Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition

Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition

Glennby69 Oct 28, 2018 @ 9:38pm
747-400 APU how do I start it
How do I start the APU on default 747 and where if any , does it indicate running??
< >
Showing 1-14 of 14 comments
Ken "Hondo" Gardner Oct 28, 2018 @ 11:00pm 
The APU on the default 747 is non functional
Erazer Oct 29, 2018 @ 1:20am 
Using Ctrl + E is much easier. But just TAP the E key. If you hold it down and wait for an engine to start the keyboard repeat will input mutiple inputs and confuse the system.

Ctrl + [TAP] E starts all aircraft and helicopters 1st time.
3 Wire Oct 29, 2018 @ 5:40am 
Originally posted by KenGardner:
The APU on the default 747 is non functional

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the engines on all the stock FSX SE aircraft are running by default when you load them right..??

CTRL + E works on all the default aircraft, but it won't work on some add on planes, especially the more complex ones like the Aerosoft Airbusses.
Erazer Oct 29, 2018 @ 7:17am 
Originally posted by 3 Wire:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the engines on all the stock FSX SE aircraft are running by default when you load them right..?

CTRL + E works on all the default aircraft, but it won't work on some add on planes, especially the more complex ones like the Aerosoft Airbusses.

You are indeed wrong about 'stock' aircraft.

Many of the aircraft in the Missions need to have the engines started with Ctrl + E, with the exception of the sailplanes... ;-)

I would prefer if none of the aircraft were loaded with running engines, whatever.

Might depend on where you start with the aircraft.

By a gate, ramp, or active runway. I haven't checked this out, I admit.

Granted about add-on aircraft where some purists prefer to go through the manual start up procedure.


3 Wire Oct 29, 2018 @ 8:13am 
Originally posted by Pegasus:

You are indeed wrong about 'stock' aircraft.

Many of the aircraft in the Missions need to have the engines started with Ctrl + E, with the exception of the sailplanes... ;-)

I would prefer if none of the aircraft were loaded with running engines, whatever.

Might depend on where you start with the aircraft.

By a gate, ramp, or active runway. I haven't checked this out, I admit.

Granted about add-on aircraft where some purists prefer to go through the manual start up procedure.

I can't say about the missions because I never fly any of them, but as best I recall all the default aircraft will load up with the engines running in free flight. Then again, I haven't tested every single default aircraft, because I rarely every fly any of them either, but I know for sure the default 747, 737, Learjet, A321, Baron, CRJ, FA-18, and King Air all start with the engines running in free flight
Last edited by 3 Wire; Oct 29, 2018 @ 8:20am
Originally posted by 3 Wire:
Originally posted by KenGardner:
The APU on the default 747 is non functional

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the engines on all the stock FSX SE aircraft are running by default when you load them right..??

CTRL + E works on all the default aircraft, but it won't work on some add on planes, especially the more complex ones like the Aerosoft Airbusses.

FSX by default starts all flights at the active runway for the airport listed in the active flight plan with all systems on, except lights, ready for take-off. You can designate a parking spot when you create a flight plan but you can't do anything with your plane. For anyone wanting to start their flight from a cold and dark cockpit you would 1st create the plan, select your aircraft, select the weather, save the the flight as the default. 2nd start the flight set the radio to the proper frequencies, set the nav switch to GPS, turn the panel lights on, set the parking brakes, close any pop-up windows, turn off avionics, battery & engines. 3rd press the semi-colon key in the pop-up select the flight you just created and select OK to save the changes and ok the over writing. Now start your flight and fly at least to the first way point and when you're done do a normal exit of the flight and a normal FSX exit wait for FSX to finish it's shut-down add 15 minutes then restart FSX goto free flight and if everything went as planned your selected plane will be waiting for you at your planned airport with the weather you want start your flight and hopefully all will be cold and dark.

Ken
3 Wire Oct 29, 2018 @ 9:15am 
Originally posted by KenGardner:

FSX by default starts all flights at the active runway for the airport listed in the active flight plan with all systems on, except lights, ready for take-off.....

Ken

Thanks Ken, that's what I figured.

Apparently that doesn't apply to some missions, but I can't comment on that since I never fly any of them.

Erazer Oct 29, 2018 @ 9:21am 
This video is quite instructive when it comes to the real thing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqKeSO6msDk
Erazer Oct 29, 2018 @ 9:29am 
You might like to trial this FSX Cold and Dark Modification:

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/1345/fsx-cold-and-dark-cockpit-mod/
Originally posted by 3 Wire:
Originally posted by KenGardner:

FSX by default starts all flights at the active runway for the airport listed in the active flight plan with all systems on, except lights, ready for take-off.....

Ken

Thanks Ken, that's what I figured.

Apparently that doesn't apply to some missions, but I can't comment on that since I never fly any of them.

What it will do is effect all the aircraft in the simulator I'm not sure about some of the missions since like you I don't fly them either,

Ken
Originally posted by Pegasus:
You might like to trial this FSX Cold and Dark Modification:

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/1345/fsx-cold-and-dark-cockpit-mod/
thx I tried it when it first came out. My way works about the same way since I discoved how to change the starting flight in FS9
Erazer Oct 29, 2018 @ 12:23pm 
Originally posted by KenGardner:
Originally posted by 3 Wire:

Thanks Ken, that's what I figured.

Apparently that doesn't apply to some missions, but I can't comment on that since I never fly any of them.

What it will do is effect all the aircraft in the simulator I'm not sure about some of the missions since like you I don't fly them either,

Ken

It says that it applies to Free Flight, if I remember correctly.
logro Oct 29, 2018 @ 1:50pm 
Originally posted by Pegasus:
You might like to trial this FSX Cold and Dark Modification:

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/1345/fsx-cold-and-dark-cockpit-mod/
----
Hello you know web where to download military combat MODs in MFS X Steam Edition?
Erazer Oct 29, 2018 @ 6:04pm 
Originally posted by Marioedgar:
Originally posted by Pegasus:
You might like to trial this FSX Cold and Dark Modification:

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/1345/fsx-cold-and-dark-cockpit-mod/
----
Hello, do you know where to download military combat MODs in FSX Steam Edition?


No, I don't. It should be better if you pose your question in a new thread.
< >
Showing 1-14 of 14 comments
Per page: 15 30 50

Date Posted: Oct 28, 2018 @ 9:38pm
Posts: 14