The Body Changer
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
alexius  [developer] Oct 8, 2014 @ 3:43pm
Stuck somewhere? Need help?
Stuck in a Sector? Just ask here!

NOTE: Sectors have numberID and often rooms, characters and synBs have names: just use them to describe your problem, so it will be easier to help you to solve it :)
Last edited by alexius; Oct 8, 2014 @ 3:52pm
< >
Showing 1-15 of 66 comments
markzero Oct 10, 2014 @ 4:06pm 
If you get stuck in the first couple of sectors, you can look at this walkthrough of the first bits by Lotus Prince:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jI4giimdEbY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9QULGuUqao

He did it with an alpha build, but things haven't changed that much.

Also: don't let the graphics style throw you off. Just because it's not highly textured & detailed doesn't mean you don't have to look at things carefully. :spazwinky:
Last edited by markzero; Oct 10, 2014 @ 4:06pm
MKS | R3troSim Oct 12, 2014 @ 3:45am 
@markzero ^

Thanks for the vids man! Had a watch of the first (part 1A) video and you covered it well :)

Haven't watched the second vid because I think you might have progressed further than me (and didn't want to spoil the game even at such an early stage).

One question I have -- when facing the Kebre (blue monster thingy after purifying the first water station), I'm wanting to use the V-Blade melee attack (I run out of ammo expectedly xD ), but I can't seem to do it.

I used it once by accident before (thank goodness because I ran out of ammo then too!), but I can't remember how to do it. I'm basically left rolling and sprinting trying not to be attacked by it whilst I desperately try Action/Mouse click combos to try and melee attack.

So -- basically -- how does one V-Blade/melee attack?



EDIT: So I've actually defeated the Kebre monster (phew!), after shooting the two red canisters strapped to its back (lol, kinda reminded me of the Chimera in Resistance), and with just one bullet to go!*. But yeah, question still stands, thanks in advance! :)

*Just realised the Cyl/JCN monitor nearby kinda hints to this.

EDIT #2: Thanks - watched your second vid. I see you found the blue shark monster thing as difficult and confusing to take out as I did.
Last edited by MKS | R3troSim; Oct 12, 2014 @ 8:03am
alexius  [developer] Oct 12, 2014 @ 7:39am 
Originally posted by R3troSim:
(...) how does one V-Blade/melee attack?
First shoot to the enemies, when they are stunned just walk/run close to them and now you can use the V-blade simply clicking the left mouse button. An icon will also appear when you can to press the button.
MKS | R3troSim Oct 12, 2014 @ 7:58am 
Originally posted by alexius:
Originally posted by R3troSim:
(...) how does one V-Blade/melee attack?
First shoot to the enemies, when they are stunned just walk/run close to them and now you can use the V-blade simply clicking the left mouse button. An icon will also appear when you can to press the button.

Thanks for replying :)

So you can only V-blade attack when the enemies are stunned (and you are prompted to attack with Left Mouse) (which can only be achieved by shooting them).

..Basically, I'm playing on Very Hard difficulty (because why not xD), and I'm liking the ammo conservation mechanic (taken from the survival horror genre, which I like). BUT, my problem is, I'm simply finding that I cannot attack whatsoever because I do *run out ammo* very easily (even after being really, really careful with it, and then end up not being able to melee attack because I cannot stun the enemies in the first place).

I remember earning some ammo after a headshot or two, but this was only like 2 rounds I think, and it wasn't given all the time. Could you clarify what precisely sets a 'give ammo' event to happen (on V. Hard difficulty if they are different parameters)?

Back to the point - because I end up with no ammo to shoot with, I'm basically stuck on levels. There's only so much evading, pushing into contaminated water and barrel-rolling you can do before you're inevitably dead (and I recall that one of the critera to progress onwards is to kill all remaining enemies? - which is seemingly impossible without ammo).

