Eversion

Eversion

View Stats:
Eversion > General Discussions > Topic Details
Lenky Lad Dec 15, 2014 @ 8:59pm
What can we do to raise this games awareness?
after looking at the global achievements, I saw that 30% of the people who played the game, never even got down into the nitty gritty portion of what made it what it was, and that makes me kinda upset ya know? I mean it's not the creators fault that this is what actually is the lowest selling Lovecraft inspired game I mean LOOK at the main page, it says nothing of the horrors to come other than a glimmer and rightfully so! Why should he have to spoil everything, that ruins the point of the title. But it really hurts sales I want this to be a best selling it's great that more it's review status recently went from positive to very but I just don't feel that's enough for it. I'm just ♥♥♥♥ed that a good Lovecraftian is so hard to come by nowadays with this as an exception for me but I'll treasure all the time I've spent with this small :bluegem:
Last edited by Lenky Lad; Dec 15, 2014 @ 9:00pm
< >
Showing 1-15 of 45 comments
I think we just need to tell our friends -- or people in general -- to just play the game.

Tell them it's a relatively short game, one that can be completed in three hours at most. So they should just sit down one night with it. And let it take them wherever it does.
Lenky Lad Dec 15, 2014 @ 9:53pm 
Originally posted by QuintSakugarne:
I think we just need to tell our friends -- or people in general -- to just play the game.

Tell them it's a relatively short game, one that can be completed in three hours at most. So they should just sit down one night with it. And let it take them wherever it does.
everyone who I've shown this to didn't carry much interest towards it and fell short where the achievements show before it gets good, I myself in general only know about the who thing because I watched a youtuber I enjoyed play the free version long ago
Last edited by Lenky Lad; Dec 15, 2014 @ 9:53pm
I'm not sure what you mean. When do they stop?
Lenky Lad Dec 15, 2014 @ 10:05pm 
Originally posted by QuintSakugarne:
I'm not sure what you mean. When do they stop?
I look at the % of players who got the achievs and it shows a rapid decline each layer of eversion. And it shows how far players got by eversion layer aka level, more than 50% of all players stop at the 4th eversion layer right after desolation. But now when I think about it they probably got too spooked when they saw that blocks eyes fly out of it's head, so in other words "2spooky4them"
Fey🥀 Dec 18, 2014 @ 11:50am 
It would help if this game had sales. Don't get me wrong, it's not expensive. But I've been telling my friends about this game all year and it's not even on winter sale apparently. I doubt any of them will be picking it up at this price, it's too much of an unknown and it's too easy to spend 5 dollars and get something really major. I think I saw Saints Row 4 at 5 dollars on the humble store for example.

It's sad really I wanted more people to play this.
Lenky Lad Dec 18, 2014 @ 5:59pm 
Originally posted by Fey Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ:
It would help if this game had sales. Don't get me wrong, it's not expensive. But I've been telling my friends about this game all year and it's not even on winter sale apparently. I doubt any of them will be picking it up at this price, it's too much of an unknown and it's too easy to spend 5 dollars and get something really major. I think I saw Saints Row 4 at 5 dollars on the humble store for example.

It's sad really I wanted more people to play this.
on the contrary, I bought the game 50% off on the steam summer sale for $2.49 so it does participate as far as I know
Fey🥀 Dec 18, 2014 @ 8:36pm 
Well, and on the contary, the Christmas sale is now and it's not on sale now =)

I'm sure it's been on sale a thousand times in the past but I didn't have people saying they'd buy it in the past. Are these 66% off coupons still around? I hadn't heard of them until I saw this forum. I'd love to hand a few of those to people.
Lenky Lad Dec 18, 2014 @ 8:38pm 
Originally posted by Fey Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ:
Well, and on the contary, the Christmas sale is now and it's not on sale now =)

I'm sure it's been on sale a thousand times in the past but I didn't have people saying they'd buy it in the past. Are these 66% off coupons still around? I hadn't heard of them until I saw this forum. I'd love to hand a few of those to people.
I know I'm going way off topic with this, but do you have 2 pixel piracy coupons that expire next month? Cus I've tried twice to get rid of them and NOONE in the community wants them
Fey🥀 Dec 18, 2014 @ 8:45pm 
I don't have any coupons :skyelaugh: I give them to my steam friends as bad jokes! They bother me a lot normally, lol.
Coupons seem to be generally regarded as nigh-useless, though I've seen some people posting in the wrong place (since I don't follow the trading subforum) and trying to demand a card (or more!) for them occasionally.

I dunno what happens to those.

You can always make a thread asking for coupons.
Lenky Lad Dec 18, 2014 @ 9:41pm 
okay going back on topic.

I think that when the first trailer for Del Toros At the Mountains Of Madness comes out I think is when more Lovecraftian titles become more aware to others. Because even youtuber wise it's not that common. I know Cry played it once but that was a LONG time ago and it was on the free version
Fey🥀 Dec 18, 2014 @ 10:24pm 
Originally posted by QuintSakugarne:
Coupons seem to be generally regarded as nigh-useless

Well yeah that's the same for any game, I just happen to know someone who would use that coupon right this very second if they had one. I have mentioned this game off and on to a few people and some of them are just on the fence for price right now.
MaximumBunny Dec 28, 2014 @ 3:36pm 
There's no one that I know who doesn't know of this game. :tdealwithit::ss13ok:
denpanosekai Dec 29, 2014 @ 9:27pm 
I'd buy it right now if it was at 50%
Eidolon Jan 6, 2015 @ 3:33am 
Originally posted by Teh Browniemix:
What can we do to raise this games awareness?
Lowering the price would be a step in the right ways. I really want this game but not for this price!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
< >
Showing 1-15 of 45 comments
Per page: 15 30 50

Eversion > General Discussions > Topic Details