Grand Theft Auto V

Grand Theft Auto V

View Stats:
giberr Dec 16, 2015 @ 7:55am
Wrong password? Help me please!
Hello everybody, so apparently this help thread has nothing to do with the Steam version of GTA V.

Back in August, I have bought a GTA V Social Club account with name, email and password from a guy that was selling them. I was very happy with it and stuff, my comp could run it, everything went just awesome and fine. But then, about a week ago, when the game asked me to log in Social Club in order to launch the game, it said "Invalid password or e-mail". I was surprised because I didn't understand why it didn't accept the password it ALWAYS did. So I went on "forgot your password?" - entered in the email name of the account and still no email from Rockstar, meaning I cannot log in, therefore I cannot play GTA V anymore. Should I wait more? I don't know since it's been a week already and not a single email in my inbox. Every help is appreciated.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 30 comments
giberr Dec 16, 2015 @ 7:56am 
Originally posted by Rumpelstilzchen:
Reset your password.

So how am I supposed to do that?
giberr Dec 16, 2015 @ 7:57am 
BTW, I forgot to add that I also can't enter the Rockstar Games Social Club website.
Originally posted by GiBerr:
Hello everybody, so apparently this help thread has nothing to do with the Steam version of GTA V.

Back in August, I have bought a GTA V Social Club account with name, email and password from a guy that was selling them. I was very happy with it and stuff, my comp could run it, everything went just awesome and fine. But then, about a week ago, when the game asked me to log in Social Club in order to launch the game, it said "Invalid password or e-mail". I was surprised because I didn't understand why it didn't accept the password it ALWAYS did. So I went on "forgot your password?" - entered in the email name of the account and still no email from Rockstar, meaning I cannot log in, therefore I cannot play GTA V anymore. Should I wait more? I don't know since it's been a week already and not a single email in my inbox. Every help is appreciated.

So you bought a hijacked account from a stranger who gave you the email/password/name and now you caint login cuz the person might of recovered their stolen account?
BUy the game its on sale for $40
giberr Dec 16, 2015 @ 7:59am 
Originally posted by Yakuza Lord:
Originally posted by GiBerr:
Hello everybody, so apparently this help thread has nothing to do with the Steam version of GTA V.

Back in August, I have bought a GTA V Social Club account with name, email and password from a guy that was selling them. I was very happy with it and stuff, my comp could run it, everything went just awesome and fine. But then, about a week ago, when the game asked me to log in Social Club in order to launch the game, it said "Invalid password or e-mail". I was surprised because I didn't understand why it didn't accept the password it ALWAYS did. So I went on "forgot your password?" - entered in the email name of the account and still no email from Rockstar, meaning I cannot log in, therefore I cannot play GTA V anymore. Should I wait more? I don't know since it's been a week already and not a single email in my inbox. Every help is appreciated.

So you bought a hijacked account from a stranger who gave you the email/password/name and now you caint login cuz the person might of recovered their stolen account?
BUy the game its on sale for $40

I presume that happened, yes. I talked with the guy and he said "he doesn't sell gta v accs anymore and he isn't affiliated with the situation".
giberr Dec 16, 2015 @ 7:59am 
Is there anything I could do though?
Vio Dec 16, 2015 @ 8:00am 
Originally posted by Yakuza Lord:
Originally posted by GiBerr:
Hello everybody, so apparently this help thread has nothing to do with the Steam version of GTA V.

Back in August, I have bought a GTA V Social Club account with name, email and password from a guy that was selling them. I was very happy with it and stuff, my comp could run it, everything went just awesome and fine. But then, about a week ago, when the game asked me to log in Social Club in order to launch the game, it said "Invalid password or e-mail". I was surprised because I didn't understand why it didn't accept the password it ALWAYS did. So I went on "forgot your password?" - entered in the email name of the account and still no email from Rockstar, meaning I cannot log in, therefore I cannot play GTA V anymore. Should I wait more? I don't know since it's been a week already and not a single email in my inbox. Every help is appreciated.

