Verdun
Verdun > General Discussions > Topic Details
new squads - speculate away!
i'm crossing fingers for the ANZAC and (french) colonials troops, but the way they phrased it they could maybe add the portuguese...?

i just seriously hope it's not the german naval infantry
< >
Showing 1-15 of 156 comments
Screw the Entnete! The Central Powers badly deserve to get a new unit! The Entente already has WAAAYY more variations for there squad types, while the Germans just have one. Also the German Mariens are pretty much fun one of the few squads that could add new gear to the game for the Germans.

P.S don’t hold your breath about ANZACs, they have been shot down so many times I think they could possibly compete with the Red Barons kill streak
Last edited by X-[1stMN] Pvt. Hans (Queen Luna); Jun 29 @ 7:52am
Temujin Jun 29 @ 7:56am 
i thought last time this topic came up we agreed that germany never used the mosins on the front, at least that was in every book i've read on that topic. the only thing german naval troops would add is a slightly different luger. that's it.

secondly, germany got five squads total. there's absolutely no reason to add more. maybe change or re-balance those that are already here if you feel like that is necessary.

i want the devs to limit certain entente squads to certain maps where they fought at historically. no more belgians in the vosges! that requires addign more squads to both france and the commonwealth.
Originally posted by Temujin:
germany got five squads total. there's absolutely no reason to add more
Entente has seven squads total, so there'd be even less reason to add more to them by your reasoning.
Temujin Jun 29 @ 8:06am 
did you read and also understood the entire post?
Originally posted by Temujin:
did you read and also understood the entire post?
Yes, and with the "second", you put that up as its own objection. I commented on the part that's stupid. Also, the scots added nothing but a reskinned rifle, so I've got no problem with a squad for a reskinned luger.
Originally posted by Temujin:
i thought last time this topic came up we agreed that germany never used the mosins on the front, at least that was in every book i've read on that topic. the only thing german naval troops would add is a slightly different luger. that's it.

secondly, germany got five squads total. there's absolutely no reason to add more. maybe change or re-balance those that are already here if you feel like that is necessary.

i want the devs to limit certain entente squads to certain maps where they fought at historically. no more belgians in the vosges! that requires addign more squads to both france and the commonwealth.
That’s just not true about the Mosins! I haven’t really cared enough to try and dig further into it (even though I know reenactors who know a TON about the Marine Infantry). So it very possible they did, I just don’t really care enough to try and look into it further at the moment. If you want to get nit picky, all it took for the Scots to be added was a reskin of a rifle.

Oh so Germany doesn’t deserve any more squads BUT the Entente does! That’s the Crap! Germany by far has been deserving some more variation in its squads like the Entente have. Even if it is just one weapon, it still seems fair.

Yeah we both know that’s NEVER going to happen. The game is meant to be fun and enjoyable for all who want to play and not just for the realism seakers.
CP needs new squad with good\very good rifle\carbine.
Originally posted by piotrek91:
CP needs new squad with good\very good rifle\carbine.
The Germans only Carbine was the K98AZ and we already have many squads with it
Temujin Jun 29 @ 8:14am 
re-enactors aren't authorative, (most) books are. i have read every book on the topic save for the regimental histories of the respective regiments in question, but everyhting i read in the weapon and equipmment related books hint towards them not ever using the mosin at the frontline.

also note that the entente is not a country. france and the commonwealth are. so is germany. germany as a single country has the most squads by far and thus is in no need for any further squads.

Originally posted by X-1stMN Pvt. Hans (Queen Luna):
Originally posted by piotrek91:
CP needs new squad with good\very good rifle\carbine.
The Germans only Carbine was the K98AZ and we already have many squads with it

you forgot the kar88
Bishop Jun 29 @ 8:31am 
Originally posted by Temujin:
re-enactors aren't authorative, (most) books are. i have read every book on the topic save for the regimental histories of the respective regiments in question, but everyhting i read in the weapon and equipmment related books hint towards them not ever using the mosin at the frontline.

also note that the entente is not a country. france and the commonwealth are. so is germany. germany as a single country has the most squads by far and thus is in no need for any further squads.
Only mention I've found for the frontline use of captured Mosin-nagants is the Ottoman forces in Galicia. Which when you think of their shortages would of expected they'd use them more often and get them as wide spread support.

*cough*British Empire & Dominions at this time not Commonwealth*cough* :P
Originally posted by Temujin:
re-enactors aren't authorative, (most) books are. i have read every book on the topic save for the regimental histories of the respective regiments in question, but everyhting i read in the weapon and equipmment related books hint towards them not ever using the mosin at the frontline.

also note that the entente is not a country. france and the commonwealth are. so is germany. germany as a single country has the most squads by far and thus is in no need for any further squads.

Originally posted by X-1stMN Pvt. Hans (Queen Luna):
The Germans only Carbine was the K98AZ and we already have many squads with it

you forgot the kar88
What the hell are you spouting about re-enactors? Many of them literally devote so much time to fully know what they are representing. Though I’m guessing you aren’t one or even know any, so I could see why you don’t understand what I’m talking about.

Mosin’s were given to the Marine reserve units which I could also see Marine Infantry also getting. That brings something else up, will we see Marine sailor units ingame (which would definitely of used Mosins) or will it be the Marine Infantry? Anyways back to the topic at hand, Germany may be its own country, but it was the ONLY country of the Central Powers to fight on the Western front so you argument is still irrelevant and just petty.

P.S. G88 carbines were pretty much obsolete by ye time of the war, and would have been placed by the K98AZ
Originally posted by Bishop:
Originally posted by Temujin:
re-enactors aren't authorative, (most) books are. i have read every book on the topic save for the regimental histories of the respective regiments in question, but everyhting i read in the weapon and equipmment related books hint towards them not ever using the mosin at the frontline.

also note that the entente is not a country. france and the commonwealth are. so is germany. germany as a single country has the most squads by far and thus is in no need for any further squads.
Only mention I've found for the frontline use of captured Mosin-nagants is the Ottoman forces in Galicia. Which when you think of their shortages would of expected they'd use them more often and get them as wide spread support.

*cough*British Empire & Dominions at this time not Commonwealth*cough* :P

From what I’ve read reserve German Marine units would have used them. Now this would mostly likely have just been for the Marine sailors infantry, but I also believe it could be Marine Infantry as well
Last edited by X-[1stMN] Pvt. Hans (Queen Luna); Jun 29 @ 8:36am
Actually if the Germans get a new squad, I really do believe it may just be the Marine Sailor Infantry since they WOULD HAVE used the P06 Naval Luger and very much likely Mosins
Bishop Jun 29 @ 9:20am 
Originally posted by X-1stMN Pvt. Hans (Queen Luna):
From what I’ve read reserve German Marine units would have used them. Now this would mostly likely have just been for the Marine sailors infantry, but I also believe it could be Marine Infantry as well
Unfortunately not found any mention of it, not in any of the write ups of the captured rifles or in the vids on them. Or seen any recaptured evidence although I guess that would be even harder to track.
The most requested squad was ANZACS over the years. That's probably where they're going.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 156 comments
Per page: 15 30 50

Verdun > General Discussions > Topic Details