Kentucky Route Zero

Kentucky Route Zero

Cyraga Sep 23, 2017 @ 3:54am
purchased 4.5 years ago, still not done huh
how bout that
< >
Showing 1-15 of 32 comments
Insane Sep 24, 2017 @ 11:02pm 
But don't worry, they're porting it to consoles to make more money first. Another horrible dev I won't ever support again.
mendel Sep 25, 2017 @ 2:33am 
Cyraga, everything that was promised on the Kickstarter was done long ago.

Insane, "they" have not received any money for Spintires. Oovee did, but Oovee isn't doing the ports; in fact, they're apparently no longer in the game business. Which is a good thing.
The current devloper and publisher are not bumbling idiots or scammers, I expect they're going to do as well by the game and their customers as with their other games. Which you can look up if you like.
I am referring to a completely different game here.
Last edited by mendel; Sep 30, 2017 @ 11:35pm
NathanD Sep 30, 2017 @ 4:46pm 
Originally posted by mendel:
Cyraga, everything that was promised on the Kickstarter was done long ago.


....except the releasing of a functioning finished game .A small detail I know but considering it is a game development somewhat important .
Last edited by NathanD; Sep 30, 2017 @ 4:49pm
mendel Sep 30, 2017 @ 11:29pm 
The game is functioning.

The console port is mostly done by the Annapurna team, if I understand this correctly, so it wouldn't affect the final release date much? Personally, "making money" is a good thing; and so is releasing a console port close to the PC version, because nobody likes to buy an "old" game.
Last edited by mendel; Sep 30, 2017 @ 11:40pm
Cyraga Oct 3, 2017 @ 3:45am 
Originally posted by mendel:
Cyraga, everything that was promised on the Kickstarter was done long ago.

Insane, "they" have not received any money for Spintires. Oovee did, but Oovee isn't doing the ports; in fact, they're apparently no longer in the game business. Which is a good thing.
The current devloper and publisher are not bumbling idiots or scammers, I expect they're going to do as well by the game and their customers as with their other games. Which you can look up if you like.
I am referring to a completely different game here.

I didn't buy into the kickstarter. I bought an episodic game here on the assumption it wouldn't take half a decade to get what is a fundamentally pretty simplistic and short game.
Cyraga Oct 3, 2017 @ 3:46am 
Originally posted by mendel:
The game is functioning.

The console port is mostly done by the Annapurna team, if I understand this correctly, so it wouldn't affect the final release date much? Personally, "making money" is a good thing; and so is releasing a console port close to the PC version, because nobody likes to buy an "old" game.

Old games are fine. Games that are unfinished 5 years after their "release" date aren't very attractive
Wakane Oct 26, 2017 @ 9:04pm 
How many episodes are left?
mendel Oct 26, 2017 @ 11:34pm 
Originally posted by Wakane:
How many episodes are left?
Act V is the only episode that hasn't been released yet. I expect it's going to come out next year to complete the game.
Last edited by mendel; Oct 26, 2017 @ 11:34pm
LunaFortuna Oct 27, 2017 @ 10:55am 
Gosh, how do people watch TV series?

Them taking breaks and all. Some shows take 6 month-1 year breaks before releasing the next season.

This game is functioning. At this point, only one episode is left.

I'm anticipating it with joy, being happy that I got to even experience the first 4 episodes at all. They were so profoundly beautiful, I'm just glad that this game is something that I've witnessed - something I've experienced.

It's a work of art. Even without the completion of the final episode, it's still a work of art for me, even unfinished and all.
Cyraga Oct 29, 2017 @ 3:25am 
Originally posted by LunaFortuna:
Gosh, how do people watch TV series?

Them taking breaks and all. Some shows take 6 month-1 year breaks before releasing the next season.

This game is functioning. At this point, only one episode is left.

I'm anticipating it with joy, being happy that I got to even experience the first 4 episodes at all. They were so profoundly beautiful, I'm just glad that this game is something that I've witnessed - something I've experienced.

It's a work of art. Even without the completion of the final episode, it's still a work of art for me, even unfinished and all.

That's a dumb comparison. A better one would be buying a season of a show on blu-ray only they send the first couple of discs and tell you the rest are on the way. Can't say when but rest assured they're on their way.
mendel Oct 29, 2017 @ 4:21am 
Well, you knew they weren't done yet when you ordered, so your comparison falls kinda flat, too.

My comparison is with book series, like A song of Ice an Fire, where readers have been waiting 6 years between volumes. (The difference is technically that they haven't paid for the final volumes yet.)
Cyraga Oct 29, 2017 @ 6:23am 
Originally posted by mendel:
Well, you knew they weren't done yet when you ordered, so your comparison falls kinda flat, too.

My comparison is with book series, like A song of Ice an Fire, where readers have been waiting 6 years between volumes. (The difference is technically that they haven't paid for the final volumes yet.)

That's not a technicality at all. It literally defines whether you've purchased something or not. Stop defending lazy/dishonest devs. Demand what you paid for.
mendel Oct 29, 2017 @ 2:27pm 
Well, it's kind of silly to demand something they're working on giving you anyway.
It's like ordering your pizza and demand to get it when you can see it's in the oven.

And you have no reason to call Cardboard Computer lazy or dishonest. Stop spreading insults and slander. Obey the law.
Tyler Nov 3, 2017 @ 3:55pm 
So glad I didn't buy this. I'll buy it once it's complete.
QM Nov 3, 2017 @ 8:25pm 
It's not like they're not finishing it, you paid money knowing that you were getting an unfinished product, you've only yourself to blame.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 32 comments
Per page: 15 30 50