Speedball 2 HD

Speedball 2 HD

View Stats:
cfou Dec 5, 2013 @ 1:28pm
It's criminal NO multiplayer on steam (only local)!
:(:(:(:(
< >
Showing 1-15 of 47 comments
clownfoot Dec 5, 2013 @ 1:30pm 
Read here as to why there is currently no online multiplayer (question 5 has the answer you seek):

http://www.thepixelempire.net/pixel-qa---jon-jops-hare-ceo-of-tower-studios-speedball-2-hd.html
cfou Dec 5, 2013 @ 2:09pm 
thanks

i prefer also 'Communal Multiplayer' but it's not a good reason for a developper to no do online multiplayer...

Many people will not buy game because there are no online multiplayer mode...

Many people will regret buying the game when they understand that there is no multiplayer online (which is bad for the image of the developer!)

and most importantly, is that we do not take the consumer for a fool because the real reason is actually the cost of developing
Steve-O Dec 5, 2013 @ 2:20pm 
hang on, this doesn't say "Local Multiplayer" on the store page, it says "Multiplayer". This makes it a mis-sale and therefore anyone is entitled to a refund.
Budweiser Dec 5, 2013 @ 2:23pm 
Local multiplayer is multiplayer. Ppl should do research before buying game.
Louna Dec 5, 2013 @ 3:00pm 
Originally posted by cfou:
Many people will regret buying the game when they understand that there is no multiplayer online (which is bad for the image of the developer!)

and most importantly, is that we do not take the consumer for a fool because the real reason is actually the cost of developing


Originally posted by SteveOPlaysUK:
hang on, this doesn't say "Local Multiplayer" on the store page, it says "Multiplayer". This makes it a mis-sale and therefore anyone is entitled to a refund.


The dev isn't to blame if you blindly purchase a game.

It's say multiplayer, NOWHERE ITS EXPLICITLY say ONLINE multiplayer... people have strong imagination about this "online".


Last edited by Louna; Dec 5, 2013 @ 3:00pm
Steve-O Dec 5, 2013 @ 3:57pm 
so--- at the point of purchase, where do you believe I should gain my information on the "type" of multiplayer it has? Are you suggesting that no-one should buy the games until a review points out what it has? Guess STEAM can expect low 1st day sales then if they can't be bothered to simply clear it up with what amounts to minimal effort.
Louna Dec 5, 2013 @ 4:12pm 
Originally posted by SteveOPlaysUK:
so--- at the point of purchase, where do you believe I should gain my information on the "type" of multiplayer it has? Are you suggesting that no-one should buy the games until a review points out what it has? Guess STEAM can expect low 1st day sales then if they can't be bothered to simply clear it up with what amounts to minimal effort.

Before i had to go at the store buying my game, and i had to go back at home on my 56K to get infos about the game. Not asking you so much effort for you either.

But looks like the "Local multiplayer mode" wasn't clear enough on the store page...
Kharnivore2099 Dec 5, 2013 @ 4:54pm 
Morons, morons everywhere.

Multiplayer isn't always online, it even says local multiplayer on the store page. No refunds for illiterate people.
FunktionJCB Dec 5, 2013 @ 5:11pm 
While I can survive without online multi-player, since I mostly play SP myself, I really have to comment on that interview.

In it, it was said «the problem is the speed of these old games (which used to run at 60 frames a second) can easily be affected by online lag».

Really? Is that the reason for not implementing online MP?
While not perfect, the Xbox 360 version had it. That was worth the effort, but bringing similar features to the PC wasn't? :(
Louna Dec 5, 2013 @ 5:13pm 
Originally posted by FunktionJCB:
While I can survive without online multi-player, since I mostly play SP myself, I really have to comment on that interview.

In it, it was said «the problem is the speed of these old games (which used to run at 60 frames a second) can easily be affected by online lag».

Really? Is that the reason for not implementing online MP?
While not perfect, the Xbox 360 version had it. That was worth the effort, but bringing similar features to the PC wasn't? :(

There's more variable that can affect online on PC when it's different on console.

I'd rather they focus on current bugs than online multiplayer anyway!
FunktionJCB Dec 5, 2013 @ 5:14pm 
I'd rather they focus on current bugs than online multiplayer anyway!
I fully agree with that. They have a lot of things to fix.
cfou Dec 5, 2013 @ 5:22pm 
Originally posted by FunktionJCB:
In it, it was said «the problem is the speed of these old games (which used to run at 60 frames a second) can easily be affected by online lag».
(
But Chaos Engine remake works good in online multiplayer mode (no lag for me)


Originally posted by FunktionJCB:
I'd rather they focus on current bugs than online multiplayer anyway!
I fully agree with that. They have a lot of things to fix.
of course ;)
Last edited by cfou; Dec 5, 2013 @ 5:23pm
clownfoot Dec 6, 2013 @ 12:56pm 
Originally posted by FunktionJCB:
Really? Is that the reason for not implementing online MP?

I think time was the key issue, not that it cannot be implemented. And obviously Jops' preference for communal multiplayer where you laugh in the face of a rival sibbling as you squash them underfoot with you Speedball skills. With beer.
Zigi Dec 6, 2013 @ 1:39pm 
In the interview he blames the framerate of older games being higher (60 FPS), however I play games with varying framerates that are higher than 60 online all the time. Also the game seems to be locked at 29FPS, it also feels rather sluggish.

Really this is more like a beta release and the graphics department did a poor job. I was excited for this remake but am bitterly dissapointed with the result.
Watcher™ Dec 6, 2013 @ 3:18pm 
In the end, it's a cop-out and they are hoping for a quick cash-in with the folks who think that multiplayer means true online multiplayer.

It is obviously an issue with the expectations of their audience and they are letting that misunderstanding go uncorrected in order to boost sales in the short term.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 47 comments
Per page: 15 30 50