes.

I'am happy with you, the game is running well on the developers machine :D
What should we do now? I have no other game where the Controller crashes the game. And I have many games... ;-)
vedran.klanac [Zotrix]  [developer] Oct 4, 2015 @ 2:56am 
Originally posted by Yoshiᅚ:
Originally posted by vedran.klanac Zotrix:
As for the contoller issues, I have tested myself, few minutes ago, version on Steam, on Win 7 with wireless X360 controller everything works just fine, no crashes.

I'am happy with you, the game is running well on the developers machine :D
What should we do now? I have no other game where the Controller crashes the game. And I have many games... ;-)

Since I'm not getting any reports from other people about same crash you are reporting, I'm suppose to figure out what?

We have number of different machine configurations here in the office and we have tried to replicate the same case you reported on all of them and it all worked fine, so it's not that we have tested this just on one computer.

There are couple of things I may suggest for you to try:
- to delete your save game files on the computer, in following folder (%appdata%ZotrixEarlyAccess) and just restart the game
- to reinstall the game completely

< >
Showing 1-15 of 15 comments
Per page: 15 30 50

Zotrix > General Discussions > Topic Details