Middle-earth™: Shadow of Mordor™

Middle-earth™: Shadow of Mordor™

View Stats:
LiNuX-leillo Mar 22, 2016 @ 11:54am
For Feral Devs: Problems With lastest nvidia linux driver (364.12)
< >
Showing 1-15 of 25 comments
Kellzap Mar 25, 2016 @ 9:06pm 
I have the same problem when I upgraded to the same driver.
Mernst Mar 26, 2016 @ 9:21am 
me to, same problem
BLASTER♡Linux Mar 27, 2016 @ 1:21pm 
same here any workaround?
Qchto Mar 27, 2016 @ 7:48pm 
same problem here(nvidia GTX970 w/ 364 drivers).. every other game Ihave tested hasn't had any issue yet, though..
Edwin Mar 28, 2016 @ 8:07am 
Things are indeed a mess with the new drivers. Many character models appear gone, although I see what appears to be dot meshes floating around in places (easy to see in benchmark mode). Water rendering appears to be broken too. Just a reflective plane without transparancy.

Did anybody already report this to Feral directly?
LiNuX-leillo Mar 28, 2016 @ 11:53am 
Originally posted by Edwin:
Things are indeed a mess with the new drivers. Many character models appear gone, although I see what appears to be dot meshes floating around in places (easy to see in benchmark mode). Water rendering appears to be broken too. Just a reflective plane without transparancy.

Did anybody already report this to Feral directly?


This issue has been reported the past week
Qchto Mar 29, 2016 @ 5:58am 
This is the closer I've got to an official statement from Feral about this issue: https://www.reddit.com/r/linux_gaming/comments/4c6ia1/new_graphical_bug_in_middle_earth_with_nvidia_780/d1heyhx

So, if anyone here is looking for support, this is your best shot: http://support.feralinteractive.com/en/contact/
Edwin Mar 29, 2016 @ 6:32am 
It's interesting that a 'minor' issue that was fixed internally did not lead to a patch before it became a problem. Also interesting that a representative of a UK based company can't spell properly.

However, the Nvidia link in the first post of the thread lists a work around, so I will try that.
Qchto Mar 29, 2016 @ 6:47am 
Originally posted by Edwin:
However, the Nvidia link in the first post of the thread lists a work around, so I will try that.

You're right! Thanks for the heads up!

For anyone interested setting __GL_ShaderPortabilityWarnings=0 %command% in "Properties > General > Set Launch Options..." should fix the issue until a patch arrives.
[FERAL] Edwin Mar 29, 2016 @ 8:02am 
Originally posted by Edwin:
It's interesting that a 'minor' issue that was fixed internally did not lead to a patch before it became a problem. Also interesting that a representative of a UK based company can't spell properly.

However, the Nvidia link in the first post of the thread lists a work around, so I will try that.

I'm not sure what your spelling comment was about but if you have found an egregious typo that needs fixing please do let me know. We can patch the post just like we've patched the game :)

For people who have experienced the issue please do contact our support and we can update you about the patch we have in beta right now. You can email linuxsupport@feralinteractive.com mentioning the driver you are using and the issue and our support team will get back to you asap.
Last edited by [FERAL] Edwin; Mar 29, 2016 @ 8:14am
Edwin Mar 29, 2016 @ 4:06pm 
It appears you patched the post first. Well, one instance of it anyway. ;-)

But the workaround works just fine, so that'll keep me covered. Now all I need is an upgraded GPU. If only a patch would fix that.

One thing I'm curious about though. The texture quality setting complains when I set it higher than "medium" because I'm supposed to have more VRAM. However, even setting Ultra doesn't really impact the framerate. Is the setting a little conservative or have I just not hit a problem area yet?
[FERAL] Edwin Mar 29, 2016 @ 4:51pm 
Originally posted by Edwin:
It appears you patched the post first. Well, one instance of it anyway. ;-)

You must have read it minutes after I posted, autocorrect sometimes autocorrects wrongly and you notice the second you hit send :)

Originally posted by Edwin:
But the workaround works just fine, so that'll keep me covered. Now all I need is an upgraded GPU. If only a patch would fix that.

The patch will include more than just than this one fix so it will be worth installing once it's released.

Originally posted by Edwin:

One thing I'm curious about though. The texture quality setting complains when I set it higher than "medium" because I'm supposed to have more VRAM. However, even setting Ultra doesn't really impact the framerate. Is the setting a little conservative or have I just not hit a problem area yet?

It's a mixture of being conservative to ensure good performance and you not hitting a problem area.

It's usually not a raw fps drop you see when upgrading the textures but more stutters and pauses as textures are pushed on and off the card as you run out of texture space. This effect can get worse over time depending on what areas you are teleporting between etc. When people complain about poor performance on Linux (or Mac/Windows) setting their texture too high is one of the more common causes.
Zebulon Apr 11, 2016 @ 11:33pm 
Any update about the patch?
[FERAL] Edwin Apr 12, 2016 @ 12:07am 
Originally posted by Zebulon:
Any update about the patch?

Contact support and you can get updates on the patch and perhaps even early access to the public beta.
666edy Jun 4, 2016 @ 2:58am 
me to, same problem.

But it's fixes using Qchto trick : For anyone interested setting __GL_ShaderPortabilityWarnings=0 %command% in "Properties > General > Set Launch Options..." should fix the issue until a patch arrives. (Thanks)

System Info:
Información sobre el procesador:
Fabricante: GenuineIntel
Familia de la CPU: 0x6
Modelo de la CPU: 0x3f
Stepping de la CPU: 0x2
Tipo de CPU: 0x0
Velocidad: 3700 MHz
Procesadores lógicos: 12
Procesadores físicos: 6
HyperThreading: Compatible
FCMOV: Compatible
SSE2: Compatible
SSE3: Compatible
SSSE3: Compatible
SSE4a: No compatible
SSE41: Compatible
SSE42: Compatible
AES: Compatible
AVX: Compatible
CMPXCHG16B: Compatible
LAHF/SAHF: Compatible
PrefetchW: No compatible


Versión del sistema operativo:
Ubuntu 14.04.4 LTS (64 bits)
Nombre de kernel: Linux
Versión de kernel: 4.2.0-36-generic
Editor de X Server: The X.Org Foundation
Versión de X Server: 11501000
Gestor X Window: Compiz
Versión del runtime de Steam: steam-runtime-release_2016-02-23

Tarjeta de vídeo:
Controlador: NVIDIA Corporation GeForce GTX 980 Ti/PCIe/SSE2

Versión de controlador: 4.5.0 NVIDIA 364.19
Versión de OpenGL: 4.5
Densidad de color del escritorio: 24 bits por píxel
Frecuencia de actualización del monitor: 59 Hz
Identificador del fabricante: 0x10de
Identificador del dispositivo: 0x17c8
Número de monitores: 1
Número de tarjetas de vídeo lógicas: 1
Resolución de pantalla principal: 3840 x 2160
Resolución de escritorio: 3840 x 2160
Tamaño de pantalla principal: 24,45" x 13,43" (27,87" diag)
62,1cm x 34,1cm (70,8cm diag)
Bus principal: PCI Express 16x
Memoria VRAM principal: 6144 MB
Modos MSAA compatibles: 2x 4x 8x 16x

Tarjeta de sonido:
Dispositivo de sonido: Realtek ALC1150

Memoria:
RAM: 32042 Mb
< >
Showing 1-15 of 25 comments
Per page: 15 30 50

Date Posted: Mar 22, 2016 @ 11:54am
Posts: 25