So, there's a possible two things you could maybe change so that it isn't ragequittingly impossible (if others can duplicate/support these following suggestions that'd be nice to know!):
  • Offer more ammo drops.

    Values can vary (esp. dependent on difficulty setting), but maybe more of them would help. Not a necessity though if you'd rather not put this in (not suggesting take away the 'ammo conservation' mechanic, but maybe allow some leeway for the player is all!).


  • *Importantly though* - any way of attacking at any one time (given you've the right SynB equipped).

    At times, I feel completely useless to do anything because I essentially am. This obviously means I end up being stuck at times, and aggravated to pursue after so many attempts at a section.

    I think - to empower the player (in a justified and reasonable way) - if you are controlling a SynB that can Attack.. then the player should be able to attack at any one time. By this, I mean obviously the ability to wield a weapon(s) and fire. However, for when ammunition runs out, the player then doesn't want to be left to just evading (which in my experience has just left to death upon death).

    If there is a way where I could melee (even if it was with say a really weak punch - just something that could damage enemies), I would personally be really really grateful for that!


Ok - MASSIVELY LONG POST - sorry if that bored you and I wasn't trying to be patronising if it came across like that, but just had to get it out there! xD

Thanks guys, you are truly awesome devs, keep up the good work :)
[/list]
Last edited by MKS | R3troSim; Oct 12, 2014 @ 8:02am
alexius  [developer] Oct 12, 2014 @ 8:27am 
Originally posted by R3troSim:
Thanks for replying :) (...)Basically, I'm playing on Very Hard difficulty (because why not xD), and I'm liking the ammo conservation mechanic (taken from the survival horror genre, which I like). BUT, my problem is, I'm simply finding that I cannot attack whatsoever because I do *run out ammo* very easily (even after being really, really careful with it, and then end up not being able to melee attack because I cannot stun the enemies in the first place) (...)Offer more ammo drops(...) If there is a way where I could melee (even if it was with say a really weak punch - just something that could damage enemies), I would personally be really really grateful for that! (...)

Our game in easy mode is quite easy, in normal mode is "ok", in hard mode is hard and in very hard is a pain in your *** ;)
I hate games where you play "hard" or "very hard" and... no :| the result is a game a little bit harder than the normal mode. no: I don't like it.

It is impossible to play in "very hard" mode without the V-Blade.
Learn to use the V-blade. this will change everything. believe me.
I also suggest you to repeat the game from the begin in "hard" mode.

Last, the is a way to kill SynB-zombies without shooting: when they try to grab you give them your back and let you grab, now click many times the left mouse button so your SynB will hit with his elbow and push the zombie on the ground, then you can walk close to the zombie and hit him with the V-Blade. Let's try it ;)

have fun :)

Alessio - TheShortAndTheTall
Last edited by alexius; Oct 12, 2014 @ 8:28am
MKS | R3troSim Oct 12, 2014 @ 8:53am 
Originally posted by alexius:
Our game in easy mode is quite easy, in normal mode is "ok", in hard mode is hard and in very hard is a pain in your *** ;)
I hate games where you play "hard" or "very hard" and... no :| the result is a game a little bit harder than the normal mode. no: I don't like it.

Lol - I've literally just started a fresh game on Normal, and it's been a breeze (obviosuly helps though that I know what I'm doing now, but still xD ). Plenty of ammo, headshots keep coming, the zombie menaces are really quick to get through. Completely different game :')


Originally posted by alexius:
It is impossible to play in "very hard" mode without the V-Blade.
Learn to use the V-blade. this will change everything. believe me.
I also suggest you to repeat the game from the begin in "hard" mode.

I think as my 'proper' playthrough I will go through in Hard (or backtrack again to Normal if that's too much for me, which wouldn't surprise me!), thanks for the tip.


