Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition

Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition

MrTekniQ Jan 17, 2015 @ 11:13am
Invisible Airplanes
With the settings set to the maximum, when playing online, airplanes will become invisible, only displaying their beacon lights.

The solution to this problem is to disable the option: "Aircrafts cast their shadows on the ground"

Another bug removing immersion from the simulator.

This happens while im connected to VATSIM, but seems to be the simulator issue and not related to VATSIM network or clients used to connect, which in my case is the vPilot.

The list of bugs, keep growing, and i haven't seen an update to the simulator, but i've seen DLCs being released.

< >
Showing 1-15 of 20 comments
rodrigoef Jan 17, 2015 @ 11:37am 
It's not a bug, you simply don't have the right MTL texture installed. V-Pilot is a new software to connect to vatsim and don't have a vast MTL option (and don't generate it automatically as FSInn). Did you disabled AI from the simulator?
Talon_Invictus Jan 25, 2015 @ 12:50pm 
I think this is an issue because it happens to me too and to several other users that have reported this issue. Here is a scenario where this becomes extremely annoying.
Im a formation pilot, And i usually like to go out and formation fly with my friends. BUT that is a very hard task when the aircraft in fromt of you randomly becomes invisible. And it happens to all aircrafts.
MrTekniQ Jan 25, 2015 @ 4:39pm 
Originally posted by rodrigoef:
It's not a bug, you simply don't have the right MTL texture installed.

You're wrong, i have the right textures installed, 5.2GB of textures to be more precise. if i don't turn off shadows at random times the airplanes will be invisible, this could be totally unrelated to FSX, but it's solved by disabling the shadows option.
Twelvefield Jan 27, 2015 @ 12:17am 
Originally posted by Bettencourt:
airplanes will become invisible, only displaying their beacon lights.

Check for Wonder Woman. Invisible planes are her MO.
WanderfalkeAT Jan 31, 2015 @ 8:09am 
So no fix for this? I guess buying FSX SE was a big mistake!
Bruno_pt99 Jan 31, 2015 @ 8:41am 
Originally posted by Bettencourt:
Originally posted by rodrigoef:
It's not a bug, you simply don't have the right MTL texture installed.

You're wrong, i have the right textures installed, 5.2GB of textures to be more precise. if i don't turn off shadows at random times the airplanes will be invisible, this could be totally unrelated to FSX, but it's solved by disabling the shadows option.
thats a bug of addon scenery like aerosoft.... fsx classic has the same problem
Last edited by Bruno_pt99; Jan 31, 2015 @ 8:41am
WanderfalkeAT Jan 31, 2015 @ 8:57am 
Bruno you are wrong = I dont have the damn Aerosoft Stuff on it and still have the same Bug - It is Hardcoded in FSX SE. Just when you zoom like crazy you can see the planes again! For me it only happens when in Virtual Cockpit though!
Last edited by WanderfalkeAT; Jan 31, 2015 @ 10:18am
yellowjacket Jan 31, 2015 @ 11:19am 
Originally posted by Bettencourt:
With the settings set to the maximum, when playing online, airplanes will become invisible, only displaying their beacon lights.

The solution to this problem is to disable the option: "Aircrafts cast their shadows on the ground"

Another bug removing immersion from the simulator.

This happens while im connected to VATSIM, but seems to be the simulator issue and not related to VATSIM network or clients used to connect, which in my case is the vPilot.

The list of bugs, keep growing, and i haven't seen an update to the simulator, but i've seen DLCs being released.


NO, it is not a BUG

There are 3 issues that causes the problem

1. Using FSX Acceleration SP2 which is what Microsoft sold to Dovetail
2. Using FS2002/FS2004 Plane Models and not using native FSX model planes
3. Any add-on scenery that has been added which the developer used the older (pre FS2004) SCASM Opt code Compiler for 1 or more of the scenery files (example some Aerosoft)

Microsoft made it very clear to developers that parts of FSX SP2 would not be backward compatible when it was released in 2007 which fixed core engine problems.

