Rampage Knights

Rampage Knights

View Stats:
Spills51 Jun 26, 2017 @ 1:55pm
This game has no content?
I noticed someone said it took them under 2 hrs.
Is that normal?
Is it lacking that bad?
Thanks for any info :steamhappy:
< >
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
Dohi64 Jun 26, 2017 @ 2:03pm 
depends on how you play it. I played co-op on casual and it didn't take long to finish story mode, we actually halfway completed it a second time before shelfing it, but it's a roguelike, so there's plenty of stuff to try and unlock, including new game modes and difficulties.
darth.crevette Jun 27, 2017 @ 8:54am 
It's a rogue-like. Of course a single game will usually take less than two hours, but that's not really what Rampage Knights is about.
westenra Jun 28, 2017 @ 12:20pm 
It is an incredibly frustrating game. Unclear / unresponsive controls. You cannot initiate a new move before the other has finished. Sometimes moves work, sometimes they don't. Took me forever to figure out why my jump-slash wasn't working, it's because-- like a normal gamer-- I was still holding the jump key down when I initiated the attack. That's right-- the game doesn't let you hold down more than one key at a time without getting confused. So if you are halfway through executing an attack and realize it's not going to work, don't bother trying to dodge-- you have to wait until the enemy is done pummeling you before you can initiate a dodge.

I have about four hours in the game and have barely made it to the second level (on casual) and I don't feel like I am getting better. As with most rogue-likes, it's all about rolling broken loot that will carry you through to the end with little to no skill. IE you will get plenty of playtime out of it.
boovie  [developer] Jun 28, 2017 @ 3:26pm 
Originally posted by Westenra:
Took me forever to figure out why my jump-slash wasn't working, it's because-- like a normal gamer-- I was still holding the jump key down when I initiated the attack. That's right-- the game doesn't let you hold down more than one key at a time without getting confused. So if you are halfway through executing an attack and realize it's not going to work, don't bother trying to dodge-- you have to wait until the enemy is done pummeling you before you can initiate a dodge.

Are you playing on keyboard? It looks like keyboard ghosting issue to me, you can perform jump attack while still holding the jump key. Also roll/evade cancels any animation in progress (as long as you are on ground), so you can cancel your attack in the middle of its animation.
westenra Jun 28, 2017 @ 3:37pm 
Yeah I only have keyboard since I bought a computer to use mouse and keyboard. I can't believe they'd rig it that way, that counts as misrepresentation
Adam-One Jul 3, 2017 @ 1:51am 
Originally posted by Westenra:
Yeah I only have keyboard since I bought a computer to use mouse and keyboard. I can't believe they'd rig it that way, that counts as misrepresentation
Well it is not the issue with the game, but with your keyboard. My keyboard works properly.
westenra Jul 3, 2017 @ 12:14pm 
Originally posted by boovie:

Are you playing on keyboard? It looks like keyboard ghosting issue to me, you can perform jump attack while still holding the jump key. Also roll/evade cancels any animation in progress (as long as you are on ground), so you can cancel your attack in the middle of its animation.

Hmmm, perhaps it is time to invest in a new keyboard, because I am only able to use one key at a time. Would be the difference between night and day if I could hold down two keys at once.
Guy Aug 12, 2017 @ 6:16am 
Never had any problems with the controls..
westenra Aug 12, 2017 @ 9:13am 
Originally posted by Guy:
Never had any problems with the controls..

i'm happy for you. seriously i am
UC-21 Aug 14, 2017 @ 9:36am 
4 levels of difficulty, 5 game mode including endless dungeon, all with procedurally generated levels. For me this game have enough content, especially for an indi game.
< >
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
Per page: 15 30 50