Subnautica

Subnautica

View Stats:
Coffe with Cream Dec 16, 2018 @ 11:10am
Where is the save location on Epic Games?
Hello,
I wanna move my save from steam to epic games installation. Anybody found where it is?
Originally posted by Cougarific:
Here you go I typed "epic save location" into the Search Discussions box and hit Enter for you.

Originally posted by NewZJ:
the epic version of subnautica stores the savegames in \AppData\LocalLow\Unknown Worlds\Subnautica\Subnautica\SavedGames

i had a save there named slot0000 that i renamed as slot0001 and copied my steam save over and i can load either save, works fine
< >
Showing 1-15 of 18 comments
The author of this thread has indicated that this post answers the original topic.
Cougarific Dec 16, 2018 @ 11:14am 
Here you go I typed "epic save location" into the Search Discussions box and hit Enter for you.

Originally posted by NewZJ:
the epic version of subnautica stores the savegames in \AppData\LocalLow\Unknown Worlds\Subnautica\Subnautica\SavedGames

i had a save there named slot0000 that i renamed as slot0001 and copied my steam save over and i can load either save, works fine
Dr.Thunder7 Dec 16, 2018 @ 11:23am 
I think Epic games should get there own fourms lol
miklkit Dec 16, 2018 @ 2:15pm 
Originally posted by Dr.Thunder7:
I think Epic games should get there own fourms lol

Hehe. I'm wading through 5 pages of posts when it used to be 2-3 pages. This is really cutting into my gaming time.
Mr.Smith Dec 20, 2018 @ 2:42pm 
Originally posted by Cougarific:
Here you go I typed "epic save location" into the Search Discussions box and hit Enter for you.

Originally posted by NewZJ:
the epic version of subnautica stores the savegames in \AppData\LocalLow\Unknown Worlds\Subnautica\Subnautica\SavedGames

i had a save there named slot0000 that i renamed as slot0001 and copied my steam save over and i can load either save, works fine


where is it ? drive C ?
Arkhtor Dec 20, 2018 @ 2:46pm 
Originally posted by GilangAB:
Originally posted by Cougarific:
Here you go I typed "epic save location" into the Search Discussions box and hit Enter for you.


where is it ? drive C ?
Where the OS is installed.
BDK Dec 20, 2018 @ 3:29pm 
%AppData%\LocalLow\Unknown Worlds
Last edited by BDK; Dec 20, 2018 @ 3:30pm
Xenbiotic Dec 24, 2018 @ 9:36pm 
For me it's the following: C:\Users\Xenbiotic\AppData\LocalLow\Unknown Worlds\Subnautica\Subnautica\SavedGames

I put my name (Xenbiotic) as an example as after Users\ will be something else for everyone. This might be why GilangAB was confused. Thank you reddit.
what about mac?
Tip: Do not copy the save game folder while the game is running! For some reason after restarting the game on my laptop it crashed immediately when launched any of the saved games.
Last edited by TheFlyingWarrior; Jan 25 @ 10:18am
Originally posted by TheFlyingWarrior:
Tip: Do not copy the save game folder while the game is running! For some reason after restarting the game on my laptop it crashed immediately when launched any of the saved games.

My save was also crushed.
I just verified game on Epic Launcher
Originally posted by TheFlyingWarrior:
Tip: Do not copy the save game folder while the game is running! For some reason after restarting the game on my laptop it crashed immediately when launched any of the saved games.

That also happened to me. Which is weird because I did play the game for quite a while, and saved multiple times, and yet, it seems they're now permanently corrupted in perpetuity. I was so close to completing my fish collection as well! I just found a Red Eyeye!

I think it's something to do with the world renderer, because the game loads, I'm in the Nori, my Cyclops, and it's fine but I can see out the window and it's just black! And if I get close to the window, or take the Calamari (the prawn suit) out, the game instantly crashes. So it's definitely caused by the world renderer. But I don't understand why. This is a mystery that needs to be solved dammit!!!
what happens when the save game is not in C:\Users\[username]\AppData\LocalLow\Unknown Worlds\Subnautica\Subnautica\SavedGames?

I tried looking for it. I also tried looking for it using the windows search function.
Originally posted by candlefighter:
what happens when the save game is not in C:\Users\[username]\AppData\LocalLow\Unknown Worlds\Subnautica\Subnautica\SavedGames?

I tried looking for it. I also tried looking for it using the windows search function.

Are any of those folders there?
Zefnoly Feb 12 @ 3:59pm 
Question out of curiousity. Why do you want to move save from "steam installation" to your "epic game" installation? Is there any difference on the game on these platforms? Why get it a second time when its already owned through steam?
Originally posted by Zefnoly:
Question out of curiousity. Why do you want to move save from "steam installation" to your "epic game" installation? Is there any difference on the game on these platforms? Why get it a second time when its already owned through steam?
It was free on epic games but I don't think there is any difference.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 18 comments
Per page: 15 30 50

Date Posted: Dec 16, 2018 @ 11:10am
Posts: 18