Legend of Grimrock 2

Legend of Grimrock 2

View Stats:
Seriousharry Oct 7, 2014 @ 12:13am
Another time only on English?
Any chance to see this on other languages, like spanish, italian, portuguese, french, german...?
Perhaps with help of the community...
Last edited by Seriousharry; Oct 7, 2014 @ 6:31am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 89 comments
Maarduk Oct 7, 2014 @ 3:25am 
+ 1Spanish
OfusxD Oct 7, 2014 @ 5:29am 
translation for spanish pls
hexaae Oct 7, 2014 @ 6:48am 
+1
It's important today to use open editable format for the string files (e.g. a simple plain XML file like many other titles do). Hard-coding everything in the exe or data files should be a deprecable practice... Especially for small budget software houses, the fan community can really help providing other languages translations at virtually no cost.
Last edited by hexaae; Oct 7, 2014 @ 6:54am
indio68 Oct 7, 2014 @ 7:47am 
italian pls..or at least let text can be translated easly by fan as OfusxD said
Last edited by indio68; Oct 7, 2014 @ 7:48am
Jabato Oct 7, 2014 @ 7:52am 
Spanish +1

Originally posted by hexaae:
+1
It's important today to use open editable format for the string files (e.g. a simple plain XML file like many other titles do). Hard-coding everything in the exe or data files should be a deprecable practice... Especially for small budget software houses, the fan community can really help providing other languages translations at virtually no cost.

That might work for me too.
mirkospeleo Oct 7, 2014 @ 10:50am 
Another time only on English.....
+1 Italian pls
Alex Oct 7, 2014 @ 9:16pm 
I thought all EU countries had english in school from start. We do in Sweden and we learn english very early. Its after all one the big ones.
Maarduk Oct 8, 2014 @ 2:07am 
I learn french in school from start not english, It´s easy to learn english if you are a kid or young
Seriousharry Oct 8, 2014 @ 4:32am 
Originally posted by JP:
Do yourself a favor and just learn English... After NWO takes over it will be the only language left....


Always the same :(

There is not the question...I understand english, but for my enjoyment want the more easy and enjoyable way(at least, text on my language), there are a lot of offer option on multi language. why i need to buy one game not in my language?
Devs can't pay translation? Community might help.

Easy one XD.
Dr.Disaster Oct 8, 2014 @ 6:08am 
Originally posted by harry:
Any chance to see this on other languages, like spanish, italian, portuguese, french, german...?

Here is the answer the developers themselfs: http://www.grimrock.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=6771&p=71470#p71457
Sentinel 08295 Oct 8, 2014 @ 11:54am 
Originally posted by harry:
Any chance to see this on other languages, like spanish, italian, portuguese, french, german...?
Perhaps with help of the community...

What does "another time only on English" mean? Multiple languages are fine, but if it's going to be done in one language only, which one do you expect them to use?
Last edited by Sentinel 08295; Oct 8, 2014 @ 11:56am
indio68 Oct 8, 2014 @ 11:59am 
Originally posted by jpnole:
Originally posted by harry:
Any chance to see this on other languages, like spanish, italian, portuguese, french, german...?
Perhaps with help of the community...

What does "another time only on English" mean? Multiple languages are fine, but if it's going to be done in one language only, which one do you expect them to use?
dont be smart...he meant have multi 5 subtitles..that's it ..
Originally posted by harry:
Originally posted by JP:
Do yourself a favor and just learn English... After NWO takes over it will be the only language left....


Always the same :(

There is not the question...I understand english, but for my enjoyment want the more easy and enjoyable way(at least, text on my language), there are a lot of offer option on multi language. why i need to buy one game not in my language?
Devs can't pay translation? Community might help.

Easy one XD.
Same here. But after using the language for few years, I only play games in english now. I even read books in english and I really couldn't about a year ago. It's about practice. The more you use it, the better and more comfortable you get with it. And I barely learned any in school.
mbpoblet Oct 8, 2014 @ 3:52pm 
All of us here clearly can at least read and write intelligible English, even if it's not our first language...

Personally, if the original version is in a language I understand, I'd rather play, read, or watch that than a translation, which are often very poorly made and always lose a good part of the original meaning and feel (particularly books, but also movies / series and even games). (If it's not in a language I understand, a translation is a necessary and welcome lesser evil, of course).

It's also a good incentive to learn more languages, which is always good (and good practice, too).

Of course, in this particular case, it's quite possible that the original version itself is at least in part a translation from Suomi, which would render (for the particular case of Grimrock) most of this argument moot, since there's no apparent Suomi release...
Last edited by mbpoblet; Oct 8, 2014 @ 3:54pm
Murderp! Oct 8, 2014 @ 4:03pm 
Learn a language, I speak 4 well and some more ok. Don't be a dummy.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 89 comments
Per page: 15 30 50

Date Posted: Oct 7, 2014 @ 12:13am
Posts: 89