RimWorld

RimWorld

RimWorld > General Discussions > Topic Details
This topic has been locked
Slingring (Banned) Oct 7 @ 3:58pm
How to make rimworld more fun?
Its so damn dull, you get a base and you just get bored, Its no damn fun and i cant refund it due to steams ♥♥♥♥♥♥ refund policy.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 80 comments
Astasia Oct 7 @ 4:04pm 
Play on Casandra on a higher difficulty. If 500% difficulty is boring for you then it sounds like you just made a bad decision on what type of game to buy, do more research next time.
Ignore Astasia. That is not helpful advise.

Install mods, try different types of settings, restrict yourself in what kind of base you build or the approach you take with making a base (like no mining). There's a lot of different options out there on how you can play the game. Mods make it even better too. Increasing the difficulty is "meh" at best for making the game less dull.
Astasia Oct 7 @ 4:38pm 
Originally posted by Levius Cain:
Ignore Astasia. That is not helpful advise.

It is meant to be. Most people who make threads like this have started the game on Randy or Phoebe, both can be incredibly slow at times, as can playing on a beginner difficulty level and only getting trivial or non-existent threats.

Originally posted by Levius Cain:
Install mods

Installing mods is not the solution to understanding the basic game flow and why it is in fact not boring or dull. Mods can enhance the game once you have a grasp on it, they are not a requirement to enjoy it, and they for the most part do not turn the game into something else, they just change the flavor.
Dan Oct 7 @ 5:05pm 
You shouldnt need mods to have fun, on the chance this is an actual grievance and not a troll i recommend what Astasia said, try on a harder difficulty and use cassandra story teller since she will give the most consistent challenge and events. If this still doesnt do it for you then its probably just not your type of game. Your post seems purposefully incendiary but I hope you actually end up deriving some enjoyment out of the game none the less :)
Look at his game reviews, see if something stands out to you.
Wow, that is so absolutely unfair for steam to not refund you after 128 hours played!
Dude I only have 8 hours and they will not refund me. I spent nearly 40 dollars on this trash and I just want my money back. I had no idea I could refund anything so I attempted to try to find a way to make it fun. I just want my money back. I got my first computer a earlier this year, so I didn't know how ram worked so I spent 70 dollars on some games I really wanted to play only to find out I couldn't. I didn't refund cause again I didn't know. Now that I am trying to I can't. I honestly didn't know about the policy cause how waste their time buying games they hate on purpose?
Originally posted by Slingring:
Its so damn dull, you get a base and you just get bored, Its no damn fun and i cant refund it due to steams ♥♥♥♥♥♥ refund policy.
What does your review say btw? It got banned apparently.
Wlecome to Mods
Originally posted by Levius Cain:
Ignore Astasia. That is not helpful advise...

This may be the very first time I have ever read these words in that specific sequence on the entirety of the Steam forums. Ever.

The OP may be being intentionally disingenuous...
Research games and Steam policies better so you can make better decisions with your money. It's perfectly fine to not like this or any other game. It's stupid to take out your anger on others due to your own choices.
Originally posted by Astasia:
Originally posted by Levius Cain:
Ignore Astasia. That is not helpful advise.

It is meant to be. Most people who make threads like this have started the game on Randy or Phoebe, both can be incredibly slow at times, as can playing on a beginner difficulty level and only getting trivial or non-existent threats.

Originally posted by Levius Cain:
Install mods

Installing mods is not the solution to understanding the basic game flow and why it is in fact not boring or dull. Mods can enhance the game once you have a grasp on it, they are not a requirement to enjoy it, and they for the most part do not turn the game into something else, they just change the flavor.
Never once said they are necessary. I made a suggestion. I love the cherry picking you did. It made me chuckle.
Noeat Oct 7 @ 9:31pm 
Originally posted by Levius Cain:
]
Never once said they are necessary. I made a suggestion. I love the cherry picking you did. It made me chuckle.
cant find where anyone say its necessary.. can u help me and point at it?
I try to behave as if everyone is acting in good faith until proven otherwise, but this is a blatant troll thread. Please don't spam the forums =(
Cam :) Oct 7 @ 10:36pm 
I smell bait
< >
Showing 1-15 of 80 comments
Per page: 15 30 50

RimWorld > General Discussions > Topic Details