ENDLESS™ Legend

ENDLESS™ Legend

View Stats:
Mr. Goblin May 21, 2021 @ 5:18pm
GAME BREAKING ISSUE!
The Monster Event 'FOTIOS'.
This is a super annoying game breaking bug.
If the human player, or an AI player happens along chance a Ruin, which begins the FOTIOS event; this monster WILL completely destroy the targeted faction. This event happens very early in the game for Factions. The only way out of this, is if the targeted faction happens to start the game with BONES resource. If not; then the faction in questions WILL NOT survive.
Because in 3 turns; this monster will run to the factions (only) settlement and lay siege to it. At this super early turn in the game; a faction army is NEVER strong enough to battle such a creature; as it starves the settlement resources every turn (in a fashion where the faction can not grow at all). There is also a random chance that FOTIOS will attack the settlement; and wipe out the garrison. Smash the city.

I am getting sick and tired of this. Every game before turn 10; if I search ruins on the map. I will almost always trigger the FOTIOS event, and my game ends every single time.

If another AI faction triggers FOTIOS, that faction also dies; every single time (Unless they are super lucky enough to start the game with a BONES booster.

Every game. I will either die; or one AI faction will always die; within the first 10 or 12 turns of the game.

For sure, other players are experiencing this. I am getting tired of restarting my games often. This is a game breaking issue for me. FOTIOS is amazingly strong, in early game; as well within the first 10 turns of the game!

Has anyone found a way to solve running into FOTIOS; or is there a way to turn off this Quest event?
< >
Showing 1-15 of 16 comments
Groo the one May 21, 2021 @ 6:13pm 
A workaround/fix (ELCP) is to be found this thread: https://steamcommunity.com/app/289130/discussions/0/5711105714144765411/
I definitely should have thought about it before buying a "Monsters" DLC.
Was expected some crackling twigs and rustling shrubs in the night to scare people out camping, not an invincible creature going around wiping out cities as soon as the game starts.
I uninstalled Endless and will maybe try it after a lot of time passes by. Refunded Humankind too after hearing about the new bugs they are adding into the games.
Groo the one May 21, 2021 @ 8:19pm 
Originally posted by RodentDung:
I uninstalled Endless and will maybe try it after a lot of time passes by.

Again, you can enjoy Endless Legend "bug-free" (with or without DLCs) by installing the Endless Legend Community Patch (ELCP) - what is mandatory anyway, Past installing, you can choose (in game options), to add the bug-fixes for your game, only, whar excludes the other improvements coming along with the ELCP. Finally, your decision - same with refunding Humankind.

-> ELCP download thread: https://www.games2gether.com/amplitude-studios/endless-legend/forums/15-modding/threads/30618-endless-legend-community-patch?page=1

Edit: For to be able to play Endless Legend mutliplayer with other users (in case you aim for), you need to have the same game version as all other players. What results in all players having ELCP installed, or not. How to uninstall ELCP is decribed in the linked thread above.
Last edited by Groo the one; May 21, 2021 @ 8:21pm
thanks Groo for helping everyone
Mr. Goblin May 22, 2021 @ 7:47am 
Originally posted by Groo the one:
Originally posted by RodentDung:
I uninstalled Endless and will maybe try it after a lot of time passes by.

Again, you can enjoy Endless Legend "bug-free" (with or without DLCs) by installing the Endless Legend Community Patch (ELCP) - what is mandatory anyway, Past installing, you can choose (in game options), to add the bug-fixes for your game, only, whar excludes the other improvements coming along with the ELCP. Finally, your decision - same with refunding Humankind.

-> ELCP download thread: https://www.games2gether.com/amplitude-studios/endless-legend/forums/15-modding/threads/30618-endless-legend-community-patch?page=1

Edit: For to be able to play Endless Legend mutliplayer with other users (in case you aim for), you need to have the same game version as all other players. What results in all players having ELCP installed, or not. How to uninstall ELCP is decribed in the linked thread above.


