The Banner Saga

The Banner Saga

View Stats:
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
Manifold Jan 12, 2014 @ 9:03pm
The official BUG THREAD for The Banner Saga
Post here if you have a bug for the devs.

The Banner Saga is a fairly large and complex game with lots of branching variables. We tested as much as humanly possible for a small team, but inevitably there may be bugs. We don't expect tons, but if you run across something and would like to notify us, please post any issues you find here so we can easily keep track of them in a single thread, and we'll address them in the next patch.

If you run across an uncommon problem that is hard to reproduce, please include the steps you took before the bug occurred. Thank you very much and may your experience be bug-free!
< >
Showing 361-375 of 1,183 comments
Aleonymous Jun 25, 2014 @ 2:56pm 
Steam sales is slowing things down, all across the platform, it seems, including update publishing. Please be patient, vikings! =)
tengwarscribe Jun 25, 2014 @ 4:08pm 
Originally posted by mariosetenta:
I can't seem to access the market. I've been playing for several hours, and the last several towns have had markets, but I can't use them. Clicking on it does nothing, the market sprite just flashes. I just passed the part in the game where the mountains crumble because of the snake thing, and this has been an issue in the last several towns.

Running very low on supplies now.
Has this happened to anyone else?

I've had this problem since leaving Skogr.
Last edited by tengwarscribe; Jun 25, 2014 @ 4:09pm
tommkee Jun 25, 2014 @ 4:35pm 
I have the same problem as mentioned above. Awesome game but all the markets are inaccesable.. How long does it normally take for a new patch to happen??
Voltronjeremy Jun 25, 2014 @ 4:52pm 
Originally posted by tengwarscribe:
Originally posted by mariosetenta:
I can't seem to access the market. I've been playing for several hours, and the last several towns have had markets, but I can't use them. Clicking on it does nothing, the market sprite just flashes. I just passed the part in the game where the mountains crumble because of the snake thing, and this has been an issue in the last several towns.

Running very low on supplies now.
Has this happened to anyone else?

I've had this problem since leaving Skogr.

Same thing for me.

Originally posted by tommkee:
I have the same problem as mentioned above. Awesome game but all the markets are inaccesable.. How long does it normally take for a new patch to happen??

It looks like this was first reported less than 24 hours ago so definitely not yet. Not being able to access the markets is a pretty big deal so I would imagine they'll try to fix it as fast as possible.
Odd Owl Jun 25, 2014 @ 8:08pm 
I'm also experiencing the overlay bug (where typing one character into a chat window causes the character to type infinitely, and basically breaks the overlay). I understand this isn't exactly a game-breaking bug, but it is very annoying. One of the greatest things about Steam - to me - is that I can chat with a friend while I play a game. This bug makes it very difficult to do this, and it makes it very hard to recommend Banner Saga to my friends, at least while I'm playing it :)
Shoggoth  [developer] Jun 25, 2014 @ 8:21pm 
Updated to 2.6.56

NOTE: Fixed Market click not working
NOTE: Updated Spanish translation with revisions

(Sorry for the delay updating, Steam servers have been bogged down for us all day here... it was mostly a waiting game on our end)
tengwarscribe Jun 25, 2014 @ 8:33pm 
Thanks. Things were getting difficult with supplies running low.
Originally posted by Juez:
For make this game in a perfect game only need subs in cutscenes x_X
Go to options and click the 'CC' button, aka closed captionings aka subtitles
Chancellor Jun 25, 2014 @ 11:12pm 
After the last patch, Mark Prey isn't making anyone in range attack the enemy anymore for me :cell:
comander Jun 25, 2014 @ 11:52pm 
TY "John Watson" for fixing the bug and getting to it quickly. thats why the community loves u :D
Jhotun Jun 26, 2014 @ 12:44am 
I hope you did not pay a cent for the spanish translation. It is poor to the point that some phrases do not make any sense. It is clearly very amateurish and rushed. I understand you are a small team with limited resources, but if you say in the release notes that the game is translated, then the game should be translated, and if you think it is not a clean perfect translation, then please tell that aswell. What a dissapointment.
Reinevan Jun 26, 2014 @ 2:28am 
In russian localization, some words (like "leave" or "rest" in the camp) aren't translated.
Aleonymous Jun 26, 2014 @ 2:39am 
Originally posted by Reinevan:
In russian localization, some words (like "leave" or "rest" in the camp) aren't translated.

Those are not translated in any of the non-english language localizations. They are actually "art" elements (technically speaking, they are images not text) , that's why they didn't do them.
Wolfenswan Jun 26, 2014 @ 3:29am 
Originally posted by Chancellor:
After the last patch, Mark Prey isn't making anyone in range attack the enemy anymore for me :cell:

Can confirm. Same issue.
Laytonlink Jun 26, 2014 @ 3:35am 
So I am still getting the black screen problem after leaving the bridge fight, Any solutions?
< >
Showing 361-375 of 1,183 comments
Per page: 15 30 50