The Four Kings Casino and Slots

The Four Kings Casino and Slots

View Stats:
This topic has been locked
clees42 Feb 18, 2015 @ 10:31am
cashout?
lets say i win something in the casino can i cashout the chips to steam wallet?
or can i for example trade the chips for some steam items?
just curious
< >
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
DL_Adam Feb 18, 2015 @ 11:09am 
The Four Kings is along the lines of a simulated gambling experience, therfore you cannot cashout chips or use chips for anything outside of the game. Here is the basic flow of our in game currency:
  1. Chips are used to play games. Chips can be won or lost at the games, and as long as you have chips you can continue to play the games. As you play the games, certain achievements will reward items for your avatar.

  2. As you play the games, depending on how well you do you will be rewarded "Reward Points." RP can be used to purchase items for your avatar in the various themed stores around the casino.

  3. As you accumulate RP you will be ranked on the various leaderboards in the game. The more RP you collect, the higher you are placed on the leaderboard. At the end of each casino season (which currently last 3 months,) we reward our top players on the leaderboards with very exclusive items.

    SIDENOTE: Spending RP on items does not reduce the amount of points in your leaderboard score.
I know that was a little bit more than what you asked but I'm hoping that my answer gave answers to further questions.
Last edited by DL_Adam; Feb 18, 2015 @ 11:11am
clees42 Feb 18, 2015 @ 12:39pm 
so these ingame items like clothes, is there any chance they could be made tradeable/marketable in steam?
Jester Feb 18, 2015 @ 7:51pm 
I believe, for a game like this, it needs to comply with all country gambling laws and regulations (and Steam policies), which means that game rewards have to be completely isolated from the steam market.
DL_Adam Feb 19, 2015 @ 6:11am 
Originally posted by JesterHead:
I believe, for a game like this, it needs to comply with all country gambling laws and regulations (and Steam policies), which means that game rewards have to be completely isolated from the steam market.

Thanks JesterHead. This is correct. However, we will have Steam Trading Cards for the Market.
Processor Mar 3, 2015 @ 12:30pm 
Originally posted by DL_Adam:
At the end of each casino season (which currently last 3 months,) we reward our top players on the leaderboards with very exclusive items.

Top players? Top 3? Top 10? Top 20? Top 30? In which bracket must we qualify for the exclusive items?
DL_Adam Mar 3, 2015 @ 1:09pm 
Top 1 Overall gets an exclusive jacket for having the most RP in a season
Top 1 on each individual gets an exclusive jacket related to their leaderboard.
Top 10 on each leaderboard all get the same jacket.
Processor Mar 3, 2015 @ 1:38pm 
Thanks for the quick response Adam. Much appreciated.
TheGreatOne« Apr 29, 2015 @ 11:45pm 
So will the players only have to buy 1 subscribe if they always have chips?
TheGreatOne« Apr 29, 2015 @ 11:48pm 
I would really like to cash out poker chips into my steam wallet. What can we do to make that happen? Steam wallet cannot be transfered back out to real money. So whats the big deal? its still keeping the money inside the steam community. Right? And whats stopping the devs from limiting it to certain countries. Just like i can't play certain games in certain countries. Many countries have casinos, so how would this be any different? :headbash:
DL_Adam Apr 30, 2015 @ 6:40am 
Originally posted by TheGreatOne«:
I would really like to cash out poker chips into my steam wallet. What can we do to make that happen? Steam wallet cannot be transfered back out to real money. So whats the big deal? its still keeping the money inside the steam community. Right? And whats stopping the devs from limiting it to certain countries. Just like i can't play certain games in certain countries. Many countries have casinos, so how would this be any different? :headbash:

Cashing out chips for real money turns our simulated gambling into real gambling because you would be able to make a profit, and then spend that money on other goods outside of our game. Even though it's still within the Steam Client and in your Steam Wallet, it's still real money. We would have to do a huge overhaul to our game and remove features that do not comply with real money online gambling laws.
< >
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
Per page: 15 30 50

Date Posted: Feb 18, 2015 @ 10:31am
Posts: 10