Thanks Groo. This patch will keep me playing.
Why the developers could not do this, is beyond me.
Groo the one May 22, 2021 @ 8:18am 
You're welcome! But not me, instead the modder "LeaderEnemyBoss" deserves to get praised!
Mr. Goblin May 22, 2021 @ 8:34am 
Originally posted by Groo the one:
You're welcome! But not me, instead the modder "LeaderEnemyBoss" deserves to get praised!

Indeed. But, thanks for the referral.
Nitack May 29, 2021 @ 8:53pm 
Not that it excuses what is a ridiculous oversight by the developer, but here is how you survive this quest spawning against you. It will completely unbalance the game, but it'll save you.

1) Wildfire Quest spawns
2) Haul ass back to your city, park your hero and army on the opposite side from where you got the quest.
3) Build armies if you can
4) Fotios will come siege your city for a couple of turns
5) Fotios will attack your city with near full defense still on the city, which your reinforcements will also get
6) You can auto the fight, you will win, and you will gain Fotios.

At this point you can steamroll the entire game if it is near the beginning, Fotios coming in as reinforcement for you hero w/ army is basically unstoppable. The game is totally unbalanced at this point. Your choices are either to die or dominate. The only middle ground would be to suicide or sell Fotios if you didn't want to use it.
Mr. Goblin May 30, 2021 @ 3:28pm 
Originally posted by Nitack:
Not that it excuses what is a ridiculous oversight by the developer, but here is how you survive this quest spawning against you. It will completely unbalance the game, but it'll save you.

1) Wildfire Quest spawns
2) Haul ass back to your city, park your hero and army on the opposite side from where you got the quest.
3) Build armies if you can
4) Fotios will come siege your city for a couple of turns
5) Fotios will attack your city with near full defense still on the city, which your reinforcements will also get
6) You can auto the fight, you will win, and you will gain Fotios.

At this point you can steamroll the entire game if it is near the beginning, Fotios coming in as reinforcement for you hero w/ army is basically unstoppable. The game is totally unbalanced at this point. Your choices are either to die or dominate. The only middle ground would be to suicide or sell Fotios if you didn't want to use it.


As in, it is a SURE THING that if you Auto the fight; you will receive FOTIOS??
Nitack Jun 1, 2021 @ 4:01pm 
Originally posted by Mr. Goblin:


As in, it is a SURE THING that if you Auto the fight; you will receive FOTIOS??

Yes. Which is why it completely breaks the game. You are pretty much guaranteed to have one of the most powerful units in the game shortly after the quest spawns and it can spawn as early as turn 1.
GodKing Zan Jun 1, 2021 @ 11:43pm 
Yeah I got Fotios turn 3-4. I killed him and got him as a unit. Feels like I have a walking nuclear bomb at turn 10.
Mr. Goblin Jun 2, 2021 @ 10:55am 
Originally posted by Nitack:
Originally posted by Mr. Goblin:


As in, it is a SURE THING that if you Auto the fight; you will receive FOTIOS??

Yes. Which is why it completely breaks the game. You are pretty much guaranteed to have one of the most powerful units in the game shortly after the quest spawns and it can spawn as early as turn 1.

Crazy. You sound crazy telling me this. But. I believe you.
Mr. Goblin Jun 2, 2021 @ 10:55am 
Originally posted by GodKing Zan:
Yeah I got Fotios turn 3-4. I killed him and got him as a unit. Feels like I have a walking nuclear bomb at turn 10.

gee-whiz.
Sugam Jun 2, 2021 @ 4:11pm 
they still have not officially patched this? So damn lazy. ELCP fixed this bug(and many more) on the next following morning of the DLC's release.
Cleanfear Jun 5, 2021 @ 7:28pm 
There is an easy fix for this by changing a line in the coding of that particular quest. The quest has accidentally been set to be able to trigger from round 1. You can set this trigger to a higher round number such as 80. For Multiplayer, only the host needs to modify the game code for it to be fixed.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 16 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: May 21, 2021 @ 5:18pm
Posts: 16