Both freeware and payware Plane and Scenery developers disregarded the warnings. Before you start blaming Dovetail that there are bugs, stop supporting the developers planes and scenery that is not FSX:SE compatible.

FSX lagacy model planes have MDLXMDLH in the .mdl file NOT MDL8MDLHFS80

All scenery files should be coded as XML and compiled with the FSX SDK compiler

jim

jcj78 Jan 31, 2015 @ 11:25am 
you're wasting your time. Every one of his posts is a bitchfest about a "bug".
ZombieHunter Jan 31, 2015 @ 10:00pm 
No the issue happens when running DX10 mode. It is a known issue that also occurs in the boxed version under different circumstances. I have all of it working in DX10 except buildings disappear at night which is another known issue. DX10 was just a preview and b/c of this some shaders are wrong or just plain missing. There are some sites that discuss the issue and some payware to fix it as well.

You can resolve it by running the DX9 version instead of DX10.
Last edited by ZombieHunter; Jan 31, 2015 @ 10:01pm
WanderfalkeAT Feb 1, 2015 @ 6:12am 
Wrong again - This did not happen in FSX when in DX-10 Preview. It just happens in FSX SE!


Originally posted by falcon_x:
No the issue happens when running DX10 mode. It is a known issue that also occurs in the boxed version under different circumstances. I have all of it working in DX10 except buildings disappear at night which is another known issue. DX10 was just a preview and b/c of this some shaders are wrong or just plain missing. There are some sites that discuss the issue and some payware to fix it as well.

You can resolve it by running the DX9 version instead of DX10.
jcj78 Feb 1, 2015 @ 8:40am 
Originally posted by karl.meindl:
Wrong again - This did not happen in FSX when in DX-10 Preview. It just happens in FSX SE!


Originally posted by falcon_x:
No the issue happens when running DX10 mode. It is a known issue that also occurs in the boxed version under different circumstances. I have all of it working in DX10 except buildings disappear at night which is another known issue. DX10 was just a preview and b/c of this some shaders are wrong or just plain missing. There are some sites that discuss the issue and some payware to fix it as well.

You can resolve it by running the DX9 version instead of DX10.

Of course it happened in the box set. You can find 100 posts about on FSX communities about it dating back to the SP2 release of FSX.

You're not looking for help, you're looking to whine. That much is clear. Do you not have any pride at all?
Last edited by jcj78; Feb 1, 2015 @ 8:40am
mikeytwc Feb 1, 2015 @ 8:57pm 
couple of observations, JCJ, you know about fsx and the sdk, I have seen plenty of posts about scenery and issues with that....thanks for your input in different areas to help others resolve issues
YellowJacket, (JIM??) are you or were you a developer, you sound like one...possibly Jim Kier?? hey I can hope you are him...
:)
WanderfalkeAT Feb 2, 2015 @ 8:45am 
jcj: It seems like you where right! Other than that calling Customers Whiners all the time, doesnt make you a very liked guy! It might be that I never had the experience of this bug in FSX because I installed Accelleration Pack as soon as I bought FSX. Funny thing: When I first added the line to the fsx.cfg nothing did change! I looked it up again and the line was gone. Seems like FSX overwrote my entry. Anyway thanks for the help. I am trying it now!
Last edited by WanderfalkeAT; Feb 2, 2015 @ 9:02am
jcj78 Feb 2, 2015 @ 9:41am 
Originally posted by karl.meindl:
jcj: It seems like you where right! Other than that calling Customers Whiners all the time, doesnt make you a very liked guy!........... I am trying it now!

You ain't my customer. But when I have one who is a whiner, I don't shirk from telling whoever that (s)he is a whiner.

Good luck.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 20 comments
Per page: 15 30 50

Date Posted: Jan 17, 2015 @ 11:13am
Posts: 20