Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition

Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition

View Stats:
SFF Apr 3, 2016 @ 8:20am
And now the positive reviews for SoD are getting downvote bombed
Because Torm forbid people care more about the actual GAME and its GAMEPLAY than its supposed "politics", am I right?

But seriously, what do you people hope to achieve by insulting those of us who like the game?
< >
Showing 1-15 of 30 comments
MMOGamer71 Apr 3, 2016 @ 8:23am 
How is downvoting a review insulting?
SFF Apr 3, 2016 @ 8:25am 
Because its insinuating that the review is "bad" just because its positive?

Plus the fact that I've seen people actively insulting the fans of SoD both on this forum and in review comments?

Personally, I don't really care if someone hates the expansion. I just find it amusing and a more than a little sad that some people care so much about other people enjoying what they don't.
so someone not liking what you like is insulting to you? alright bub
The issue is all the fanboys and fantical white knights out there getting butthurt over a game made in 1998. The most recent addition of Dragonspear does not seem to improve an otherwise astounding game. The devs seems to have tossed a dice and just selected random featuers to be added or removed.

After around 2-3 hours ingame with the current DLC as it is, I just tuned off the game and forgot about it. This DLC, is nothing but a glorifed beta.
NextGame Apr 3, 2016 @ 8:28am 
I havent voted on any of the reviews yet. I should go do that!
MMOGamer71 Apr 3, 2016 @ 8:28am 
Originally posted by SFF:
Because its insinuating that the review is "bad" just because its positive?

Plus the fact that I've seen people actively insulting the fans of SoD both on this forum and in review comments?

Personally, I don't really care if someone hates the expansion. I just find it amusing and a more than a little sad that some people care so much about other people enjoying what they don't.

Oh I see your assuming, nevermind and forgot I responded to you.
DakotaThrice Apr 3, 2016 @ 8:30am 
I can't comment on the DLC itself as I haven't played it yet nor have I really read about it as I'd rather experience myself good or bad. However the majority of the positive reviews should never have been posted in the first place. There were a handful of positive reviews within minutes of the store page going live spouting praise for the game (the base game that is) before they'd feasibly even had a chance to download the content let alone play it.
Xarfai Apr 3, 2016 @ 8:30am 
Originally posted by SFF:
Because Torm forbid people care more about the actual GAME and its GAMEPLAY than its supposed "politics", am I right?

But seriously, what do you people hope to achieve by insulting those of us who like the game?
You can't blame them if even the developers (or at least the writers) have no respect for the original and care more about politics than the game.
g_o Apr 3, 2016 @ 9:06am 
Originally posted by SFF:
Personally, I don't really care if someone hates the expansion. I just find it amusing and a more than a little sad that some people care so much about other people enjoying what they don't.

Maybe the writer shouldn't be calling the people who liked the old game sexists.
Murderhobo Apr 3, 2016 @ 9:36am 
Maybe people give a♥♥♥♥♥♥about Multiplayer and are♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥that it was broken and we had zero feedback from Ostner on even if they are working on making it work? Maybe people are♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥about the new clunky UI changes and how you have to do gymnastics to acccess the journal from other parts? Maybe people are♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥at the new constant respawning of enemies that does nothing but waste people's time?...
SFF Apr 3, 2016 @ 9:38am 
1. Who plays BG for the multiplayer? This isn't a troll, I'm genuinely asking.

2. The UI isn't that bad. =/

3. I'm pretty sure BG1, SoA and ToB all had respawning enemies.
StratOS Apr 3, 2016 @ 9:41am 
That's what happens when untalented writers try and push their sad agenda through video games.
That's also what happens when they try to silence all criticism (just take a look on the official forums - anyone who says anything bad about this fanfiction gets yelled at for having "white privilege" and being a "transmysogynist")
Last edited by StratOS; Apr 3, 2016 @ 9:42am
Kyoko Apr 3, 2016 @ 9:42am 
The UI is "that" bad and is in itself a good reason to downvote (though I haven't). I'm enjoying the game but its complete BS to push that the UI isn't bad when many people obviously don't like the "improvements".
Last edited by Kyoko; Apr 3, 2016 @ 9:44am
Murderhobo Apr 3, 2016 @ 9:48am 
Originally posted by SFF:
1. Who plays BG for the multiplayer? This isn't a troll, I'm genuinely asking.

Look at the threads. Lots of people were waiting for this to play with their little brothers and kids and got the shovel. So yes, many people do care about MP.

Originally posted by SFF:
2. The UI isn't that bad. =/

It's Cancer, and unlike the rest of the crap they flung at us, you can't change it back.

Originally posted by SFF:
3. I'm pretty sure BG1, SoA and ToB all had respawning enemies.

It had spawning enemies, nor respawning enemies. The combat in the Xvar village for example wasn't like playing a MOBA.
Last edited by Murderhobo; Apr 3, 2016 @ 9:52am
MMOGamer71 Apr 3, 2016 @ 9:49am 
Originally posted by StratOS:
That's what happens when untalented writers try and push their sad agenda through video games.
That's also what happens when they try to silence all criticism (just take a look on the official forums - anyone who says anything bad about this fanfiction gets yelled at for having "white privilege" and being a "transmysogynist")


Gotta love Affirmative Action and EO hires.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 30 comments
Per page: 15 30 50

Date Posted: Apr 3, 2016 @ 8:20am
Posts: 31