Signs of Life

Signs of Life

View Stats:
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
Signs of Life  [developer] Jan 29, 2014 @ 1:31am
Recent Updates Discussion
Use this forum if you would like to discuss the recent updates. I'm keeping the updates and the discussion separate so the updates don't get cluttered, but feel free to clutter this thread up with all your words regarding the updates!
< >
Showing 1-15 of 446 comments
Faya AOP Jan 29, 2014 @ 1:45am 
And reading the patch notes leaves me stomped upon..good work!
Works like a charm, now ..how to move down trough platforms? Because remapping the downkey (default S) to numpad decimal doesnt work^^
Last edited by Faya AOP; Jan 29, 2014 @ 5:29am
Smokey the Bear Jan 29, 2014 @ 3:57pm 
I got this small patch earlier today (jan 29) regarding key bindings.(0.12) I just now downloaded a 96mb patch - 14 hours later - wondering what's in it?

Looks like it's still 0.12.
Last edited by Smokey the Bear; Jan 29, 2014 @ 4:06pm
Faya AOP Jan 29, 2014 @ 5:05pm 
Well after i was able to relog to steam (crashed right after SoL updated) i checked the ingame tab but no info and non here?
Fiddlebits  [developer] Jan 29, 2014 @ 5:29pm 
We added the DirectX dependency to the game installation. Steam was just looking out for you there.
Faya AOP Jan 29, 2014 @ 5:48pm 
Maybe add frame work aswell? Seems like some ussers have <4.0 on there comps.
Fiddlebits  [developer] Jan 29, 2014 @ 5:50pm 
the XNA Framework is part of the distribution. If it fails to install then that is a Steam bug.
Smokey the Bear Jan 29, 2014 @ 6:12pm 
Originally posted by James:
We added the DirectX dependency to the game installation. Steam was just looking out for you there.

Oh great, thanks!
Sergeant Davatus Jan 30, 2014 @ 2:21pm 
Really fond of them updates keep em coming! But the second one.. About the "Save/Error/Bug" Thingy fix.. made me just loose my Lv1 Keycard.... And i have no clue how to re-obtain it again... I am once more locked outside of the facilities again and have to breakthrough the windows again.. As the place gets infested with bugs and rodants again.. -Sigh- I hope you guys know a solution about this.. Too far, to be even bloody ♥♥♥♥♥ to restart all over again.. I even just destroyed that Giant Space Robotic Alien Chicken Thingy boss.

Thanks for the help in advance already! Signs of Life Crew!
Signs of Life  [developer] Jan 30, 2014 @ 4:24pm 
Are you getting a log file in the my documents/my games/signs of life/logs folder? If so, could you email the log to playsignsoflife@gmail.com? If its not putting a log file there, then we may have to wait until a bit later when we finish putting in a better error logging system, which should be pretty soon.
Ancient Ways Jan 30, 2014 @ 7:54pm 
Ever since one of the last updates, those "spitter" enemies seem to spawn in abundance. Those things with legs and no arms. Don't know if I was just lucky before, but I didn't even see them until recently. I'm treking back and forth through areas I've traveled before.

I was supportive of the "drop your stuff when you die" scheme before because it didn't look like the game would go nuts with the 1-hit-kill enemies, but it almost seems to be doing that now. I've got a full suit of copper armor and those things can waste me no time.

Tried to be careful, but as nasty as they are and as often as they spawn now, I've been killed twice by them. Actually, the first time was just me exparamenting. I charged it with my iron sword and copper armor. Bad idea.

Each time I have to spend 20 or so minutes getting stuff in my inventory back in the arrangement that I like it in. Actually, that's the part that's the huge pain. I don't mind enemies that make you be careful. This is mainly because one tends to pick up stuff along the way to get your dropped stuff, which means you've got to open up all the mini bags and put stuff in the bags where they belong in addition to arranging things back where you want them.

Again, don't know what the deal was, but I didn't even see the spitter things before. Now, I see them on a regular basis. On semi-rare occasion they're in a group.

If there was some way to put your stuff back in the same spot it was in when you pick all your stuff back up, I'd think that'd would be the most important thing. Spending 15 minutes to almost half an hour re-arranging things isn't exactly fun times.
Last edited by Ancient Ways; Jan 30, 2014 @ 7:56pm
Signs of Life  [developer] Jan 30, 2014 @ 8:27pm 
Originally posted by Ancient Ways:
Ever since one of the last updates, those "spitter" enemies seem to spawn in abundance. Those things with legs and no arms. Don't know if I was just lucky before, but I didn't even see them until recently. I'm treking back and forth through areas I've traveled before.

I was supportive of the "drop your stuff when you die" scheme before because it didn't look like the game would go nuts with the 1-hit-kill enemies, but it almost seems to be doing that now. I've got a full suit of copper armor and those things can waste me no time.

Tried to be careful, but as nasty as they are and as often as they spawn now, I've been killed twice by them. Actually, the first time was just me exparamenting. I charged it with my iron sword and copper armor. Bad idea.

