War for the Overworld

War for the Overworld

View Stats:
Simburgur  [developer] Feb 16, 2014 @ 3:27pm
Status of the OS X Build (Fixed - June 11th)
Last edited by Noontide; Jun 11, 2014 @ 2:46pm
< >
Showing 1-15 of 46 comments
me_niels Mar 18, 2014 @ 2:38am 
Hello Simburgur,

Is there any update to the OSX issue?
The new content is looking very good and I would love to play it :)

Noontide  [developer] Mar 18, 2014 @ 5:31am 
Hi me_niels,

I've just check with our lead programmer, unfortunately I'm afraid that we don't yet have any update on the OS X front. Officially the problem is now in hand with unity and being worked on by them, as it stands there's not much we can do beyond this point.

I'm sorry that it's taking so long to get the OS X build fixed, we can truly appreciate how frustrating this must be for OS X users. We still consider this a priority and will continue to push unity on the subject.

Sorry for the continuing inconvenience.

me_niels Mar 20, 2014 @ 9:49am 
Hi Noontide,

Thanks for the update, it would be great to see the new content so that we can play it as well.
If you can give us a few days notice before the issue will be fixed, I can take a few days off to feast on the 'new' content :)

Noontide  [developer] Mar 20, 2014 @ 6:37pm 
We will certainly be giving plenty of notice before the game becomes available for OS X users again. We fully intend to keep you informed as our ticket progresses with Unity :)
Noontide  [developer] Apr 9, 2014 @ 4:50pm 
A Quick update for you guys from our latest WFTO Wednesday:

We’re happy to announce that the QA team over at Unity has been able to replicate the problem that has been preventing us from updating our OS X build of the game. They’ve escalated it to their engineers who are now working on a fix, which means we’ll hopefully see this resolved in the near future.
____________ Apr 10, 2014 @ 6:17am 
Hi.Do you plan to put the game on sale in the nearest future? (didn't want to create new discussion sry)
Last edited by ____________; Apr 10, 2014 @ 6:17am
Originally posted by ikll7:
Hi.Do you plan to put the game on sale in the nearest future? (didn't want to create new discussion sry)
Games in devolpment should not be put on sale.
Simburgur  [developer] Apr 12, 2014 @ 2:37pm 
Seems I missed your question ikll7!

Although we have no plans to discount the game before release at the moment we aren't going to rule it out entirely. I think the only time I could see this happening is during the Steam Summer Sale (if there is one this year).
Last edited by Simburgur; Apr 12, 2014 @ 2:38pm
Has Unity reported any progress on fixing your game's issue yet?
Simburgur  [developer] Apr 19, 2014 @ 10:57am 
Yeah, if you check out the post linked in the OP you'll see a small update :)
Nothing since then? Well, I'm looking forward to the fix.
If I buy the game and somehow manage to get it to work on my Mac before Unity gets their fix done, will it be the latest version or stuck on the version it was before the problem started manifesting?
v0id  [developer] Apr 25, 2014 @ 8:20pm 
It would be an four months old version which still worked on OSX. We only update the MAC OSX branch, if it works stable for the majority of OSX users and this requires to wait for the Unity fix.
I see. Well, I'm planning to get a PC eventually anyway, so it's not as though if I buy it now it'll be a waste even if they never fix it. Besides, the old version is still likely to be fun.

Should I bother reporting my problems before the Mac update?

Also, how long seems reasonable to wait for Unity's fix? It's been a week and a half since they managed to reproduce it, but I don't have much experience with this sort of thing.
So I take it v0.4.0 is not avalible for OS X yet.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 46 comments
Per page: 15 30 50

Date Posted: Feb 16, 2014 @ 3:27pm
Posts: 46