Originally posted by alexius:
Last, the is a way to kill SynB-zombies without shooting: when they try to grab you give them your back and let you grab, now click many times the left mouse button so your SynB will hit with his elbow and push the zombie on the ground, then you can walk close to the zombie and hit him with the V-Blade. Let's try it ;)

That's weird.. I've tried experimenting with that (letting them grab hold of your back, then Left Mouse tapping rapidly to elbow them to the ground), but don't seem to have any V-Blade attack prompts :/ But now I know it should be there I'll try some more (on the Very Hard game I think).

Originally posted by alexius:
have fun :)

This game is so much FUN!! Even if it has been a pain in the ♥♥♥ playing on Very Hard xD Seriously I'm on this game so much now, love it, and u guys are awesome too :)

Thanks again!

(Btw just as a heads-up I have some more long posts about really pedantic things (just need to compile them).. I might PM over Desura some of them because I think others might get a lil bit annoyed at my clutter xD but we'll see)
Last edited by MKS | R3troSim; Oct 12, 2014 @ 8:54am
alexius  [developer] Oct 12, 2014 @ 9:12am 
Originally posted by R3troSim:
(Btw just as a heads-up I have some more long posts about really pedantic things (just need to compile them).. I might PM over Desura some of them because I think others might get a lil bit annoyed at my clutter xD but we'll see)

:D
Desura -> ok :)
MKS | R3troSim Oct 14, 2014 @ 1:29pm 
Ik you said something about adding an info box to solve the 'green dummy quest' in S-02 in the latest list of updates (v0.5.14, Oct 14th release), but a) I can't seem to prompt the info box and b) I'm stuck at this bit (and have been for a lil while xD)

Any hints or tips? (Been struggling for a while now, I'm too dumb to figure it out!) :)


EDIT: Hang on, I think I've just found the info box from the (new) JCN panel with the green dummy. I'll see if I can work it out now (much better that way) ;)
Last edited by MKS | R3troSim; Oct 14, 2014 @ 1:32pm
Cpholmes9 Oct 14, 2014 @ 4:59pm 
Keep on getting killed by the shark. Will have to try the left click on him trick to see if I can get my V blade to slash him. Thanks for the info.
alexius  [developer] Oct 14, 2014 @ 5:09pm 
Originally posted by Cpholmes9:
Keep on getting killed by the shark. Will have to try the left click on him trick to see if I can get my V blade to slash him. Thanks for the info.
there is a info device where you fight the Kebre (the blue shark one). try to read carefully ;)
markzero Oct 15, 2014 @ 9:16am 
Originally posted by R3troSynB:
@markzero ^

Thanks for the vids man! Had a watch of the first (part 1A) video and you covered it well :)

I didn't make them, it was someone going by the name of Lotus Prince. I just linked them because I found them helpul.:spazwinky:
MKS | R3troSim Oct 15, 2014 @ 10:21am 
Originally posted by markzero:
Originally posted by R3troSynB:
@markzero ^

Thanks for the vids man! Had a watch of the first (part 1A) video and you covered it well :)

I didn't make them, it was someone going by the name of Lotus Prince. I just linked them because I found them helpul.:spazwinky:

lol, well tks for linking anyway.. was just thinking you went by a different name on Youtube was all.
[UEF] _-Caleb-_ Oct 18, 2014 @ 12:10pm 
Taking the Card in the Sector 02... How?
Hi!

I have this doubt, i can't take the card in the sector 02...

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/41982056337442152/1F17124556878107586269A527409E74E241934C/

How can i take this? (I've finished the next room)

Thanks and regards ;)
MKS | R3troSim Oct 18, 2014 @ 12:20pm 
Oh but you can. You will find how, trust me. :)

If you need a tip, try one of the JCN info boxes by the Blue Dummy ;)
azureguy Oct 18, 2014 @ 2:55pm 
I just did it myself, R3troSynB's advice did the trick. This card is nothing compared to the following puzzle though. Just make sure to pay attention to your surroundings, and use logic! Then you should be fine.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 66 comments
Per page: 15 30 50