Each time I have to spend 20 or so minutes getting stuff in my inventory back in the arrangement that I like it in. Actually, that's the part that's the huge pain. I don't mind enemies that make you be careful. This is mainly because one tends to pick up stuff along the way to get your dropped stuff, which means you've got to open up all the mini bags and put stuff in the bags where they belong in addition to arranging things back where you want them.

Again, don't know what the deal was, but I didn't even see the spitter things before. Now, I see them on a regular basis. On semi-rare occasion they're in a group.

If there was some way to put your stuff back in the same spot it was in when you pick all your stuff back up, I'd think that'd would be the most important thing. Spending 15 minutes to almost half an hour re-arranging things isn't exactly fun times.

Interesting, I see where you're coming from. The spitting pupa guys shouldn't have increased their spawn rates as far as I know, but I will keep an eye out myself and see if I notice an absurd amount of them. They are supposed to spawn pretty slow, because they have very specific requirements (They must spawn on the floor or ceiling, and can only spawn on mud) so its possible that you are just near an area with lots and lots of mud. We have some ideas for things we would like to do that would make the item drop less horrible, but the only very short term thing we're likely to do is just add a console command that would set a no-drop flag on the player.
Ancient Ways Jan 30, 2014 @ 8:47pm 
Originally posted by Signs of Life:
Interesting, I see where you're coming from. The spitting pupa guys shouldn't have increased their spawn rates as far as I know, but I will keep an eye out myself and see if I notice an absurd amount of them. They are supposed to spawn pretty slow, because they have very specific requirements (They must spawn on the floor or ceiling, and can only spawn on mud) so its possible that you are just near an area with lots and lots of mud. We have some ideas for things we would like to do that would make the item drop less horrible, but the only very short term thing we're likely to do is just add a console command that would set a no-drop flag on the player.

Hmm....

Just to be sure- I'm talking about those dinosaur looking things that are as tall (or about) as you are. They drop Xenohide and Spitter Gland.

I've seen some kind of worm like thing that spawns in mud areas and noticed those worms don't spawn anywhere else. Not talking about those.

Those Xenohide droppers seem to spawn almost anywhere, but I have noticed it seems to be only certain areas. I'll have to check if there's mud in the area.

I just now did another exparament. I rushed one with my sword again. I plopped dead with about half a life bar left.

It's like it's one of their attack types. When they bite at me it's not so horrible. But there's an attack they do that does about half my health in damage. It all happens so fast it's hard to tell. I just know I had half a life bar left because of the way the life bar "shadows" a portion of it when you take damage.

If it means anything, the area I'm digging around in is below the clone pod building. I simply explored downward from there. One things for certain, I encounter these Xenohide droppers before I get to where I found iron deposits.
Faya AOP Jan 30, 2014 @ 8:56pm 
Yea i actually thought you meant them, but i am to tired to coment..or so^^
It helped me alot to place toches every half circle (when you have the laser activated), these mobs started to spawn higher up and higher up until i placed torches in a regular pattern.
Maybe that helps you aswell.
Signs of Life  [developer] Jan 30, 2014 @ 9:07pm 
Originally posted by Ancient Ways:
Originally posted by Signs of Life:
Interesting, I see where you're coming from. The spitting pupa guys shouldn't have increased their spawn rates as far as I know, but I will keep an eye out myself and see if I notice an absurd amount of them. They are supposed to spawn pretty slow, because they have very specific requirements (They must spawn on the floor or ceiling, and can only spawn on mud) so its possible that you are just near an area with lots and lots of mud. We have some ideas for things we would like to do that would make the item drop less horrible, but the only very short term thing we're likely to do is just add a console command that would set a no-drop flag on the player.

Hmm....

Just to be sure- I'm talking about those dinosaur looking things that are as tall (or about) as you are. They drop Xenohide and Spitter Gland.

I've seen some kind of worm like thing that spawns in mud areas and noticed those worms don't spawn anywhere else. Not talking about those.

Those Xenohide droppers seem to spawn almost anywhere, but I have noticed it seems to be only certain areas. I'll have to check if there's mud in the area.

I just now did another exparament. I rushed one with my sword again. I plopped dead with about half a life bar left.

It's like it's one of their attack types. When they bite at me it's not so horrible. But there's an attack they do that does about half my health in damage. It all happens so fast it's hard to tell. I just know I had half a life bar left because of the way the life bar "shadows" a portion of it when you take damage.

If it means anything, the area I'm digging around in is below the clone pod building. I simply explored downward from there. One things for certain, I encounter these Xenohide droppers before I get to where I found iron deposits.

Oh ok, I understand now. I didn't modify their spawning patterns recently, but I took a look at the code and it looks like they (and the punchers, and a couple other mobs) currently do not de-spawn, and stay around until you kill them. My guess is that some of them spawned underground when you were above, and they just kept piling up. I've removed the code that stops them from de-spawning, so you should see less of them piling up on top of each other when I push the update later.
Faya AOP Jan 30, 2014 @ 9:09pm 
And thats why i play this game^^
< >
Showing 1-15 of 446 comments
Per page: 15 30 50