So you bought a hijacked account from a stranger who gave you the email/password/name and now you caint login cuz the person might of recovered their stolen account?
BUy the game its on sale for $40

Sounds like you got what you deserved since you didn't purchase a legitimate copy.
giberr Dec 16, 2015 @ 8:01am 
I have uninstalled the game, but I will install it again and see if I can enter then, if not, I will send a screenshot.
Originally posted by GiBerr:
Is there anything I could do though?

Originally posted by GiBerr:
BTW, I forgot to add that I also can't enter the Rockstar Games Social Club website.

Even if you "bought" the account from another person, that person who originally bought the copy it is still the legitimate owner and can get their account back at any time...

So basically if it isn't a Rockstar error, you're gonna have to take the loss xD
giberr Dec 16, 2015 @ 8:04am 
Originally posted by Bloedstorm:
Originally posted by GiBerr:
Is there anything I could do though?

Originally posted by GiBerr:
BTW, I forgot to add that I also can't enter the Rockstar Games Social Club website.

Even if you "bought" the account from another person, that person who originally bought the copy it is still the legitimate owner and can get their account back at any time...

So basically if it isn't a Rockstar error, you're gonna have to take the loss xD

Took the guy long enough to realize his account was stolen, lol.

But, I don't understand why I'm not getting an e-mail. I can still login on his e-mail.
Vio Dec 16, 2015 @ 8:05am 
Originally posted by GiBerr:
Originally posted by Bloedstorm:



Even if you "bought" the account from another person, that person who originally bought the copy it is still the legitimate owner and can get their account back at any time...

So basically if it isn't a Rockstar error, you're gonna have to take the loss xD

Took the guy long enough to realize his account was stolen, lol.

But, I don't understand why I'm not getting an e-mail. I can still login on his e-mail.
So you're openly admitting to using a stolen account? That doesn't help your case at all.... You got scammed, bite the bullet and purchase a legit copy.
unless you have their email and password lol
but yeah youll either have to take your loss or find another person selling these accounts and take another chance.
By the time you spend enough money you could of bought the game legitly
giberr Dec 16, 2015 @ 8:06am 
Originally posted by Lhune:
Originally posted by GiBerr:

Took the guy long enough to realize his account was stolen, lol.

But, I don't understand why I'm not getting an e-mail. I can still login on his e-mail.
So you're openly admitting to using a stolen account? That doesn't help your case at all.... You got scammed, bite the bullet and purchase a legit copy.

I haven't "stolen" it, the guy gave me an acc. I'm not sure if it was his account or someone else's, so he is the actual stealer.
giberr Dec 16, 2015 @ 8:07am 
Originally posted by Yakuza Lord:
unless you have their email and password lol
but yeah youll either have to take your loss or find another person selling these accounts and take another chance.
By the time you spend enough money you could of bought the game legitly

I have the email and password for the gmail account, but not for the social club.
giberr Dec 16, 2015 @ 8:07am 
...and as I said I'm not getting the e-mail from Rockstar even though I told them the email where they should send it to.
Vio Dec 16, 2015 @ 8:08am 
Originally posted by GiBerr:
Originally posted by Lhune:
So you're openly admitting to using a stolen account? That doesn't help your case at all.... You got scammed, bite the bullet and purchase a legit copy.

I haven't "stolen" it, the guy gave me an acc. I'm not sure if it was his account or someone else's, so he is the actual stealer.
You purchased an illigitimate copy of the game, the guy reset all of the passwords for the info he sold you, and he'll probably sell it again to someone just as gullible as you. You have no claim to the account since you didn't originally purchase it, there's nothing you can to do reclaim it. You can contact Rockstar and tell them everything you said here, see what they think.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 30 comments
Per page: 15 30 50

Date Posted: Dec 16, 2015 @ 7:55am
Posts: 30