X3: Terran Conflict

X3: Terran Conflict

View Stats:
Player39 Sep 28, 2017 @ 4:09pm
Basic Issue
Have not been able to sell a ship I own. It`s a basic issue that I still have not figured it out. I believe that I have been to the ship yard but can not find the menu to buy or sell a ship.
< >
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
Ketraar Sep 28, 2017 @ 4:22pm 
There is no menu, the ships available to sell will be listed at the top of the shipyards trading menu, usually marked green iirc (the green bit might just be in AP though)

MFG

Ketraar
Last edited by Ketraar; Sep 28, 2017 @ 4:22pm
Sketchy Sep 28, 2017 @ 5:20pm 
If you're trying to sell the ship remotely (not docked at the shipyard) you need to have a Trading System Extension equipped to your current ship. Then you can sell or buy anything from anywhere as long as you have a ship at the station or, in the case of the shipyard, buy a new ship without having a ship already there, just need something of yours to be in the same sector (ship, station, satellite)
Player39 Sep 28, 2017 @ 8:44pm 
Can you buy or sell a ship in a equipment station?
Ketraar Sep 29, 2017 @ 2:11am 
Originally posted by chamex3:
Can you buy or sell a ship in a equipment station?
No. Only shipyards trade in stations and ships.

MFG

Ketraar
@chamex3: Just to clarify, you're not still in the ship you want to sell are you? 'cos you can't sell the "Playership" (OTOH, if it's the only ship you own, you can eject from it before docking with the station, send it in on autopilot [this [u]will[/u] be extremely boring, & have a small chance of the ship crashing] then dock manually [comm the station, select option 1 to request docking, then fly into close to the clamps or into the docking bay in your spacesuit]).

After you have the ship docked at the Shipyard where you want to sell it, & access to the trade menu (either by being their yourself in another vessel, or being in a vessel with the Trading System Extension installed) the ships you can sell will be listed in the first block at the top of the menu (you want to move the transaction bar left to sell), then will be a block will all stations & complex construction kits sold at that Shipyard (those in red you can't buy at this time), then the list of ships sold by the Shipyard (again, not everything is necessarily going to be available)
Player39 Sep 29, 2017 @ 4:42am 
Originally posted by Classified: TS/BBR:
@chamex3: Just to clarify, you're not still in the ship you want to sell are you? 'cos you can't sell the "Playership" (OTOH, if it's the only ship you own, you can eject from it before docking with the station, send it in on autopilot [this [u]will[/u] be extremely boring, & have a small chance of the ship crashing] then dock manually [comm the station, select option 1 to request docking, then fly into close to the clamps or into the docking bay in your spacesuit]).

After you have the ship docked at the Shipyard where you want to sell it, & access to the trade menu (either by being their yourself in another vessel, or being in a vessel with the Trading System Extension installed) the ships you can sell will be listed in the first block at the top of the menu (you want to move the transaction bar left to sell), then will be a block will all stations & complex construction kits sold at that Shipyard (those in red you can't buy at this time), then the list of ships sold by the Shipyard (again, not everything is necessarily going to be available)

Well one issue is that the stations in the game are in spanish so there is no station named shipyard. Just equipment stations and idependent stations. yes, I dock into the stations, take two ships , the mercury and the discovery. Lets say I want to sell the discovery, I go into advance menu and can´t find how to sell the ship. Or in the commerce menu, i don´t see a sell ship option. And yes, I have also tried using the trading system extension, in which I can sell my ship without beeing in the station myself, and it didn´t work. So yes, I am doing something wrong, but I just can´t figure what it is. Frustrating that I make money but can`t buy or sell ships. In the video tutorials they advance very fast on this important topic, about selling or buying ships, like asumming that you already know how to do it, which is not the case.
Lupo Sep 29, 2017 @ 7:54am 
Shipyard should be called "Astillero" en español, the closest one with the Mercury and Discovery start I think is the one in Argon Primero. Dock in the Astillero with both ships, move to the one you want to keep. Select "comercio" from the menu and at the top, should be your spare ship, select and you will be able to sell it using the slider at the bottom.

Shipyard es "Astillero" en español. Si estas con el comienzo de Comerciante en el que te dan un Discovery y un Mercury, el astillero mas cercano es el de Argon Primero. Atracas en el astillero, te mueves a la nave que quieres quedarte, y selecciona el menu de comercio, arriba pondrá "vender naves" y estará tu Discovery, lo seleccionas y tendrás mas abajo en el mismo menu un dial de barra para venderlo.
Player39 Sep 29, 2017 @ 7:58am 
Originally posted by Lupo:
Shipyard should be called "Astillero" en español, the closest one with the Mercury and Discovery start I think is the one in Argon Primero. Dock in the Astillero with both ships, move to the one you want to keep. Select "comercio" from the menu and at the top, should be your spare ship, select and you will be able to sell it using the slider at the bottom.

Shipyard es "Astillero" en español. Si estas con el comienzo de Comerciante en el que te dan un Discovery y un Mercury, el astillero mas cercano es el de Argon Primero. Atracas en el astillero, te mueves a la nave que quieres quedarte, y selecciona el menu de comercio, arriba pondrá "vender naves" y estará tu Discovery, lo seleccionas y tendrás mas abajo en el mismo menu un dial de barra para venderlo.

Gracias. Looks like I have not found the shipyard then. Maybe I am missing one, to find it in Argon Prime, then.

These are the stations I have found in Argon Prime: Darsena de equipo argon, estacion espacial libre argon, complejo de armas lijeras alpha, fabrica de componentes para armas alpha, fabrica de tubos cuanticos alpha, reconocimiento de imagenes complejo productivo alpha, y fabrica de satelites avanzados alpha. As you can see, there is no shipyard in my list of discovered stations. ?? Then there is no shipyard at Argon Prime? That´s the only conclusion I am getting at.
Last edited by Player39; Sep 29, 2017 @ 8:22am
Ketraar Sep 29, 2017 @ 9:02am 
The shipyard is located a bit "lower" in the sector, if you only have a duplex scanner it may require you to scout it out more for it to show in the sectormap.

MFG

Ketraar
Last edited by Ketraar; Sep 29, 2017 @ 9:02am
Lupo Sep 29, 2017 @ 9:15am 
In my game they form a triangle Darsena de equipo Argon, the Estacion Espacial Libre Argon and Astillero federal Argon. Try moving so you get the Darsena at the top of your screen, the Estacion Espacial Libre Argon on your left, and on your right you should see like a stick structure, that is the Astillero Federal Argon.

En mi juego forman como un triangulo, navega en el sector hasta que tengas la Darsena en la parte de arriba de tu pantalla, mas arriba se tiene que ver la Puerta norte, a tu izquierda tienes que poder ver la Estacion espacial libre Argon, y a tu derecha veras una estructura como un palo largo con otros mas pequeños que salen de el, y eso es el Astillero federal de Argon.
Player39 Sep 29, 2017 @ 9:20am 
Thanks for your help.
< >
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
Per page: 15 30 50