Serious Sam 4

Serious Sam 4

Homage?
I noticed the previous 3 games are currently on sale and checked it out, looks like fun. Does this game pay homage to old school fps games? Seems like it does. Should i get part 3 or just wait for 4?
< >
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
Jhinius Mar 23 @ 2:00pm 
I would say that you should get the 3rd game first and then wait for ss4
adz Mar 23 @ 3:26pm 
they are on sale for sam 18th birthday
To me, Serious Sam is considered pretty old school for an FPS, though others may think somewhat differently.
Last edited by PootisMayo; Mar 24 @ 7:26am
Terepin Mar 24 @ 3:16am 
That's the selling point of all doom shooters: old school core in modern coat.
Rynxie Mar 24 @ 1:00pm 
Originally posted by Jhinius:
I would say that you should get the 3rd game first and then wait for ss4

hm, im thinking about it. Looks like fun, but its a very old game. I dont usually play games that are years old. Since my friends wont get it, and the Online might not be as active.

i might just wait for part 4
Last edited by Rynxie; Mar 24 @ 1:01pm
Terepin Mar 24 @ 1:20pm 
So you're gonna play only SS4 and ignore the rest?
You should at least play 3 before 4 comes that way you will be somewhat up on weapons and enemies. And if you have time try 1st encounter and 2nd encounter since they are fun.
Having played Doom and Quake back in the day, I would say that Serious Sam has much more linear level design than an "old school" FPS.

Enemy and weapon variety is in line with the old-school formula however and in most cases, I would say that Serious Sam's enemy design is better than the classics since there's (usually) less hitscanners than Doom.

Originally posted by Terepin:
So you're gonna play only SS4 and ignore the rest?

If one game's to be ignored, i'd say it would have to be Serious Sam 3. Compared to SS1 and even SS2, 3 was just a chore and I don't think anyone was a big fan of having bullet-immune enemies. On top of those, you also had some percariously placed enemies that you'd often have to use iron sights to even hit.
Jhinius Apr 7 @ 2:30am 
Originally posted by Aya Shameimaru:
Having played Doom and Quake back in the day, I would say that Serious Sam has much more linear level design than an "old school" FPS.

Enemy and weapon variety is in line with the old-school formula however and in most cases, I would say that Serious Sam's enemy design is better than the classics since there's (usually) less hitscanners than Doom.

Originally posted by Terepin:
So you're gonna play only SS4 and ignore the rest?

If one game's to be ignored, i'd say it would have to be Serious Sam 3. Compared to SS1 and even SS2, 3 was just a chore and I don't think anyone was a big fan of having bullet-immune enemies. On top of those, you also had some percariously placed enemies that you'd often have to use iron sights to even hit.
i still think that Serious Sam 3 wasn't bad it was an awesome game :/
Terepin Apr 7 @ 9:28am 
Originally posted by Aya Shameimaru:
Originally posted by Terepin:
So you're gonna play only SS4 and ignore the rest?

If one game's to be ignored, i'd say it would have to be Serious Sam 3. Compared to SS1 and even SS2, 3 was just a chore and I don't think anyone was a big fan of having bullet-immune enemies. On top of those, you also had some percariously placed enemies that you'd often have to use iron sights to even hit.
And I liked SS3, even the Cairo levels. F*ck me, right? Those enemies added variety to shooting. It wasn't just shooting everything that moved in front of your d*ck, but also long ranged enemies. Though I would say that the idea definitely needs to improved. Painkiller's Lab level has long ranged enemies, but they are more fun. No need to reinvent the wheel, CT just need to look at games that did it before them and better.

OT: Come to think of it, Painkiller was ahead of its time in several aspects (as far as doom shooters go).
< >
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
Per page: 15 30 50